New neighbours get their Sainsbury's delivery at 7am every Saturday morning... argh!

Soldato
If it was the other way around and they'd just moved in I'd have some sympathy but I'd stick it out and if it becomes a problem maybe ask to have it moved an hour. 7am on a weekday is fine, on a saturday I'd be annoyed, especially if i went out on the friday.

What gives your choice to go out on a Friday more weight than your neighbours’ to get their shopping delivered at 7am?

Seems like the OP has two choices: buy some earplugs or complain on the internet. One of those will help him sleep.

Soldato
If it was the other way around and they'd just moved in I'd have some sympathy but I'd stick it out and if it becomes a problem maybe ask to have it moved an hour. 7am on a weekday is fine, on a saturday I'd be annoyed, especially if i went out on the friday.

As has been pointed out to you, you've no right to expect your neighbours to be quiet for you just because you've been out on a Friday night, and probably made a bit of noise when getting back.

Why doesn't anyone wear earplugs these days? Decent ones are comfy, and they drown out all noise.

Soldato

Surely you wouldn't go out and return home late in the night, that would wake the neighbours up.

Soldato
I'd have a look at it from your neighbours view.

Yeah you're going to get told to **** off I'd imagine.

They aren't going to listen to you I'm afraid, even if what you are saying is sensible. It's going to instantly wind them up and if they get on with others in the street it could end up with people winding you up on purpose. It's Sainsburys you need to have a word with or just buy some ear plugs.

Man of Honour
As has been pointed out to you, you've no right to expect your neighbours to be quiet for you just because you've been out on a Friday night, and probably made a bit of noise when getting back.

Why doesn't anyone wear earplugs these days? Decent ones are comfy, and they drown out all noise.

Personally if they are good enough to keep that level of noise out there is a risk I won't be woken by my alarm. I've never found them quite right for me sleeping though dunno what it is.

Soldato
Personally if they are good enough to keep that level of noise out there is a risk I won't be woken by my alarm. I've never found them quite right for me sleeping though dunno what it is.

My fitbit has a silent alarm, so vibrates on the wrist without any noise - so perfect for when wearing earplugs.

If you've not used reasonable quality ones before, then yeah they don't mould to your ear canal very well and can make it a bit uncomfy for sleeping.

Associate
Why not go out and have a word with the driver as he is the one making all the noise and ask him to more considerate and try to be quieter

Soldato
Why not go out and have a word with the driver as he is the one making all the noise and ask him to more considerate and try to be quieter

Would like to see you try that with some of those who deliver my shopping... :D

Only person who needs a word here is the OP. It's 7 am. A reversing buzzer and a few bangs. And night hours ended at 7 am. You're after a lie-in, not sleeping after a nightshift?

Soldato
7am isn't early, even on a weekend. If you wanted blissful quietness then you'll need to move to the countryside. Although you get the noise from birds at 4/5am then.

What on earth, 7am is ridiculously early for any noise of this sort. OP should just go the other way and whack music on at 2am, that’s not late for us night owls.

If the grandad neighbours don’t like it they should “live in the countryside” / “buy some earplugs” and all the other numbskull suggestions that are in this thread.

7am IS early. No earlier than 9 should anyone be making noise loud enough to disturb the neighbours.

Caporegime
What on earth, 7am is ridiculously early for any noise of this sort. OP should just go the other way and whack music on at 2am, that’s not late for us night owls.

If the grandad neighbours don’t like it they should “live in the countryside” / “buy some earplugs” and all the other numbskull suggestions that are in this thread.

7am IS early. No earlier than 9 should anyone be making noise loud enough to disturb the neighbours.

Our neighbors are up at 7am with the kid, without fail. Attached house, stairs on the adjoining side right next to my head.

Do I moan? No, the kids 4 ffs :p

Soldato

Our binmen come round at 7am every Thursday, it would be a brave man that went out to tell them to shut up.

Soldato

Talk about dramatic.

Soldato
Talk about dramatic.

Well it’s not is it. I’m a night owl, I get up about 8:30am for work (since lockdown) and go to bed about 2am quite often, am I considerate and try to keep the noise down from say 10pm onwards, yes. I could quite easily watch whatever film I’ve got on at near reference levels, or stick call of duty on so gunshots are ringing out, how is that any different to those that want to get up early and make a racket? The only people that are being dramatic are the ones that are flat out saying that the OP is completely in the wrong. It’s give and take both ways. Agreed that it’s more so sainsburys that are the issue here but if people weren’t booking these slots then they wouldn’t be delivering them at that time.

Soldato
Agreed that it’s more so sainsburys that are the issue here but if people weren’t booking these slots then they wouldn’t be delivering them at that time.
Yes but that's no real argument because if we could, people like you and me would be getting our deliveries at 4am when it's quiet and probably cheaper. Someone, guaranteed, would use a supermarket delivery service in the middle of the night if offered.

At the end of the day this noise is part of life, it's people going about their daily business. Just because it's routine doesn't make it better or worse than, for example, noisy scooters delivering food, parcel delivery firms, etc etc. I do agree that mowing lawns or similar could he considered antisocial as you definitely can choose to do that at a different time. But a food delivery is 5 minutes and not something you can strictly choose when to do (due to delivery windows).

Soldato

I agree. Legally, being a noisy neighbour is no different at 7am than it is at 11pm. And I doubt many people would appreciate being regularly disturbed at 11pm would they?

7am is literally the first moment of the day where there's no legal recourse.

Those people who expect their neighbours to be quiet at 8pm for their kids should probably think about that. It's essentially the same as being expected to be quiet until 10am.

Back
Top Bottom