*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Associate
Hi All, Hope you don't mind, but to try and help clarify this week's raids, have condensed into one thread.

Current situation:-

Hutchy - PS4 Raid Normal Friday 8:00PM
1) oHUTCHYo 29 Warlock
2) Col_Jacko 27 Titan
3) Satchey 28 Warlock
4) Xtzile 29 ?
5) Japheth105 27 Hunter
6) Videotrap 28 Titan

UberGinge - PS4 Raid Normal Friday 8:30 PM
1) UberGinge (29 Warlock)
2) McGrayUK (29 Warlock)
3) sieze2 (28 Hunter)
4) SGWills (28 Titan)
5) JWhalley (28 Hunter)
6)

ps3ud0 - PS4 Raid Normal Friday @7PM
1) ps3ud0 - polynomial007 (29 Warlock/28-29 Titan/30 Hunter)
2) Maxilive - Maxi_Live (30 Hunter)
3) Soulja - Soulja85 (29 Warlock)
4) UberGinge - UberGinge (29 Warlock)
5) Zhokel - Zhokel (30 Titan)
6) Drunzer - Drunzer (29 Titan) / CoreyMcK1994 - CoreyMcK20 (29 Titan)
Res) Reeve - Righteous_Rabbit (29 Titan)

Hutchy, I have moved myself over to Uber's run as your run was overbooked and his underbooked, i ran with him last week so makes sense for me to switch.

As it stand's 1 spot free on Uber's, but conflict between Ps3ud0 and Uber's as Uber's too popular and double booked :)

can i join the normal raid ?

Soldato

27 times and 3 pieces? And I thought I had it bad. :eek:

The 3 completed runs we've done, all 3 times I was rewarded with the Atheons Epilogue. It might be a reward but personally I consider it a backhander. Congrats you did the Raid! *smack*

I honestly wouldn't mind some sort of Token of Completion. Even if it was something like 2-5 for pieces of armour, weapon or exotic. Just award that on top of the standard rewards so you can at least work towards a reward you actually want instead of just having to rely on RNG.

Man of Honour
The 3 completed runs we've done, all 3 times I was rewarded with the Atheons Epilogue. It might be a reward but personally I consider it a backhander. Congrats you did the Raid! *smack*

I've gone the other way. I've gotten all 5 pieces of raid armour, plus duplicates of the helmet and chest piece, but I've still not gotten the Epilogue yet. That's the one reward I really want to get.

Speaking of that, do people think it's better to finish the raid on hard before doing it on normal, to have a better chance of getting the Epilogue? If you finish it on hard first, you get the hard and normal rewards at the same time, so you get 2 different rewards. If I do it on normal and then hard, it's possible to get the same reward both times. Is my logic sound here?

Associate
I've been pretty lucky too really as only have a 2 clears on normal and 1 on hard. I have full gear barring boots, which I just know now will be an absolute nightmare to drop.

I've done the raid a total of 5 times and got 0 armor drops.

Lost literally all incentive to play the game, especially now Borderlands Pre-Sequel is out :-\

Soldato
I've gone the other way. I've gotten all 5 pieces of raid armour, plus duplicates of the helmet and chest piece, but I've still not gotten the Epilogue yet. That's the one reward I really want to get.

Speaking of that, do people think it's better to finish the raid on hard before doing it on normal, to have a better chance of getting the Epilogue? If you finish it on hard first, you get the hard and normal rewards at the same time, so you get 2 different rewards. If I do it on normal and then hard, it's possible to get the same reward both times. Is my logic sound here?

I got the Epilogue in Normal Raid, I would be ticked off if I got that in Hard mode as I rather get Hard Raid specific weapon/Armour. Also, the epilogue isn't anything special (for me anyway) - till Void Burn I suppose.

Soldato
So when are we doing a raid on xbox this week guys? Had a go atheon on hard yesterday with some randomers and with 3 level 30's and 2 29's we had him killed in less than ten minutes without cheesing. Relic holder on the middle platform and using the shield while everyone shoots is definitely the way to end atheon quickly. Using the relic super on him is such a huge waste of time!

Associate
I've only attempted the normal raid twice, once we got half way before everyone quit. Then second time we completed it. I received a pair of raid gloves, a raid chest piece, a sniper rifle (praedyths revenge) and a few shards and energies.

Not bad loot i think.

Edit: oh and some raid legendary titan mark that glows like a hologram (light of the great prism) and a shader called chatterwhite or something

Last edited:
Caporegime
With exceptions to last Friday, I've only ever run the raid the "correct" way. I don't see the point in teaching people how to cheese it, especially when it's due to be fixed. Plus half of the challenge is taken away if you just make the boss walk himself off a cliff! I can't speak for hard mode, as I haven't tried it out yet, but on Normal mode it's really not overly difficult to do it correctly.

The part that definitely has everyone struggling is both the maze and the platforming though, never a dull moment there and you're guaranteed a couple of good laughs!

Was it just the templar we cheesed or was there something else? Also, probably worth just saying thanks for everyone's efforts, but especially UberGinge's in organising these raids and taking noobs like me through it :)

Caporegime
Isn't the whole game with the RNG plays on our human nature of wanting to gamble? That kind of addiction gets people to go back time after time. I suspect this is what Bungie found by chance (or they seriously gave much though on this) and will not do anything about it as people will continue to return for the chance, rather than 4/5 raids ensuring a guaranteed raid armour.

why do bungie care how many times people do the raid ?

At the end of the day, their role is to make a game that makes great sales figures. After that, its just a matter of creating great content to keep people playing. Thats where the new expansions come in.

If you have a good game, there is no need to artificially screw people over in the loot drops in an attempt to make them keep playing the same activity over and over again. What does that achieve for bungie ? it doesn't achieve anything for them.

I've done the raid on normal mode, complete beginning to end with no cheese about 3 times now. Other attempts we've done the whole thing but cheesed at least one of the bosses off.

I've done various parts of hard mode, but never managed to complete the set from beginning to end. Would be easier to do, if I could get to level 30 and just make the damn raid armor drop !

Associate
So when are we doing a raid on xbox this week guys? Had a go atheon on hard yesterday with some randomers and with 3 level 30's and 2 29's we had him killed in less than ten minutes without cheesing. Relic holder on the middle platform and using the shield while everyone shoots is definitely the way to end atheon quickly. Using the relic super on him is such a huge waste of time!

I'll be on from 7.30pm tomorrow

Last edited:
Soldato
I disagree. If the relic holder comes through quickly enough he can actually get 2 shots off before Atheon moves and still throw the shield up. It requires excellent timing and teamwork but I've seen it work exceptionally well when done right.

But your plan is in addition to the shield plan. I mean the relic holders who don't put up the shield at all and spend the entire times vengeance shooting at him and usually missing because the super has such a low velocity.

Man of Honour
But your plan is in addition to the shield plan. I mean the relic holders who don't put up the shield at all and spend the entire times vengeance shooting at him and usually missing because the super has such a low velocity.
Oh yeah, I'd agree with that. I've tried that strategy before but the moment Atheon starts moving hitting him with the relic super becomes nearly impossible. Definitely more reliable to throw the shield up at that point and unload on him.

Associate
I like the tactic of going to the middle with the shield but everyone I usually do it with it, hates that method of killing Atheon. So I have been just running to the back and shooting him with the super but as krisboats points out it will miss about 50% of the time. Much better going to the middle and blasting with heavy weapons and spamming grenades on him. Probably will be the better method once the teleports are randomised.

Back
Top Bottom