• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Associate
So I got my card today, middle of the road clocker it seems from first glance. (Always the way!). -1541 max STABLE and 0 issues I saw in heavean (69% ASIC, pretty jealous of you guys and your easy 1600+!).

Which card did you end up getting?

Also have a FT02 ( heat pipe orientation etc etc) and your temps look good.

Went for the MSI card in the end, heatpipe orientation seemed to be the best out of the big 3. Cooler fibs also go the right way as well unlike the gigabyte one.
(considering how cool it runs though it would be nice to know if the GB one remains in acceptable levels given its compatibility issues..)

Two downsides to it though-

No backplate/flimsy cooler
Lack of display ports.

On the plus side it fits without having to worry!

Associate
Caporegime
OP
The built in game scaler isn't as good as doing it through DSR. I've just tested DSR on my 1080p monitor on BF4 and it worked fine at 4k 144hz, albeit the performance took a massive hit, 2560x1440 with no AA at 144hz was good though and gave me a better image and more performance than 1080p with 4xAA

Associate
Today my card has developed the fan speed locking problem. I've had the card since the day after release and this never happened before now. I was extremely careful taking the sticker off so I doubt it was that.

Last edited:
Associate
I rebooted a few times and the problem persisted. Just now I uninstalled MSI Afterburner, shut down, booted up, installed EVGA PrecisionX, set my overclock, and after playing about with the fan speeds manually it seems fixed. Guess it could be an Afterburner bug?

Permabanned
IT WORKS!!!!!

JUST FLASHED MY STANDARD PALIT GTX 970 WITH THE PALIT JET STREAM BIOS AND IT WORKS!!!!!!!

GIVE ME SOME TIME AND I'LL UPLOAD EVERYTHING WITH A GUIDE SHORTLY!!

Permabanned
Ta-Da!!

25p084o.png

Back
Top Bottom