What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The Guilty 9/10

I kept flicking by this when browsing through Netflix, but, last night I stopped and let it play the trailer/clip. I was hooked straight away and had to watch the whole movie.

Normally I don't like films with subtitles, but, this was really good. Tense and gripping. And it leaves you with a lot to think about after it ends.

A Danish film and it's a must watch.

Associate
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies , 5/10.
Read the original in the 70's , quite a good idea to use the same storyline and add the Zombies , it nearly works and the Bennet sisters had some impressive cleavages.

Soldato
IT Chapter Two

Far too long and bloated, didn't really feel like a horror and definitely didn't have the tone of the first film. Probably would feel more entertaining if I didn't have to sit in a cinema chair for 2 hours and 40 minutes plus ads and trailers.

Soldato
Detective Pikachu - 9/10. Very funny, looked great and even though I know nothing about Pokemon it didn't matter. "Only" 90 mins too so it actually felt slightly short, but it probably didn't need to be padded out either.

Fully agree with this. We watched last night and, maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, enjoyed it more than John Wick 3.

Associate
Ad Astra 5/10. Part art-house chin-stroker, part stupid and laughable space physics guff. Replace Brad Pitt with Austin Powers, minus the laughs, and you'd be pretty close. Looked great on IMAX and all 5 points solely for Brad. Should be every astrophysicist's Xmas movie for years to come.

Seriously, a rage-filled monkey killed everyone on the mayday ship? The rings of Uranus can be traversed in 2 minutes using a metal cowling?

Soldato
Ad Astra 5/10. Part art-house chin-stroker, part stupid and laughable space physics guff. Replace Brad Pitt with Austin Powers, minus the laughs, and you'd be pretty close. Looked great on IMAX and all 5 points solely for Brad. Should be every astrophysicist's Xmas movie for years to come.

Seriously, a rage-filled monkey killed everyone on the mayday ship? The rings of Uranus can be traversed in 2 minutes using a metal cowling?

I was interested in seeing this. Is it really that bad? Or just not your sort of film?

Soldato

I’m surprised you rated it that highly! Saw Ad Astra last night and a generous 3/10. Awful plot, science and acting. It barely makes any sense at all.

Caporegime
Gods of Egypt...wtf. Felt like the director and script writers had watched too many Marvel movies and went out of their to try and emulate the shoehorned in jokes, mostly failing miserably.

Man of Honour
Tombstone - love me most modern westerns, so about time I got round to this, especially as it’s got Kurt Russell in it.

The most notable thing about this move is... Val Kilmer!!...?! He is undisputedly awesome in this film. I mean, where did that come from. Great character, completely steals the show.

Film itself was excellent for 2/3rds then went a bit Rambo towards the end. Picked up with a surprisingly emotional penultimate scene. Deffo worth a watch.

7.5/10

Soldato
Avengement (Netflix) 7/10

I was expecting **** tbh so maybe I've scored it higher than some here would but it's a British hard man prison movie. Little cliche in places but the filming, acting and general presentation of the movie is well done. Fight scenes are a lot more realistic than John Wick, a couple of bits to make your eyes water too. The storyline is a little predictable in places but still worth a watch.

This is a movie, not a film, action over story.

Back
Top Bottom