**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
tried plugging keyboard into the usb 2 or usb3 ports? might have issues on the usb3

you have spare keyboard to test with?

Thanks for the reply.

The keyboard is definitely working. On a couple of occasions I have seen the screen (very briefly) where there are 2 options available (load defaults and reboot). This screen only flashes up after resetting CMOS and then I have to remove and replace the VGA cable to see it briefly. However when it disappeared I pressed down on the cursor on the keyboard, took out the VGA and replaced, screen flashed up again and the highlighted option had moved down one. When I pressed enter the system rebooted.

Splash screen then comes up again and then disappears. I only ever get any screen up for less than a second.

My concern is I received this motherboard yesterday and it looked like the static bag had already been opened and resealed. I guess I might have to send it back. Spoke with customer services who will refund it on return. I might just order a new one today for delivery tomorrow. I hate giving up on a problem though!

Associate
Yeah I have tried with the graphics card in, graphics card out using the built in outputs and a different graphics card. Always the same result!

Ah well. Disappointing as I had been looking forward to this build since picking up a Gigabyte GTX670 Windforce on launch day for £300 delivered. Been saving up since to get all the other components. I guess I can wait another day.

At least I know the Noctua D14 looks the business on the board!

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been a lurker on these forums for years and the amount of help and knowledge here is amazing. It is much appreciated by many. Keep up the good work! :)

Caporegime
Yeah I have tried with the graphics card in, graphics card out using the built in outputs and a different graphics card. Always the same result!

Ah well. Disappointing as I had been looking forward to this build since picking up a Gigabyte GTX670 Windforce on launch day for £300 delivered. Been saving up since to get all the other components. I guess I can wait another day.

At least I know the Noctua D14 looks the business on the board!

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been a lurker on these forums for years and the amount of help and knowledge here is amazing. It is much appreciated by many. Keep up the good work! :)

ohh your using gtx 670???? sorry i havnt read the whole thread,ive seen a few users on tweaktown have same issues with that graphic card but even onboard graphics should work fine

are you using the very latest beta bios for that board? thats assuming you can get into the bios

tried flicking the bios switch on the mb itself to the back up bios and boot with that??

cant think of what else you could try before sending it back,you could just be unlucky with that board

heres a full list of latest beta bios's for gigabyte,make sure you pick the right bios for your model of mb

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

Associate
Yeah cant get into BIOS at all due to not seeing the screen after the splash screen.

I had tried to the bios switch as well. Same thing happens.

Ordered a new one for tomorrow and sending this one back.

Cheers for link will come in handy when I get the new one up and running.

All good fun :)

Associate
I changed my VTT to 1.10 as per wazza's suggestion. I went two evenings with no lockup and now on the third evening whilst playing BF3 the screech of death freeze lockup happened.

Gigabyte support advised to install Beta F9c, so i have just done that.

No OC, everything at stock.

BCLK at 100.1
VTT at 1.10
Ram at 1.55
No other changes.

I am a bit annoyed as i spent a ton of cash on this Ivy build, but i will keep persevering :)

Associate
I changed my VTT to 1.10 as per wazza's suggestion. I went two evenings with no lockup and now on the third evening whilst playing BF3 the screech of death freeze lockup happened.

BCLK at 100.1
VTT at 1.10
Ram at 1.55
No other changes.

I am a bit annoyed as i spent a ton of cash on this Ivy build, but i will keep persevering :)

did you tried uninstall USB 3.0 drivers? since i did that,i have NO issues at all,no lock ups,no freezes

Associate
did you tried uninstall USB 3.0 drivers? since i did that,i have NO issues at all,no lock ups,no freezes

Hey Mario,

That will be my next port of call.

I am trying to do one change at a time to see if i can narrow down the issue.

Giga support said to try F9c, so i will try it. If a lock occurs then those 3.0 drivers will go.

Were you getting lockups even if nothing was connected to the USB ports?

To uninstall them it just is a matter of doing it through device manager correct?

Caporegime

BCLK at 100.1
VTT at 1.10
Ram at 1.55
No other changes.

did you try with one/two clicks more vtt? esp if stressed in gaming you might not have been fully stable at 1.10v

Associate
Hey Mario,

That will be my next port of call.

I am trying to do one change at a time to see if i can narrow down the issue.

Giga support said to try F9c, so i will try it. If a lock occurs then those 3.0 drivers will go.

Were you getting lockups even if nothing was connected to the USB ports?

To uninstall them it just is a matter of doing it through device manager correct?

I am using official F8 atm,nothing connected to USB 3,as i have only 2 devices which need usb (wireles keyboard/mouse and sometimes usb stick or xbox gamepad)
I would avoid F9 bios,as here http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios-11.html#post274647 are some not so nice posts about it,but its up to you,also F9 bioses limiting you OC and need more vcore than F8
Uninstall USB 3 through Control Panel/Uninstall Program and after clean pc with something like CCleaner,reboot and you will be all good
I didnt even needed update bios,will wait for something like F10 when more bugs will be fixed
Personally i would first uninstall USB 3 driver,and only then try newer bios,but again,its up to you

Associate
I am using official F8 atm,nothing connected to USB 3,as i have only 2 devices which need usb (wireles keyboard/mouse and sometimes usb stick or xbox gamepad)
I would avoid F9 bios,as here http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios-11.html#post274647 are some not so nice posts about it,but its up to you,also F9 bioses limiting you OC and need more vcore than F8
Uninstall USB 3 through Control Panel/Uninstall Program and after clean pc with something like CCleaner,reboot and you will be all good
I didnt even needed update bios,will wait for something like F10 when more bugs will be fixed
Personally i would first uninstall USB 3 driver,and only then try newer bios,but again,its up to you

Thank you mario

Associate
keep getting random freezing when accessing 2nd and 3rd hard drive. Currently setup as.

128 ssd Main
250gb sata
250gb sata split into to partitions

The hard drives have been solid in my last build and are old a year old. When first setting up this build one of them became corrupt and had to reformat it.(intended to reformat them anyways so not sure if corruption relevant)

Any ideas?

Caporegime
keep getting random freezing when accessing 2nd and 3rd hard drive. Currently setup as.

128 ssd Main
250gb sata
250gb sata split into to partitions

The hard drives have been solid in my last build and are old a year old. When first setting up this build one of them became corrupt and had to reformat it.(intended to reformat them anyways so not sure if corruption relevant)

Any ideas?

using latest intel rst drivers? latest mb bios?

heres list of all the latest drivers/software/programs for gigabyte boards,take time to read and pick what drivers you need ect

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyt...system-info-benchmarking-stability-tools.html

Associate
using latest intel rst drivers? latest mb bios?

heres list of all the latest drivers/software/programs for gigabyte boards,take time to read and pick what drivers you need ect

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyt...system-info-benchmarking-stability-tools.html

Already fully up to date I think will check again thanks. I did update bios earlier today was on beta F8 now on release F8 hopefully will make a difference. I did get a load of windows errors but forgot to write them down before i deleted them. If anymore come up shall post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom