• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Caporegime
I haven't tried anything yet really, but I just did about 10 boots in a row with no problems with DVI.
With DisplayPort it almost never boots, and when it does the resolution is messed up.
Strange one and ive no idea tbh. Whilst my cards do have display port my monitor is from a bygone era when HDMI was just introduced.

Soldato
Soldato
Associate
My 1440p monitor is on displayport and it works during the boot up. As does my second display on DVI.

edit:- I lied. It's just the second monitor till the logon screen. Never noticed that before!!

Soldato
I remember with my DGM monitors, display port wouldn't allow you to view the posting screen on boot up. That was with 780's & Titans. Just went straight into Windows.

Associate
Just joined the club with an Asus Strix 970. Boosting to 1519 on the core. Haven't touched the mem or voltage yet. Every game including benchmarks are stable apart from dota 2. Any tips?

Associate
my clocks

thought i would add my two penneth worth in

on my gtx 970 msi g1 gaming and its RUBBISH 110% power limiter

i can only get a stable 1513mhz gpu boost on core
but (ONLY STABLE FOR 10-14 MINS) i managed to get +557 yes +557 on the memory

As for stable perm +490

stocking cooling
screenie here.
test4_zpsf7bef035.png

Last edited:
Back