• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
@howkey I've just found out that the current version of Trixx DOES NOT work on the 5700's. It's still in beta and this is what they gave to reviewers. Doesn't seem to be any date when it's going to be released.

Just installed my Pulse 5700XT and with everything at stock in wattman it's about 15-20% faster than my Vega 64 which is where I expected it to be. TBH I'm happy with that and I might leave the tinkering until at least next week. What I have got is a very quiet card when under load with the following peak measurements;
GPU - 2001 Mhz
Memory - 875 Mhz
Temp - 67c
Fan - 1625
Junction - 88c
Power - 199w

I've been saving profiles using Manual Undervolt in Wattman for my reference XT. One of them is set to;
GPU: 1888MHz
Mem: 875MHz
Temp: 76c
Junction Temp: 87c
Power: 166w
Vcore: 1009mv

in gaming.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone else got the same issue of games randomly locking up hard black screen monitor loses signal completely and pc locks up. Can be instantly when the game loads sometimes, or shortly after. usually if i dont get a black screen lock up within the first few minutes means the gpu wont do it. so its obviously not a issue with heat, so i assume a driver related issue?

Did it after waiting in the que for wow classic for a very long time yesterday and as soon as it loaded and about to get in game it locked up

Associate
Well it did annoy me when it was doing it, but assumed it would get fixed eventually so just left it. Especially when restarting my pc takes all of <10seconds anyway. But with waiting in a que on wow classic for 2 hours for the game to just crash... and then have to re-que i am now forced to see if theirs some sort of fix!

Associate
Well it did annoy me when it was doing it, but assumed it would get fixed eventually so just left it. Especially when restarting my pc takes all of <10seconds anyway. But with waiting in a que on wow classic for 2 hours for the game to just crash... and then have to re-que i am now forced to see if theirs some sort of fix!

Are you at stock clocks? Zero issues on my reference XT except i have have to undervolt cos i don't like seeing any 90c. Latest driver and previous one.

Associate
Are you at stock clocks? Zero issues on my reference XT except i have have to undervolt cos i don't like seeing any 90c. Latest driver and previous one.

Yep stock clocks, i dare not OC a graphics card that already runs at 90+ when standard lol

i was planning on water cooling it, but with the possibility a new faster navi coming i am going to leave it and buy the next navi card. unless i can get a cheap block, £390 for the AE card, plus £130 for the block makes it a very expensive mid range card.

Associate
Switched over to a pulse and its a great little gpu. No really its tiny :eek:

Agree it’s a very small card. After much hassle finally got the PC game pass reward from AMD and installed Metro Exodus which took hours unfortunately. Played it at 1440p and at high settings and played through first level and my FPS counter rarely dropped below 100. Next time I play I’ll have Wattman running so I’ll check the temps etc. TBH I don’t use the AMD overlay as it’s very buggy.

Agree it’s a very small card. After much hassle finally got the PC game pass reward from AMD and installed Metro Exodus which took hours unfortunately. Played it at 1440p and at high settings and played through first level and my FPS counter rarely dropped below 100. Next time I play I’ll have Wattman running so I’ll check the temps etc. TBH I don’t use the AMD overlay as it’s very buggy.
AMD Overlay seems terrible. No way that I could find to increase the UI size. Playing on a 4K tv makes it impossible to see. Fortunately, most games with UIs do have up scaling options, so gameplay isn't affected.

Permabanned
I've been having issues with my 5700, I'm getting constant hitching which is twice as bad if I try to record any gameplay, I'm also getting random BSOD's but I think they might be a driver issue.

I only got the card yesterday, I did a DDU & new driver install for it but it's borked in some way, I've tried a few titles like Dirt Rally 1 & 2, Metro Exodus & Rage 2, I thought it might be related to having turned Radeon sharpening on but turning it off didn't make any difference so I'm back on my RX480 for now. I didn't bother trying any under or over clocking & volting etc, As far as I'm concerned if it's not okay on it's box settings it's a dud. :(

Soldato
I've been having issues with my 5700, I'm getting constant hitching which is twice as bad if I try to record any gameplay, I'm also getting random BSOD's but I think they might be a driver issue.

I only got the card yesterday, I did a DDU & new driver install for it but it's borked in some way, I've tried a few titles like Dirt Rally 1 & 2, Metro Exodus & Rage 2, I thought it might be related to having turned Radeon sharpening on but turning it off didn't make any difference so I'm back on my RX480 for now. I didn't bother trying any under or over clocking & volting etc, As far as I'm concerned if it's not okay on it's box settings it's a dud. :(

Which drivers you use? Do any of those games have pre-baked shader cache file that needs to be deleted first?

Man of Honour
OP
It arrived... Thanks OCUK for the great service as always :D

SwouRAt.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

Hk6Mrap.jpg

Date 30/08/2019, Make PowerColor Red Devil, LeMson, Link
Date 30/08/2019, Make PowerColor Red Devil, Satchfanuk, Link
Date 24/08/2019, Make Sapphire Pulse, lordhawkwind, Link
Date 19/08/2019, Make PowerColor Red Devil, Troezar, Link
Date 18/08/2019, Make Sapphire Pulse, howkey, Link
Date 17/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, Raelgun, Link
Date 17/08/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Voodoo_what, Link
Date 14/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, DrSteve, Link
Date 10/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, Potatowithearsontheside, Link
Date 08/08/2019, Make AMD Reference, R3v4n, Link
Date 08/08/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Besty, Link
Date 07/08/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, willb1967, Link
Date 31/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, ernorator, Link
Date 31/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, Kevin Matthews, Link
Date 30/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, FiremanSam, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, xxalxx, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, brightside229, Link
Date 25/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, Panos, Link
Date 20/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, InvaderGIR, Link
Date 20/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, Aod, Link
Date 19/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, BOFH, Link
Date 18/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, gavinh87, Link
Date 17/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, LtMatt, Link
Date 14/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, bake73, Link
Date 12/07/2019, Make AMD 50th AE, jrodga2k5, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, LtMatt, Link
Date 11/07/2019, Make AMD Reference, docsonic, Link

To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your Radeon RX 5700 XT.

Back
Top Bottom