Tory MP Sir David Amess murdered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
9 MPs murdered in the last 209 years, so it is a very rare event thankfully.

Almost a quarter in the past 5 years.

Rare, but becoming less rare.

Edit: I agree it's such a small number in the grand scheme of time and amount of MPs - there isn't really much of a statistical argument with such numbers. Two in relatively quick succession however, in times of peace, should be ringing alarm bells.

Soldato
Far right is pretty vauge people who support trump get called far right

Some of them do yea....as some of them wear swastikas, what else would you call them?

And you're now trying to play off some proscribed groups as if th majority or even a significant portion of the UK population supports Nazisim.

No I'm not, don't make things up

What do you personally think the number is? % wise?

I don't know, hence I didn't even try and ascribe a number, all I said was "Unfortunately not as many as probably should be" as I believe the number who support Nazi ideology should be around zero.

That means it's the smallest.

That could be an option, but it doesn't necessarily mean that. And if it is, fastest growing still indicates a problem, no?

Soldato
Some of them do yea....as some of them wear swastikas, what else would you call them?

No I'm not, don't make things up

I don't know, hence I didn't even try and ascribe a number, all I said was "Unfortunately not as many as probably should be" as I believe the number who support Nazi ideology should be around zero.

That could be an option, but it doesn't necessarily mean that. And if it is, fastest growing still indicates a problem, no?

It's interesting how people suddenly go on the defensive when the far right are mentioned, lul.

Soldato
Its funny how people always have to bring up 'far right' in threads about Muslim terror attacks, its almost like an auto reflex.

Not really, terrorism is terrorism in most people's eyes, so it's possible to see why the discussion might lead to that. I'm surprised I have to even have to point this out...

Soldato
Its funny how people always have to bring up 'far right' in threads about Muslim terror attacks, its almost like an auto reflex.

Hold on, it was the usual muppets who immediately blamed the 'far left' in this thread, just look on page 1, no-one accused the far right of this attack.

Caporegime
Two things now would make me mad, if this evil sod shouted "scum" as he murdered the MP, or it transpires he was yet another "known to the authorities" but left to do as he pleased "because....".

He was on the list , but its fine because

Screenshot-20211017-090219-Chrome.jpg

Soldato
Diane abbot says she wants to do these things from behind a screen from now on

I think this will show the good MPs from the bad ones. The good ones will want to be accessible, be seen in public and be approached by their residents. Based on the events that I attended and seen Amess at and the experiences others have been sharing locally, it is very clear he had roots in as many branches of the community as he could. He lived and breathed being a MP, being an integral part of the community. You can't do this behind a screen with heavy police presence.

Soldato
"Harbi Ali Kullane, a former adviser to the prime minister of Somalia, confirmed that his British-born son, Ali Harbi Ali, 25, was in custody. Kullane said that anti-terrorist police from Scotland Yard had visited him."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...on-held-over-sir-david-amess-murder-gr8rj7whq

And yet another one that was one the list left free to kill.
When will the UK government get a back bone and get them on the list banged up/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom