** Official Days Gone Thread **

Associate
I attack and run away. Rinse. Repeat. Take the horde out little by little. Separate them out and chip away until it gets more manageable. I did put the game on easy though!!

Associate
So the numbers of the hordes don't replenish if you run away and come back later? I'm just as the point playing on a new PS5 where you get to choose to ride nomad again and point of no return for a while, so wondering if I should start killing some hordes before to get some better weapons? I taken on horde down so far, all in one go and it was pretty tricky, so if you can thin them out, run away, come back later that'd be great.

Associate
So the numbers of the hordes don't replenish if you run away and come back later? I'm just as the point playing on a new PS5 where you get to choose to ride nomad again and point of no return for a while, so wondering if I should start killing some hordes before to get some better weapons? I taken on horde down so far, all in one go and it was pretty tricky, so if you can thin them out, run away, come back later that'd be great.

You can cheese them like that yes, but ruins the experience in my opinion.

Soldato
Have you taken on the chemult or sawmill horde yet ? They’re tricky.

Soldato
No, wait till you get some of the section over the pass sorted as it will unlock something that helps taking down hoardes a lot easier.
Napalm Molotov

Associate
Thanks for the tips. I took on 4 hordes in the North, for the side arm reward, then headed south. Did the Chemult horde a few days ago, certainly was tricky, took a few attempts! Got the bigger carrying capacity skill so now can load up on all the Molotov's for future hordes.

Soldato
Trying to persevere with this but it seems very disjointed, story/plot wise. Currently I'm running back and forth doing different short missions for certain camps. Go here/kill them/come back to report. You seem to start one mission for a camp and immediately as you set out another side mission comes in from another camp which distracts you.

Does the story kick in a bit more and improve things or is it like this throughout the game?

Soldato
Trying to persevere with this but it seems very disjointed, story/plot wise. Currently I'm running back and forth doing different short missions for certain camps. Go here/kill them/come back to report. You seem to start one mission for a camp and immediately as you set out another side mission comes in from another camp which distracts you.

Does the story kick in a bit more and improve things or is it like this throughout the game?

Stick with it. I was the same about a third of the way through and when I thought I was close to completing it opened up more and I went from enjoying it to really enjoying it and wanting to complete all the side missions etc. I found it a lot easier to kill hordes once you have reached level 3 in most camps as you can upgrade to the big weapons and explosives to take down hordes. I didn't platinum the game but I am tempted to go back and finish it off.

Soldato
Ah, okay.....I'll keep with it for now then until I push further on a bit. Played for a couple of hours last night and ran back and forth doing camp missions for Iron Mike and Copeland. Then at one point what appeared to be a main mission cropped up where I had to go and meet O'Brien for info about the ex-wife of Deacon. Still enjoying it fairly well, it looks lush visually and you can never really get tired of shooting zombies, can you? :D

One other thing, I apparently received special paint for my bike after I returned Boozers bike from up north to Iron Mike's camp. But I can't see it when I visit the mechanics garage, it doesn't seem to be in the paint section strangely?

Associate
Just completed it, which is very rare for me. I’d say it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played, definitely top 10. I really didn’t expect it to be after the first hour or two, but I gave it a chance and it settled into a decent pace and had the right balance. It’s a proper game, no pointless Ubisoft bloat or busy-work (RDR2). Just fun, with the right amount of grind and clearly made with love.

Soldato
For sure. Anyone on the fence about this game, or have been put off by some reviews - give it a chance! I rarely complete games these days, but this was one of them !

Soldato
I will say it time and again, it’s one of my fav games of the last generation. It’s a real pity that it’s unlikely to get a sequel which makes me sad.

Any one else using the Death Stranding bike decals? It’s quality.

Associate
I completed this last week apart from cleaning up all the hordes now. Loved it, and gutted it all ended so quickly, I thought there may have been a few more missions at the end when the whole map was opened up, oh well. I only got the Lvl 3 trust in wizard island right at the end, so kinda thought they would be a few more missions to go afterwards. Well worth persevering with if you're not drawn in straight away to the game, took a few hours for me to really get into it. Oh, and I played most of it on my PS5, and the last few hours on a PS4 in a work crash pad, and boy what a difference in performance! The PS4 sucked!

Back
Top Bottom