** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
I've had the G9 since November and (touch wood) had none of the major issues that have been documented.

It's bolted to my simrig and mainly play Dirt Rally 2.0, iracing and AC. The whole rig can shake around at times, so it gets a far more rigorous work out than sitting on a desktop.

The only thing I have noticed is in the pause screen of Dirt Rally 2.0 there's a weird flickering graphical glitch on the middle left of the screen. It doesn't show up when recording in OBS, or any other time/game. Could possibly be the DP cable as I've had a few of those fail.

Associate
Hi - can I ask all G9 owners, have all the main issues now been ironed out? I had one way back in July last year but returned it due to the seperation of the bezel issue and then after that there was the shortgages, recalls (or not recalled) etc etc so I am just wondering what the state of play is now with the G9 - have the QC issues been sorted?
Any outstanding or new problems?

Thanks!

Had my G9 just before Crimbo, was initially some issues with flickering etc but after upgrading the firmware all has worked perfectly since.

Mine was manufactured in September though so hopefully after they've sorted their QA issues.

Absolutely love it, all games work fabulously well and the ultrawide panorama has to bee seen to be believed.

Associate
Only read same as I posted above so no clue, I was a 32" G7 owner so would be wanting another 1440p but with a Hardware G-Sync Module which IMO would solved the issues Samsung have with a lot of their monitors due to their Scalers.

They will probably call the above a G8 IMO.

All things being equal, I'd much rather have a hardware gsync module too! But then this thread would be full of people complaining about fan noise ;)

But seriously, hardware gsync is expensive, but it's the best solution. People who think it's just an Nvidia tax don't really understand the differences IMHO. Not meaning to open another can of worms!

Permabanned
I have a Hardware Module G-Sync Monitor (have had them since 2013) it does not have a fan as not the newer 4k or High HZ models now called G-Sync Ultimate.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a Hardware Moule G-Sync Monitor (have had them since 2013) it does not got a fan as not the newer 4k or High HZ models now called G-Sync Ultimate.

Yes, even the PG278Q etc, don't have a fan AFAIK, but they were limited to one display port connection. I think it's just the new modules that all have fans?

Permabanned
4K +high HZ needs the newer module AFAIK, 1440p 144-168HZ do not have them but not sure on a 1440p @ 240HZ as none exist bar FreeSync/Gync Compatible.

Associate
I've had the G9 since November and (touch wood) had none of the major issues that have been documented.

It's bolted to my simrig and mainly play Dirt Rally 2.0, iracing and AC. The whole rig can shake around at times, so it gets a far more rigorous work out than sitting on a desktop.

The only thing I have noticed is in the pause screen of Dirt Rally 2.0 there's a weird flickering graphical glitch on the middle left of the screen. It doesn't show up when recording in OBS, or any other time/game. Could possibly be the DP cable as I've had a few of those fail.

Also have a graphical glitch in the middle of the screen on warzone, only on the main menu.

Soldato
Is there any difference between the 49" 120hz and 240hz other than refresh rate? I'm mostly simming so the refresh rates isn't an issue for me.

Associate
Hy, My G7 27" is update firmware 1009.3 in yesterday.. My question What the method downgrade firmware to older? I tried rename name file M-T7700CCAA-0000.0 not sucess .

Soldato
Got my 49CRG90. After wondering wtf was wrong with it for a few minutes, I turned HDR off in windows...

A little step back in the DPI stakes from the 2x 32" 4k I had before....but oh my lord, having my primary work/game sat in the middle in front of me, with the secondary stuff off to the sides is lubbly jubbly.

Now I just need to finish work so I can try some games!

Associate
I just ordered the G7, 27inch. I wonder if i made a bad decision with the purchase?

1. Have the firmware updates fixed the major issues as of today?
  2. Do I need to buy a DP cable other than the stock cable that comes with the monitor for better performance?(gaming at 1440p, 144Hz)
  3. What red flags should I check for once I receive the monitor before the return window expires?
I plan to play first person shooter games at 1440p at 144Hz, and my GPU is Nvidia GTX1070. I bought the G7 mainly because of its reported fast response time, low backlight bleeding, and high contrast ratio.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, I've been quite cynical about monitor tech until now....but going from 4k 16:9 60hz, to 32:9 120hz gsync....suddenly I can aim. Been playing Apex all afternoon and I've never played this well....k/d this afternoon is around 3-4. My long term average is <1 :D

Soldato
I'm on my second G9 now after the buttons failed on the first one, luckily within a month. This one doesnt seem to wake properly with my RTX2070 and doesn't auto select the source either. Has any one got a solution to the wake issue.

Associate
I'm on my second G9 now after the buttons failed on the first one, luckily within a month. This one doesnt seem to wake properly with my RTX2070 and doesn't auto select the source either. Has any one got a solution to the wake issue.

Pretty sure that only happens in 240hz mode. I had the same problem. Ultimately I just disabled sleep mode in Windows on mine.

Associate
The scanline issue is starting to bug me tbh, I can notice it in the corners of the monitor at all times (at least whenever there's a lighter colour on screen), not just on those specific images that trigger it. The left side seems worse than the right.

It's a lot less noticeable on 120hz, but I can still see it faintly. I'm really curious if this is something they could fix in a firmware update.

Back
Top Bottom