• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Turing RTX 2080 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
EVGA generally has gone downhill, their 2080s look so bad.

I'd disagree there. EVGA 1080 series were a bit lackluster and I think they've corrected a lot of things for the 2080 series. IMO the FTW3 has the best PCB/power delivery and cooling system of any AIB right now. And right out of the gate they are on a 373w BIOS. I think they are compensating for past mistakes and are doing a good job.

Man of Honour
OP
It's here!!!

dJRdyxb.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

lMde8HM.png

Date 04/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, inflynx, Link
Date 04/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Paladine, Link
Date 04/10/2018, Make NVidia Founders Edition, Safetytrousers, Link
Date 03/10/2018, Make MSI Sea Hawk, krzychowiec, Link
Date 29/09/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, mrozik, Link
Date 28/09/2018, Make Palit GamingPro, Silent_Scone, Link
Date 28/09/2018, Make Gigabyte Windforce, Quartz, Link
Date 27/09/2018, Make Gigabyte Gaming, GordyR, Link
Date 26/09/2018, Make EVGA XC Ultra, spikerules, Link
Date 25/09/2018, Make MSI Duke, Smffy, Link
Date 20/09/2018, Make Zotac Gaming Edition, LegendaryDread, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 2080 Ti.

Caporegime
That's the "must have" card as far as I'm concerned.

But I ended up with the Palit Gaming Pro OC, which runs much better than expected (I had a 980 Palit and it was average)
Yep and that is how I see it. I don't do any benching nowadays and really just want something to have a play with and enjoy my games. Frustrating but if I do cancel, I can see me regretting it.
I didn't pay the OCUK gouge prices either.

Soldato
I'd disagree there. EVGA 1080 series were a bit lackluster and I think they've corrected a lot of things for the 2080 series. IMO the FTW3 has the best PCB/power delivery and cooling system of any AIB right now. And right out of the gate they are on a 373w BIOS. I think they are compensating for past mistakes and are doing a good job.

Yeah the FTW3 looks mint! And a lot of YouTubers are finding decent success overclocking the XC Ultras. I don't know if I can hold out long enough for a FTW3 though, so will probably end up with my XC Ultra pre-order, but if the FTW3 comes up for order before I receive my XC Ultra I'm definitely jumping on that.

Soldato
Personally i think the Duke looks better, the trio looks a bit weird with that small fan at one end. In some reviews the duke seems to run a bit cooler as well.
Isn't that mostly because the gaming x trios default fan profile isn't very aggressive at all? I've had a play with my mates gaming x trio 2080 and it cools really well if you let it.

Caporegime
Isn't that mostly because the gaming x trios default fan profile isn't very aggressive at all? I've had a play with my mates gaming x trio 2080 and it cools really well if you let it.

Not really sure, one review i seen mentioned the trio had the better heatsink but comparing it to another review it still ran hotter by a few c. Could also be down to the 1 smaller fan making a bit of a difference. In terms of noise both were very quiet.

Soldato
Not really sure, one review i seen mentioned the trio had the better heatsink but comparing it to another review it still ran hotter by a few c. Could also be down to the 1 smaller fan making a bit of a difference. In terms of noise both were very quiet.

I find those tests in the reviews are always a bit iffy, especially when comparing at "stock" clocks of each card. The X trio will likely be clocking higher on stock so will have a bit more to cool than the DUKE on stock which is likely clocking less out of the box.

I was thoroughly really impressed with the trio x, 1950MHz out of the box on the 2080 and when I set a more aggressive fan profile it clocked over 2000MHz without an overclock - that was just GPU boost.

Soldato
The FTW3 Ultra does look interesting.

jTcETrz.png

Think they took galax's clown card and said. You know what we can make something as ugly and horrific as that thing.

EVGA have gone way down in the looks department to the point where i wouldnt want that abomination in my rig. Everything is just wrong, the screws stick out, the clear shroud, severe OCD based backplate where every slot is different and the evga stamped fans. Even their link bridge is horrid.

Only part i do like is the pcie cover and brushed steel logos :p

Soldato
i have never got why people care about looks.
honestly someone could make the most hideous looking card you can possibly imagine.

but so long as it 1) fits in my case 2) is fairly quiet 3) performs like an absolute beast and 4) costs a fair price

personally i will buy it with pride!.

(note arguably at least 2 of the above are not true of any of the 20XX cards at the moment ;) )

Back
Top Bottom