• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

OcUK Staff
It's true. But hopefully in 2020, with Intel throwing their hat (and weight) into the ring too that £400 will become £300.
They will be entering a new market and will want to come out swinging. With the size of their war chest I wouldn't even be suprised if they ran their first year / cards as a loss leader just to get a solid foothold in the market.

Your talking about Intel who I said would not drop prices on Coffee Lake when Ryzen was launched, to which everyone said oh yes they will, well over three months on an no price drop, Intel are not charitable and will sell their product for what they deem they can get for it.

Intel's response to AMD is a 9900KS, a speed binned 9900K is shorter supply than a 3900X for more money, LOL.

I'd love to see Intel shake up the market, but in my years experience I somewhat doubt they will and then simple fact is can they make a product for the high-end to even compete with AMD/NVIDIA, time will tell.

Soldato
Your talking about Intel who I said would not drop prices on Coffee Lake when Ryzen was launched, to which everyone said oh yes they will, well over three months on an no price drop, Intel are not charitable and will sell their product for what they deem they can get for it.

Intel's response to AMD is a 9900KS, a speed binned 9900K is shorter supply than a 3900X for more money, LOL.

I'd love to see Intel shake up the market, but in my years experience I somewhat doubt they will and then simple fact is can they make a product for the high-end to even compete with AMD/NVIDIA, time will tell.
Well lets hope for both you and I that Intel do bring prices down and cosumerism up.

As for Intels "short supply". Well short supply is impressive if you made 10 million of something.
Rather less impressive, (or at all meaningful) if you have so many fab issues that you can only make half a dozen...

Soldato

LOL :D

I never thought that Intel would lower the prices of the mainstream if it hadn't done so immediately on July 7th. But Intel if wanted to compete with 3900X/3950X could have lowered the price at least of the 10 - 12 - 14 core HEDT, which it is within the capability.
But no, announcing Cascade Lake-X as the new cheap Messiah coming with 50% discount over Skylake-X while the CPUs are still more expensive than the 3900X and 3950X.

OcUK Staff
Well lets hope for both you and I that Intel do bring prices down and cosumerism up.

As for Intels "short supply". Well short supply is impressive if you made 10 million of something.
Rather less impressive, (or at all meaningful) if you have so many fab issues that you can only make half a dozen...

9900KS is in so short supply most of the distribution has no idea what it is, I had to inform them and the volumes will be minimal and the pricing high. I am talking KS here not the K, KS is speed binned by Intel!

Last edited:
Associate
And as we've seen with the 5700 series, AMD have just played the market that Nvidia created and just charged a bit less for equivalent kit, and Nvidia's performance counter was to increase prices even more. Don't get me wrong, £100 cheaper for a 5700 XT over a 2070S is nothing to be sniffed at, but the 5700 XT shouldn't be almost £400 because the 2070S shouldn't be almost £500.

oh yeah, i completely agree.. GPU's are well over priced.

Soldato
9900KS is in so short supply most of the distribution has no idea what it is, I had to inform them and the volumes will be minimal and the pricing high. I am talking KS here not the K, KS is speed binned by Intel!
Intel is redefining paper release when distributors don't even know about the product existing...

Have to wonder what kind their coming 10 core Skylake rev5 release will be. Mass availability for new year 2021?

Soldato
Intel is redefining paper release when distributors don't even know about the product existing...

Have to wonder what kind their coming 10 core Skylake rev5 release will be. Mass availability for new year 2021?

Given how expensive they are, and the MSRP price Intel offers is for 1000 cpus, I doubt there will be found in MSRP on stores, not many stores will invest $1,000,000 to stockpile 1000 10980XE or $600,000 to stockpile 1000 10920XE when is more expensive than the 3900X.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
While on the other news, Nvidia demands from monitor manufacturers to strip references of AMD Freesync if they want to sell monitors with Nvidia Gsync compatible logos.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/dgvbpl/adoredtv_nvidia_kills_freesync_intel_meets/

I hope @Gibbo OCUK does not end up like Amazon and other retailers because you going to have a revolt in this forum.

@LtMatt did AMD dropped the marketing ball here?

It's all about money, amd Freesync is an in house naming for Adaptive-Sync so if amd doesn't give manufacturers money to change the name on the websites they should be called Adaptive-Sync compatible. My issue here is when they remove the name completely! And make it out like its only a Gsync monitor all this does is confuse the customer. Freesync 2 is now AMDs new branding for freesync monitor manufacturers must now meet certified specs.

Soldato
It's all about money, amd Freesync is an in house naming for Adaptive-Sync so if amd doesn't give manufacturers money to change the name on the websites they should be called Adaptive-Sync compatible. My issue here is when they remove the name completely! And make it out like its only a Gsync monitor all this does is confuse the customer. Freesync 2 is now AMDs new branding for freesync monitor manufacturers must now meet certified specs.

All those "Gsync compatible" monitors are Freesync2 monitors. ALL OF THEM.
And thats the issue. Nvidia demands Freesync to be removed from references to brand them as Gsync.

Soldato
And thats the issue. Nvidia demands Freesync to be removed from references to brand them as Gsync.

Are you sure? Because to be Freesync 2 you must also be HDR ready and support LFC

Nope Freesync 1
UK - Acer XF240Hbmjdpr 24 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor, Black (TN Panel, FreeSync, 144 Hz, 1ms, DP, HDMI, DVI, Height Adjustable Stand)

USA - Acer XFA240 bmjdpr 24" Gaming G-SYNC Compatible Monitor 1920 x 1080, 144hz Refresh Rate, 1ms Response Time with Height, Pivot, Swivel & Tilt

Last edited:
Soldato

Mine is G-Sync Compatible according to my Nvidia drivers and it's not Freesync2. It is a horrible move of Nvidia to try and get anyone elses branding removed though.

Soldato
Mine is G-Sync Compatible according to my Nvidia drivers and it's not Freesync2. It is a horrible move of Nvidia to try and get anyone elses branding removed though.

Two messages above said was my fault. Indeed only FS1 are Gsync compatible. And yes, Nvidia to it's typical anti-consumer tactics.

But has it's social media jihadists (including this forum) so any complains are facing cries from the fanatics. Look at what happened when we found that on BF5 DICE has culled reflections and graphics when RTX isn't enabled. The same graphics (eg reflections) existed on previous games using Frostbite and we can manually unlock them by just using a small hack. All Nvidia fanatics came out demanding to bury this (and other examples of RT games) under the carpet and we are sour because we cannot afford the RTX2080Ti.

See the NV Experience, the biggest spyware you can put on your system after Windows 10.

That's how bad the situation is, when a corporation is transformed to religion. Everything goes.

Soldato
Two messages above said was my fault. Indeed only FS1 are Gsync compatible. And yes, Nvidia to it's typical anti-consumer tactics.

But has it's social media jihadists (including this forum) so any complains are facing cries from the fanatics. Look at what happened when we found that on BF5 DICE has culled reflections and graphics when RTX isn't enabled. The same graphics (eg reflections) existed on previous games using Frostbite and we can manually unlock them by just using a small hack. All Nvidia fanatics came out demanding to bury this (and other examples of RT games) under the carpet and we are sour because we cannot afford the RTX2080Ti.

See the NV Experience, the biggest spyware you can put on your system after Windows 10.

That's how bad the situation is, when a corporation is transformed to religion. Everything goes.

No worries man, was just pointing it out and missed your post. Not trying to sound like an ass or anything.

I personally never install the GeForce Experience and disable the telemetry thing every time I update drivers. Companies are getting too forward in pushing all that crap.

Back
Top Bottom