**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
I just had 2 freezes in a row (loud beeping noise) playing BF3.

It could be because i lowered my RAM voltage to 1.35v from 1.50v as i thought i read somewhere that the Samsung Greens can run at 1.35v at stock.

or

I installed the latest USB 3.0 drivers from Intel. They are really the only changes i have made

I have put it back on auto and we will see how it goes. :(

Associate
Device Manager

Hi Guys

I have an EVGA GTX680 and onboard GPU, should my Intel onboard 4000 GPU also show up in device manager

As only 680 showing

Screenshot below

29w4rq0.png

Want to install Lucid, but need to know both my GPU's set up OK before I proceed

Lew

Associate
It's not installed.

Go into BIOS and set onboard GPU to Enabled.
Reboot and install the Intel graphics drivers.
Reboot and install Lucid

Covenantuk

GPU is enabled in BIOS

It won't let me install the Intel Graphics drivers as says my PC spec is not adequate

Although my windows scores are lowest 7.8 and highest 7.9

So machine spec is more than adequate

Any ideas?

Lew

Associate
Covenantuk

GPU is enabled in BIOS

It won't let me install the Intel Graphics drivers as says my PC spec is not adequate

Although my windows scores are lowest 7.8 and highest 7.9

So machine spec is more than adequate

Any ideas?

Lew

Windows scores and machine spec, outside of the CPU and Mobo, are fairly irrelevant. As all you need is an Intel CPU with integrated graphics and a mobo that supports it, which you have.

You're not even seeing it as an unknown device in device manager to be able to install drivers for it, which is why it says your spec is not adequate. So you either have duff hardware, which if was the case I'd expect you to be having bigger issues, or something it set wrong in the UEFI/BIOS.

When you say it is enabled, is it set to enabled or auto? And what are your monitors plugged into? I'm assuming the 680?

Under the peripherals section set Init display first to PEG and internal graphics to enabled.

Associate
virtu is a pain in the backside to install i the same issue on my old z68 msi mobo

it all depends on the order you have installed your drivers

uninstall your gpu drivers then:

install the intel display drivers then graphics card drivers then virtu

also make sure you have downloaded virtu from the gigabyte website as the one on the virtu site may go into trail mode

Associate
"PC spec not adequate" means that it can't see an Intel GFX core therefore won't let you install the driver.

As mentioned above:

It needs to be "Enabled" not "Auto"
Leave the memory at default, some people have had issues assigning lots of memory to the IGP
Plug in a monitor to the onboard port
Lucid is a pain with the driver install order. I followed this list pretty much:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1239993/official-gigabyte-z77x-owners-discussion-information-support-thread-and-club-ud5h-ud3h-d3h-and-all/30

If all else fails, remove your gfx card and see if it installs using only the Intel graphics, you can just put your gfx card back in afterwards

Associate
Windows scores and machine spec, outside of the CPU and Mobo, are fairly irrelevant. As all you need is an Intel CPU with integrated graphics and a mobo that supports it, which you have.

You're not even seeing it as an unknown device in device manager to be able to install drivers for it, which is why it says your spec is not adequate. So you either have duff hardware, which if was the case I'd expect you to be having bigger issues, or something it set wrong in the UEFI/BIOS.

When you say it is enabled, is it set to enabled or auto? And what are your monitors plugged into? I'm assuming the 680?

Under the peripherals section set Init display first to PEG and internal graphics to enabled.

I have had some major problems with this build, firstly couldnt get into EFI, updated to the latest BIOS (F7) and the latest MOBO drivers

I have built around 100 PC's over the years and never encountered problems like I have with this Combination

I do suspect a hardware fault somewhere, but not sure if its MOBO related or not

The Intel GPU and EVGA GTX680 were installed and showing in device manager, now the Intel GPU on my I7 3770k has just disappeared from the list

I will re-check EFI/BIOS settings tonight, but I havent changed anything in there

Regards

Lew

Associate
New Build

Hi,

I've just gone for a new sys build with:-
i5 3570k
16gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx
60Gb mSata
Corsair H60
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Wifi
Vertex 3 120Gb
using my old ATi 5850

will try the onboard sound rather than force it on old PCI for my xFi Elite Pro.

I've been through the thread and can find no step by step install build guide which sometimes is available.

Does anyone have a link to one they found useful?

My Questions follow the following thought process:-

Setup order and connection of graphics, do I install first using onboard and install those drivers and then add the ATI or can I do it all from the start?

What are the must have drivers to install - i.e. chipset, marvell etc?

Any do's and do not's

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond.

Regards
Gary

Associate
Had a couple of problems today.

First booted up pc this morning failed to boot no beep just stuck on logo screen
restarted booted fine

About 2 hours later system froze up was playing skyrim at the time did ctrl/alt/del stuck on loading options.

Anyone encountered problems like this?

I use the ram samsung so I do have 100.10 BCLK set

Associate
what dram voltage are you using for the samsung ram?

auto set at 1.5

I am not to fussed about the skyrim crash have the game modded to hell and know this can cause crashes (little strangee that windows would not respond). But little concerned that the cold boot this morning caused it to stick on logo screen.

Last edited:
Associate
Getting integrated graphics to work

Did anyone manage to get the integrated graphics to work with an external graphics? .

Did you ever find out what was causing the rebooting? I know you mentioned restricting the video memory to 64mb, but that doesn't work for me. In fact, I've managed to get my machine to boot ONCE with integrated graphics, using 64mb of RAM, but the video was very laggy. It needs more ram. I believe it needs at least 128Mb to use Aero theme. I haven't been able to get it to boot again, no matter how much video ram I assign to the iGPU.

Associate
I could be down to driver order and how you install it all. My first OS install I just randomly installed drivers and got a blue screen on one of the driver installs, second time I followed this list and it worked fine:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1239993/...port-thread-and-club-ud5h-ud3h-d3h-and-all/30

Worth a try?

I had to do 3 installs due to driver errors popping up. This board stupidly temperamental with drivers I find. (I have tuner drivers and sound card drivers they could caused me problems).

Managed to get a stable overclock of 4.2 (wanted 4.4 but I lack the knowledge and patience to do anymore got sick looking at the prime screen and ibt).

Ram is starting to pee me off tho unless stock settings at 1.55 it refuses to go stable. Must have tried half dozen combinations. Granted I know absolutely nothing when comes to ram overclocking and got my timings and voltages off people who have the same samsung green ram and succeeded at overclocking it.

Edit: Noob question when overclocking the ram do you make any changes to the performance enhance option?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom