Warning for all motherboard owners

Soldato
No this was bought brand new with full warranty at full price etc, developed a fault and then i discovered the pain of trying to get the warranty honored :/

Thanks for clarifying, I thought it was B grade as someone mentioned B grade earlier.

I just dont understand why OCUK are taking the stance they are.

How did you pay for it?

Soldato
I have always ignored those on ocuk, the price is almost same as brand new.

Thats because when they get an item they cant sell as new they stick it in the b grade section and often dont change the price it just goes in there at the original sale price. So what you have to do is post in the CS section saying I notice x item is same price or higher than new can you give me a price for it. Within 24hrs they will reduce it for you. eg I was thinking of getting the b grade Z390 M Gaming it was £128, same price as new. I posted in CS and they reduced it to £109 for me. So if you fancy something in b grade ALWAYS ask in CS if they have a better price. The b grade section is always neglected. Not to say there arent some good stuff in there but its not OCUK no.1 sales priority if you know what I mean. In end I bought it local just so I could pick it up.

Soldato
I would want more than £20 off £128 tho, something thats not brand new unless they prepared to give me a 2-3 year warranty I would pay 2/3 retail price at the most.

Soldato
I would want more than £20 off £128 tho, something thats not brand new unless they prepared to give me a 2-3 year warranty I would pay 2/3 retail price at the most.
some of it is brand new though its either got no proper box or the box is slightly tatty. Also in most cases the manufacturers warranty still exists. eg I bought an EVGA 580 for £150 when they were over £350 and it came with no box, just in a bag with the seal intact. It was brand new. I registered it on EVGA website and got the full 3 years warranty.

Soldato
some of it is brand new though its either got no proper box or the box is slightly tatty. Also in most cases the manufacturers warranty still exists. eg I bought an EVGA 580 for £150 when they were over £350 and it came with no box, just in a bag with the seal intact. It was brand new. I registered it on EVGA website and got the full 3 years warranty.

No idea what has been done, why its B grade, e.g. has a user returned it due to errors on DRAM tracing or something but OCUK decided as it posts it can be sold or something? Thats the kind of risk you take it when buying something like that.

Associate
There’s no way I will replace my current Asus motherboard with another Asus, not just because of this thread, but also because of multiple customer service horror stories. Consensus seems to be that if your motherboard is a good one, then fine, but that the warranty is essentially non-existent if anything does go wrong.

Soldato
Trading Standards have been informed about the practice by retailers and board vendors to sell motherboards with unsealed boxes and packaging, presumably so the customer cannot differentiate between a previous return been sold as new and an actual new product.

Back
Top Bottom