**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Soldato
Does anyone know of a beginners guide to overclock with this motherboard? I would feel more confident if i had a dummys guide infront of me ;)

Here are some settings that work and are very easy to understand
Its for a sandy i5 2500k but should work for ivy just adjust voltage accordingly.

My 2500k is at 4.8ghz at 68c under prime with a kuhler water cooler

ADVANCED FREQUENCY SETTINGS

All auto except
CPU clock 48 (go for 45/ 4.5ghz with ivy or sandy at 1st see how you go)

ADVANCED CORE SETTINGS

All auto

CPU VOLTAGE

CPU Vcore 1.330v
CPU VTT 1.060v
CPU PLL 1.810v
The rest auto

3D POWER CONTROL

All auto except Vcore load line calibration set to EXTREME. This i found to be the most important setting as the droop on this board without it is crazy!:eek:

And thats it, memory I have 16gb blue vengance with xmp profile but all memory is different, so this is for the core only. Not sure how ivy will do but i reckon with these settings 4.5ghz should be simple. Just adjust according to your cpu temps & stock volt.

I have also disabled onboard graphics and sound, not sure if it makes any difference.

Hope this helps! ;)

Associate
Hi guys

Bet you hate us novices hey :)

As those of you who saw my earlier posts, I originally had a number of issues getting into EFI/BIOS, see my posts here:-
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18396884&page=12

Post #353

I was advised by forum members to update EFI/BIOS to the latest version, I updated to latest official F7 and updated latest Firmware on my SSD

As a result I am unable to change any of the CPU settings in EFI/BIOS in MIT advanced mode, so cannot change any of the CPU or RAM settings from Auto

Although the slider in 3D mode works, any changed setting will not save

Should I try and re-flash with F7 or try a beta?

Or anything else you experienced guys can suggest?

Any Ideas guys?

Cheers

Lew

Associate
Did you reset the BIOS and "Load Optimisd Defaults" after flashing?

Advanced mode should always work, I'd more expect the GUI mode to have issues. There's been some USB keyboard compatibility issues with some BIOSes - in advanced mode does your keyboard work fully (use arrow keys to navigate and numpad +/- to change values)?

Have you tried switching to the backup BIOS and seeing if the problem persists?

Associate
Did you reset the BIOS and "Load Optimisd Defaults" after flashing?

Yeah did that

Advanced mode should always work, I'd more expect the GUI mode to have issues. There's been some USB keyboard compatibility issues with some BIOSes - in advanced mode does your keyboard work fully (use arrow keys to navigate and numpad +/- to change values)?

I have the latest X4 Microsoft keyboard and it works fine with the original F4 and F7 EFI

Have you tried switching to the backup BIOS and seeing if the problem persists?

Not tried this, will try it later when I am back at home

I have built a fair number of PC's before and never experienced problems like I have with this MOBO

Maybe board has a fault, I've never had a faulty MOBO before

Do you think I should go back to original EFI and try again loading F7 or go to latest Beta?

Lew

Aye

Aye

Associate
F13x is for GA-Z77-D3H mobos,NOT for the Z77-UD5
you know that someone can brick board with your suggested bios ??

New BIOS for Z77-UD5 F8d :
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios-11.html#post274647

correct, i must have been sleeepy.. sorry mates
i thought about official (non beta) F7 release for UD5H

p.s. you won't brick it using q-flash for upgrade as you will get warning msg as far as i remember. but with @BIOS everything is possible...

Associate
correct, i must have been sleeepy.. sorry mates
i thought about official (non beta) F7 release for UD5H

p.s. you won't brick it using q-flash for upgrade as you will get warning msg as far as i remember. but with @bios everything is possible...

No,even with @BIOS is not possible.

Associate
hm got little prtoblem I am current in middle building my new rig with this board.

My cooler http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-005-PT&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=1395

Has 3 fans but only got one cpu connection. What you folks recommend i do?

I do have a couple of splitters (are they safe to use on one connection). Still leaves me with one fan to work out. Never seen 3 fan splitter before.

is it safe to use http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-031-AK&tool=3 on all 3 cpu fans. Just realized I have one.

First full build I have done in about 4 years and that was amd so guarantee will be back with more questions.

Last edited:
Associate
Well, so far so good for me.

I only had a few minor issues with the original BIOS. That and my brother decided to update the BIOS using @BIOS while I was on holiday. He didn't kill it, so I decided to let him live. :p That's the last time I let him use my system when I'm away.

I'm on F7 now and the system is rock solid. No lockups/freezing, no keyboard/mouse issues, no sleep issues, and no BSODs.

Awesome board - I don't regret my purchase for a second.

Associate
Loving the bios (never used UEFI bios before).

Granted dont know what 99% the settings do yet lol. But so much nicer to look at that the old blue screen I am used to also they run very smooth.

Been running the pc now a few hours done some priming and benchmarking for stability testing. Not had any problems so far thankfully.

I am still running everything of stock making sure all running well. I did make slight change with using the samsung green ram I set the bclk to 100.10 (is this right). Just prevention rather than cure is better imo.

Btw my new system specs

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (latest bios)
i5-3570K
8gb Samsung green
GeForce GTX 670 gigabyte wf
M4 128 ssd (latest firmware)
2 x wd hd
xonar dx sound card
TV tuner card
Antec 850w high current pro modular (old xfx psu was only a year old but for some reason when I turned my pc of at the wall socket it would wipe my motherboard date and time strange I know motherboard worked ok with other psus)

Cooling
Phanteks PH-TC14PE with 3 fan setup
haf x case
1 side fan, 1 front fan 1 back fan 1 top fan

Old specs
965 BE phenom
8gb ddr2 kingstone ram
a cheap £40 gigabyte motherboard
2 x WD HD in raid 0
xfx 750 modular psu

The diference is fantastic.

As for the cpu fans I mentiond above I am using http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-031-AK&tool=3 for them granted the fan speed wont change from 1048 rpm but tbh they not very loud. Only have 2 problems with the motherboard could do with more cpu fan conections and the pci slot layout if a bit cramped for my setup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom