• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

eBay - RX6800 eBay Sale Going Wrong

Soldato
Amazing how many people on here are completely clueless on how ebay returns work

As a seller you have 0 rights, if they say its broken and then send you back a completely different card, there is NOTHING you can do to prove they sent you the wrong card back, and no photos or having a serial number wont do ****, because you CAN Not prove that you sent the item in your photo

Absolutely correct. I stopped taking photos of serials a long time ago as they prove nothing.

Associate
I sell quite a lot on eBay from one of my companies and have for years now. Unfortunately I have noticed a massive increase in the number of people claiming issues with products over the past 18months and trying to scan the item for free. Simply from my own figures it’s gone up 8 fold on the year before.

Talking with friends about it, unfortunately people trying to get things for free always surges whenever there is economic trouble, such as people not being able to work or sudden inflation. A friend who has been in business for over 30 years witnessed surges in people trying to scam free products in the early 90’s again in 2008 and again during the current pandemic.

I got one last week on eBay claiming the item hadn’t arrived and that as he hadn’t paid for tracked delivery then he simply wanted a refund. It was only when I pointed out that I had sent it tracked anyway despite him not paying for it and the delivery firm had a photo of it being delivered that he suddenly then “found” it and I didn’t hear from him again. People will try anything sadly.

Associate
I sell quite a lot on eBay from one of my companies and have for years now. Unfortunately I have noticed a massive increase in the number of people claiming issues with products over the past 18months and trying to scan the item for free. Simply from my own figures it’s gone up 8 fold on the year before.

Talking with friends about it, unfortunately people trying to get things for free always surges whenever there is economic trouble, such as people not being able to work or sudden inflation. A friend who has been in business for over 30 years witnessed surges in people trying to scam free products in the early 90’s again in 2008 and again during the current pandemic.

I got one last week on eBay claiming the item hadn’t arrived and that as he hadn’t paid for tracked delivery then he simply wanted a refund. It was only when I pointed out that I had sent it tracked anyway despite him not paying for it and the delivery firm had a photo of it being delivered that he suddenly then “found” it and I didn’t hear from him again. People will try anything sadly.

Had a similar thing happen with a Royal Mail driver, bought a Rolex from ebay (established seller/shop though so no worries on that score), guy sent it with tracking number, (royal mail), Driver said it was delivered to my works address which it wasn't, checked the CCTV no royal mail delivery at all that day, chased it up and was told the person that signed for it strangely had given the same name as the sender, cut a long story short, I threatened to get the police involved and by a "miracle" the driver that said he had delivered it "found" it in the back of his van the day after.... (I did suggest to the seller he stops putting tape on it with "xxxxxx second hand luxury watches" emblazoned on the package which they did, although I have noticed they sell from their own website now and not ebay anymore which I can't blame them.)

Associate
No all sellers are genuine also; a few months ago I bought a second-hand computer case on eBay and paid for it. The seller marked dispatched and after 10 days I enquired when the case should arrive. The seller said that they dispatched it but couldn't provide a tracking number so eBay gave me my money back.

Oh well, I guess we all have our eBay experiences but the few things I sold were all trouble-free (touching wood!)

Associate
Not anything that I can see.

It’s all just gone silent.

I’m not going to ping the buyer to see how it’s going.
I would guess your home free now. If i had purchased a card that was genuinely faulty i would not leave you alone till i had a refund. Hopefully the silence is positive for you

Associate
Amazing how many people on here are completely clueless on how ebay returns work

As a seller you have 0 rights, if they say its broken and then send you back a completely different card, there is NOTHING you can do to prove they sent you the wrong card back, and no photos or having a serial number wont do ****, because you CAN Not prove that you sent the item in your photo

This is completely wrong.

You CAN prove you sent the item on your photo.
Simply take a picture of the item SIGNED at the FEDEX or UPS Outlet (Sorry, I'm in America) with the backplate off (or serial number visible), then take another with it on (if applicable), then take a third with the courier packaging the item, then a fourth with the receipt and the box being shipped.

You can even have the clerk sign the paper showing that this is the item you are sending. There is absolutely NO way to fake this when you do all this work, and any disputes about 'fake items' and 'scams' will be in the seller's favor after all this work is done.

The only counter to this is for the BUYER to open the package WITH the delivery guy there---which means it needs to be HELD at the delivery location (since the driver isn't going to do anything, he needs to have it at the courier itself), then the buyer picks it up, opens it with the UPS/Fedex representative to document the opening, and then to document the contents of the package. Now the BUYER has full and complete protection on what was delivered. Whoever didn't do all this work is going to lose any dispute.

Then the only final issue is whether the item actually works or not or whether or not the buyer broke the card. But if both opening and packaging are documented by both parties, there can't be any switcheroo's or bricks instead of cards appearing. If the serial number is visible on both shipping and receiving, if the buyer tries to return an incorrect card and you verify with the courier it's incorrect, he's in a LOT of trouble.

Soldato

Simply take a picture of the item SIGNED at the FEDEX or UPS Outlet (Sorry, I'm in America) with the backplate off (or serial number visible), then take another with it on (if applicable), then take a third with the courier packaging the item, then a fourth with the receipt and the box being shipped.

You can even have the clerk sign the paper showing that this is the item you are sending. There is absolutely NO way to fake this when you do all this work, and any disputes about 'fake items' and 'scams' will be in the seller's favor after all this work is done.

The only counter to this is for the BUYER to open the package WITH the delivery guy there---which means it needs to be HELD at the delivery location (since the driver isn't going to do anything, he needs to have it at the courier itself), then the buyer picks it up, opens it with the UPS/Fedex representative to document the opening, and then to document the contents of the package. Now the BUYER has full and complete protection on what was delivered. Whoever didn't do all this work is going to lose any dispute.

Then the only final issue is whether the item actually works or not or whether or not the buyer broke the card. But if both opening and packaging are documented by both parties, there can't be any switcheroo's or bricks instead of cards appearing. If the serial number is visible on both shipping and receiving, if the buyer tries to return an incorrect card and you verify with the courier it's incorrect, he's in a LOT of trouble.

From a UK Ebay perspective, this is incorrect. Ebay always fall back on fact that at no point do Ebay physically inspect the item being sent by the seller, or the item being returned by the buyer. Thus they have no grounds to prove who sent what, as any evidence can be manufactured by either party.

Ebay will favour the buyer. They will get a full refund, you will pay the return postage, even if they return a rock of the same weight.

Your only hope would be to obtain a crime number, and supply this to Ebay. Ebay then refund you a certain % as a good will gesture.

P.S. Just want to say, I fully agree Ebay's policies are absolutely terrible and are very open to abuse. I'm just confirming how it is here in the UK in regards to Ebay - perhaps things are different in the US.

Associate

Wrong, this wouldn't be proof that the correct item was delivered to the buyer since the postman could have switched it for a brick. In such a case you wouldn't know if it was the postman or the buyer that was dodgy.

Soldato
"Sorry I don't do returns as stated on the auction. It was working 100% perfectly before sending to you."
Then you wait for ebay to refund them and you get a brick shipped back to you.

Ebay is a massive risk when selling items that are high value and not paid in cash. That's pretty much a given. It's a lottery. For high value items I turn on as strict buying requirements as I can, I weigh items, photo and video the item and packaging and send process, always send tracked to the paypal verified address etc. But there is only so much you can do.

Ebay - as said countless times on this thread - will side with the buyer in 99.9% of cases. If a buyer wants to scam you or get some free stuff, it is only too easy. They can do the classic paypal chargeback stuff where they simply claim there was an unauthorised transaction. Buyers I believe can do certain paypal return claims for up to 6 months after having made the purchase. So ebay scammers were buying GPUs, mining on them for 6 months then claiming "item not as described" or some ****. It's a nightmare.

Fortunately a lot of people who buy on ebay, genuinely are normal - non scamming - folk. You just have to accept these risks. If the buyer wants to mess you about, no matter what you do, ebay will side with them.

Permabanned
Twice now I have had people sign for stuff and then after 30 days they suddenly put a claim in to say it never arrived. Luckily both cases I had the receipts and tracking and it was the buyer who signed both times but as soon as they put the claim in Ebay took the money off me and put my Paypal in the minus. They figured I would not have the info and couldnt prove it but I reported both to Ebay for fraudulant claims and they both suddenly "found" the package. Must be a thing people are doing on mass now by the looks of it.

I stopped using the Bay because of this as they always side with the buyer and theres too many scammers on there. I use the MM,Gumtree or FB marketplace now.

Soldato

Like i said, you can not prove it, annd you are wrong as others have said

Back
Top Bottom