1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by subbytna, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Gibbo

Commissario

Your talking about Intel who I said would not drop prices on Coffee Lake when Ryzen was launched, to which everyone said oh yes they will, well over three months on an no price drop, Intel are not charitable and will sell their product for what they deem they can get for it.

Intel's response to AMD is a 9900KS, a speed binned 9900K is shorter supply than a 3900X for more money, LOL.

I'd love to see Intel shake up the market, but in my years experience I somewhat doubt they will and then simple fact is can they make a product for the high-end to even compete with AMD/NVIDIA, time will tell.

2. beany_bot

Mobster

Well lets hope for both you and I that Intel do bring prices down and cosumerism up.

As for Intels "short supply". Well short supply is impressive if you made 10 million of something.
    Rather less impressive, (or at all meaningful) if you have so many fab issues that you can only make half a dozen...

3. Panos

Capodecina

LOL :D

I never thought that Intel would lower the prices of the mainstream if it hadn't done so immediately on July 7th. But Intel if wanted to compete with 3900X/3950X could have lowered the price at least of the 10 - 12 - 14 core HEDT, which it is within the capability.
    But no, announcing Cascade Lake-X as the new cheap Messiah coming with 50% discount over Skylake-X while the CPUs are still more expensive than the 3900X and 3950X.

4. Gibbo

Commissario

9900KS is in so short supply most of the distribution has no idea what it is, I had to inform them and the volumes will be minimal and the pricing high. I am talking KS here not the K, KS is speed binned by Intel!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  5. Chrisc

Hitman

oh yeah, i completely agree.. GPU's are well over priced.

6. EsaT

Soldato

Intel is redefining paper release when distributors don't even know about the product existing...

Have to wonder what kind their coming 10 core Skylake rev5 release will be. Mass availability for new year 2021?

7. Panos

Capodecina

Given how expensive they are, and the MSRP price Intel offers is for 1000 cpus, I doubt there will be found in MSRP on stores, not many stores will invest $1,000,000 to stockpile 1000 10980XE or $600,000 to stockpile 1000 10920XE when is more expensive than the 3900X.

8. 4K8KW10

Soldato

9. Panos

Capodecina

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  10. shankly1985

Capodecina

It's all about money, amd Freesync is an in house naming for Adaptive-Sync so if amd doesn't give manufacturers money to change the name on the websites they should be called Adaptive-Sync compatible. My issue here is when they remove the name completely! And make it out like its only a Gsync monitor all this does is confuse the customer. Freesync 2 is now AMDs new branding for freesync monitor manufacturers must now meet certified specs.

11. Panos

Capodecina

All those "Gsync compatible" monitors are Freesync2 monitors. ALL OF THEM.
    And thats the issue. Nvidia demands Freesync to be removed from references to brand them as Gsync.

12. dragonslayer

Hitman

intvida at it again i see I wonder where AMD stands from a legal point surely Nvidia can't make people remove AMDs logo from products?

13. shankly1985

Capodecina

Are you sure? Because to be Freesync 2 you must also be HDR ready and support LFC

Nope Freesync 1
    UK - Acer XF240Hbmjdpr 24 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor, Black (TN Panel, FreeSync, 144 Hz, 1ms, DP, HDMI, DVI, Height Adjustable Stand)

USA - Acer XFA240 bmjdpr 24" Gaming G-SYNC Compatible Monitor 1920 x 1080, 144hz Refresh Rate, 1ms Response Time with Height, Pivot, Swivel & Tilt

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  14. Panos

Capodecina

Yes. All those Gsync compatible monitors are FS2.

15. shankly1985

Capodecina

16. Panos

Capodecina

17. shankly1985

Capodecina

Actually looking through theses I dont think any of them are Freesync 2 ready. Also looking more into this it seems the manufactures sites still list Freesync and also Rainforest seems to be depending on UK or USA

18. Sargatanas2511

Mobster

Mine is G-Sync Compatible according to my Nvidia drivers and it's not Freesync2. It is a horrible move of Nvidia to try and get anyone elses branding removed though.

19. Panos

Capodecina

Two messages above said was my fault. Indeed only FS1 are Gsync compatible. And yes, Nvidia to it's typical anti-consumer tactics.

But has it's social media jihadists (including this forum) so any complains are facing cries from the fanatics. Look at what happened when we found that on BF5 DICE has culled reflections and graphics when RTX isn't enabled. The same graphics (eg reflections) existed on previous games using Frostbite and we can manually unlock them by just using a small hack. All Nvidia fanatics came out demanding to bury this (and other examples of RT games) under the carpet and we are sour because we cannot afford the RTX2080Ti.

See the NV Experience, the biggest spyware you can put on your system after Windows 10.

That's how bad the situation is, when a corporation is transformed to religion. Everything goes.

20. Sargatanas2511

Mobster

No worries man, was just pointing it out and missed your post. Not trying to sound like an ass or anything.

I personally never install the GeForce Experience and disable the telemetry thing every time I update drivers. Companies are getting too forward in pushing all that crap.