The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
I'm sure it would make me feel better about myself, its just finding the motivation to change my lifestyle I guess. I stopped drinking and smoking quite successfully in the past, I should probably do that again. Dieting I find somewhat more difficult because I comfort eat, and I enjoy food. :p

I think I once topped at out 22 stone, I have a deep and lasting love for unhealthy food. Going to the gym is the only thing that stops me from returning to being the size of a house. I gym so I can eat!

Caporegime
I think I once topped at out 22 stone, I have a deep and lasting love for unhealthy food. Going to the gym is the only thing that stops me from returning to being the size of a house. I gym so I can eat!

I'm 17 stone and bang on 6ft. Fortunately I have quite a broad stocky build (The bones in my wrists are wider than some of my mates whole arms :p) so I carry it 'OK' compared to some, but I still look pretty fat!

I got down to 15 stone once and felt much better. 13.5~ stone would be wonderful. I've always been fairly chonky though ever since I was a kid.

Caporegime
I've said it a few times in this thread but I met my gf on meetup.com.

Its not an online dating app, but I kind of attracts single people.
But difference is you go to activities you like.
So if I go to 'kayaking on the river' I'll meet people who also like kayaking.
Youve already filtered down people massively by this point.

You'll make friends and potentially more, but it's great.

I had zero friends when my old relationship ended, every one of my friends (and gf) stem from that website.

I also found the free dating websites a waste of time and artificial

Soldato
I've said it a few times in this thread but I met my gf on meetup.com.

Its not an online dating app, but I kind of attracts single people.
But difference is you go to activities you like.
So if I go to 'kayaking on the river' I'll meet people who also like kayaking.
Youve already filtered down people massively by this point.

You'll make friends and potentially more, but it's great.

I had zero friends when my old relationship ended, every one of my friends (and gf) stem from that website.

I also found the free dating websites a waste of time and artificial

I've never tried them but I 100% agree with this.

Give easy, free access to a platform and it will attract the wrong sort of people. Place it behind a pay wall, especially if you have to pay a few months in advance. You remove most if not all the time wasters.

You always get the few, "I met my partner on Tinder, POF, blah, blah, blah" I knew a few too but you can't get no better than physically getting out there and meeting people old skool.

If you really need to depend on Internet dating then paid for sites all the way. You struggle to find overweight or unemployed, single mothers on there. Lol

Soldato
I've never tried them but I 100% agree with this.

Give easy, free access to a platform and it will attract the wrong sort of people. Place it behind a pay wall, especially if you have to pay a few months in advance. You remove most if not all the time wasters.

You always get the few, "I met my partner on Tinder, POF, blah, blah, blah" I knew a few too but you can't get no better than physically getting out there and meeting people old skool.

If you really need to depend on Internet dating then paid for sites all the way. You struggle to find overweight or unemployed, single mothers on there. Lol
Whilst I 100% agree with this, the paid ones aren't great either. I used eHarmony, and I found my gf on there. However, there were so many people on there who didn't have active accounts. I can tell this because I stopped being a paid member for a while, and you still get e-mails saying "so and so has messaged you". This works the other way around too, you end up messaging or attempting to contact people who aren't paid up active members. It was really annoying.

Associate
I met my now wife on POF...so I think the generalisation is a bit too far, though I will totally agree being free it does mean you need to be persistent and weed out the timewasters.

Caporegime
I'm 17 stone and bang on 6ft. Fortunately I have quite a broad stocky build (The bones in my wrists are wider than some of my mates whole arms :p) so I carry it 'OK' compared to some, but I still look pretty fat!

I got down to 15 stone once and felt much better. 13.5~ stone would be wonderful. I've always been fairly chonky though ever since I was a kid.

So I shaved my manly beard off and revealed a tremendous double chin and generally fat face... I retract my prior statement and have put myself on an emergency diet... :p

Hopefully that will make me feel better about myself and the rest will follow.

Soldato
So I shaved my manly beard off and revealed a tremendous double chin and generally fat face... I retract my prior statement and have put myself on an emergency diet... :p

Hopefully that will make me feel better about myself and the rest will follow.

Get yourself in the "I am fat thread" (I'm also in there so that isn't a dig), there's lots of good weight loss discussion and tips

Soldato
How old are you? The crazy cat lady stereotype does start to ring true after a certain age. :p

35 but I’ve noticed this since my late 20’s. I think more and more single women are having multiple pets at an younger age now. If they don’t have kids, they get more to fill in the gap.

I'd rather 10 cats than one kid !

2 young kids, one dog. That was the last one, house was noisy till 11pm! I don’t know how she functions sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom