• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
Got it!
PA040690.jpg

Caporegime
Seen one site in particular doing that, seems like when they get to within a few days it gets bumped up a few more days. May as well cancel and buy an OCUK 2080 ti PE. (profiteering edition). :p
I am seriously considering canceling and grabbing something else. I have FFXV and Shadow of the TR that have not been played and I am missing my game time, even though it is rather minimal. AC Origins I want also but running at 3440x1440, I would rather play with some decent level of detail. I could well cancel and just grab another 1080Ti and wait it out for the next gen. Getting a bit frsutrating in truth.

Caporegime
I am seriously considering canceling and grabbing something else. I have FFXV and Shadow of the TR that have not been played and I am missing my game time, even though it is rather minimal. AC Origins I want also but running at 3440x1440, I would rather play with some decent level of detail. I could well cancel and just grab another 1080Ti and wait it out for the next gen. Getting a bit frsutrating in truth.

Says a lot for availability when the nvidia site can't even offer a pre-order. I think a lot of the sites are just guessing at eta's to get people to pre-order and hoping they stay with it.

Caporegime
Says a lot for availability when the nvidia site can't even offer a pre-order. I think a lot of the sites are just guessing at eta's to get people to pre-order and hoping they stay with it.
A massive hash of a launch by NVidia. **** poor really and whilst I personally justified the cost, the delay is grinding away at me. I will decide after work tonight what I will do but heading towards the cancel button now.

Associate
You didn't order the FE?

I was surprised that my FE arrived early - it was not supposed to be shipped until 8th - I guess they managed to get stock to Sweden sooner than they expected.

Annoyingly however, I cannot fit them to the machines until the weekend as my wife is streaming currently so I can't put hers in and my machine needs rebuilding from the ground up which I simply don't have time for today and tomorrow I am 2.5 hours away in Stockholm all day.

Roll on Saturday - although I am supposed to be migrating a mail server on Saturday... I guess that can wait it is not like anyone can shout at me about it given I am the CEO :)

Associate
A massive hash of a launch by NVidia. **** poor really and whilst I personally justified the cost, the delay is grinding away at me. I will decide after work tonight what I will do but heading towards the cancel button now.
I'm in the same boat, but I'm still leaning to waiting it out. I'm not paying £200 extra for a slightly inferior card, i know i'll regret it.

Caporegime
You didn't order the FE?

I was surprised that my FE arrived early - it was not supposed to be shipped until 8th - I guess they managed to get stock to Sweden sooner than they expected.

Annoyingly however, I cannot fit them to the machines until the weekend as my wife is streaming currently so I can't put hers in and my machine needs rebuilding from the ground up which I simply don't have time for today and tomorrow I am 2.5 hours away in Stockholm all day.

Roll on Saturday - although I am supposed to be migrating a mail server on Saturday... I guess that can wait it is not like anyone can shout at me about it given I am the CEO :)
Nah, I am a bit of a MSI fan and went with the MSI Gaming X Trio but I don't have it in me to wait til the 30th October (or later). I might well cancel and keep an eye on sites to see what comes in first and so long as the price isn't heavily gouged, I will go for that.
I'm in the same boat, but I'm still leaning to waiting it out. I'm not paying £200 extra for a slightly inferior card, i know i'll regret it.
Yep, I am the same and I really don't want to pay more than I already have and then regret it later.

Caporegime
Nah, I am a bit of a MSI fan and went with the MSI Gaming X Trio but I don't have it in me to wait til the 30th October (or later). I might well cancel and keep an eye on sites to see what comes in first and so long as the price isn't heavily gouged, I will go for that.

Yep, I am the same and I really don't want to pay more than I already have and then regret it later.

That's the "must have" card as far as I'm concerned.

But I ended up with the Palit Gaming Pro OC, which runs much better than expected (I had a 980 Palit and it was average)

I didn't pay the OCUK gouge prices either.

Soldato

Still don’t see why you haven’t got that yet, other retailers had them as far as I can tell...

Caporegime
That's the "must have" card as far as I'm concerned.

But I ended up with the Palit Gaming Pro OC, which runs much better than expected (I had a 980 Palit and it was average)

I didn't pay the OCUK gouge prices either.

Personally i think the Duke looks better, the trio looks a bit weird with that small fan at one end. In some reviews the duke seems to run a bit cooler as well.

Soldato
Personally i think the Duke looks better, the trio looks a bit weird with that small fan at one end. In some reviews the duke seems to run a bit cooler as well.

Except for the giant DUKE written on it... plus Trio is non reference with 3 power connectors.

Caporegime
Except for the giant DUKE written on it... plus Trio is non reference with 3 power connectors.

Bit overkill having 3 considering the GPU on the whole seems to have caps in place so it'll only clock so much.

Plus the DUKE is named after John Wayne. :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
6W7diGm.jpg

They arrived 4-5 days early :)

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

lMde8HM.png

Date 04/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Paladine, Link
Date 04/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Safetytrousers, Link
Date 03/10/2018, Make MSI Sea Hawk, krzychowiec, Link
Date 29/09/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, mrozik, Link
Date 28/09/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, Silent_Scone, Link
Date 28/09/2018, Make Gigabyte Windforce, Quartz, Link
Date 27/09/2018, Make Gigabyte Gaming, GordyR, Link
Date 26/09/2018, Make EVGA XC Ultra, spikerules, Link
Date 25/09/2018, Make MSI Duke, Smffy, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, LegendaryDread, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 2080 Ti.

Back
Top Bottom