Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Has anybody actually seen any of these "mobile crematoriums"? It all just sounds like a bit of a **** and bull story to be honest.

(unless anybody has any actual proof)

Dunno about proof - about two weeks before this kicked off there was images of a convoy of dozens of vehicles which superficially resembled mobile crematoriums - but then a couple of weeks after it kicked off there was reports of 100-1000s of bodies arriving by train to hospitals in Belarus, Crimea, etc.

Soldato
*Kremlin Spokesman: We Are Seeing Large Numbers of Casualties Among Troops in Ukraine, It’s a Tragedy — IFX

Interesting. I suspect this will be span to be due to the battle against the Nazis. Nothing else Putin can do or he's finished.

Soldato
Yuzivska gas field is right under where all the front lines are - overlaid it looks exactly like it is Russia's main aim for this.

Thanks, will take another look. Hopefully Ukraine can push them back. If Ukraine can keep control of all the areas where the resources are, I'm not sure what is in it for Russia. Crimea comes with resources but so far has been a complete money pit for Russia. Without recources I'd expect Donetsk and Luhansk to also be money pits.

Caporegime
*Kremlin Spokesman: We Are Seeing Large Numbers of Casualties Among Troops in Ukraine, It’s a Tragedy — IFX

I guess they've had such bad communication that they're only fully appreciating the numbers once they've moved BTGs back to Belarus and realised just how many troops are missing.

Man of Honour
I don't like how little clarity there is on where Russia is going from here - that they are reorganising and taking stock before an assault on the south and east looks likely but we should assume they are going to try and address things like the impact supplies and intel from the West are having before they do that, etc. there seems to be a lot of assumptions the Russians are essentially spent and/or won't change their approach based on lessons learnt (which may or may not be the case).

Soldato
Thanks, will take another look. Hopefully Ukraine can push them back. If Ukraine can keep control of all the areas where the resources are, I'm not sure what is in it for Russia. Crimea comes with resources but so far has been a complete money pit for Russia. Without recources I'd expect Donetsk and Luhansk to also be money pits.

A land bridge to crimea also gives Russia total control of the azov sea.

Russia doesn't need gas, but taking and holding donbas would deny resources to Ukraine in future.

Associate
I don't like how little clarity there is on where Russia is going from here - that they are reorganising and taking stock before an assault on the south and east looks likely but we should assume they are going to try and address things like the impact supplies and intel from the West are having before they do that, etc. there seems to be a lot of assumptions the Russians are essentially spent and/or won't change their approach based on lessons learnt (which may or may not be the case).

I'm afraid they will have a lot more cannon fodder.

Man of Honour
Dunno who is on flight RA02730 but regularly seems to go between major government sites and often appears in or out of areas where Russian top brass supposedly have bunkers when it turns its transponder on.

I'm afraid they will have a lot more cannon fodder.

Have to say I would not want to go to war in rubber boots - though probably preferable to many of their alternatives if you end up in muddy trenches for days on end.

Soldato
wasn't the whole mobile crem thing discredited to be a photoshop of some bin lorries?

*edit* sorry for the echo of what others had said. commented on the post before reading to the bottom of the thread.

I can't confirm creamatories in mariupol but I do know that the pentagon said Russia had placed crematories along the Ukraine border in its forward camps just before the invasion; whether those have been moved over the border I don't know but Russia does have crematories in hand

Soldato
With all due respect to the dead and the people of Ukraine, something confuses me a little.
When the Russian Army was sat just outside their borders, amassing for about 3 weeks, they didn't seem to care.
I saw AMAs on reddit with people who lived near by who said they were just getting on with life and weren't worried.

To me this seemed a bit mental and I don't think it required any hindsight to see this coming. So much so that I'm confused why they didn't have everything they had pointed at that area.

I would bet 100% that the dead civilians thought nothing of it, rather than doing a runner weeks and weeks ago.
You can't blame the Ukrainians, but I feel a little like they were to nonchalant about Russia and hoped being diplomatic with a lunatic was the best course of action.

Soldato
With all due respect to the dead and the people of Ukraine, something confuses me a little.
When the Russian Army was sat just outside their borders, amassing for about 3 weeks, they didn't seem to care.
I saw AMAs on reddit with people who lived near by who said they were just getting on with life and weren't worried.

To me this seemed a bit mental and I don't think it required any hindsight to see this coming. So much so that I'm confused why they didn't have everything they had pointed at that area.

I would bet 100% that the dead civilians thought nothing of it, rather than doing a runner weeks and weeks ago.
You can't blame the Ukrainians, but I feel a little like they were to nonchalant about Russia and hoped being diplomatic with a lunatic was the best course of action.

At the time they thought this way because it was par for the course, Russia has been on its eastern border for 8 years throwing threats

And of course it was a bit political too; Russia was trying to get zelensky's government to shut down and dissolve itself and they resisted and told the people nothing will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom