• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
No worries man, was just pointing it out and missed your post. Not trying to sound like an ass or anything.

I personally never install the GeForce Experience and disable the telemetry thing every time I update drivers. Companies are getting too forward in pushing all that crap.

No worries :) I never thought you wanted to be sounded like as or anything relax :)

Soldato

Pay close attention starting at 26:01
Navi23 is a "Geforce Killer"
I was more interested in the Sony/MS ray tracing speculation at the end of his video. Even though Microsoft have written the DXR libraries for Windows Sony have always delivered solid developer support and have great low level software libraries with every PlayStation generation.

Soldato
I was more interested in the Sony/MS ray tracing speculation at the end of his video. Even though Microsoft have written the DXR libraries for Windows Sony have always delivered solid developer support and have great low level software libraries with every PlayStation generation.
That doesn't do anything for PC gamers though. As that would most certainly be proprietary to Sony.
Which is why I didn't find it all that thrilling.
Will Sony do better then MS in Ray Tracing between consoles? I'm willing to say yes, they will. But I don't see how that relates to Xbox nor PC users.

We have to reminded that Ray Tracing isn't tied down to
-RTX
-DXR
-Microsoft
-Sony

It's an api that can be used in opengl, directx, vulkan, mantle, etc. Right now Sony may look at how MS did it in DXR but it's very possible they will come up with their own method to deliver Ray Tracing so it's best to take that news (as with all unannouced products, services) with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Until i get full RT at 60fps minimum without it being a trick, i don't care about it and seemingly neither does most of the market.

When is the next tranche of Navi coming out anyway...

Soldato
Until i get full RT at 60fps minimum without it being a trick, i don't care about it and seemingly neither does most of the market.

When is the next tranche of Navi coming out anyway...
But that's the rub. Sony is looking to do upscaled 4k Ray Tracing at 60FPS. And although that's rumor I believe they will be able to do it while the rest of us PC gamers will need to pay 4x the cost of the PS5 to do the same thing.

Soldato

Sony will have it's own API.
MS will use DX12/DXR on the next console, similarly to using DX12 on current consoles and expect all ports sold at MS Store will come with AMD optimizations. Like Forza 4 etc.

As for ray tracing imho until AMD does it, we won't see proper implementation. All know the NV issues, however Intel Embree isn't better either.
WOT Ray Tracing using it, is pathetic with HUGE performance hit.
On Ultra 2560x1440 without RT I get around 105-150 fps with the 3900X + 5700XT AE. (on actual game 103-143 as I have it culled for Freesync)
With RT on 1st option (high) which adds ray traced shadows on tanks only (not tank shadow) FPS drops to 61-66 and cannot see why.
With RT on 3rd option (max) which adds a blurry shadow cast by the tanks (which looks crap compared to the proper non RT shadow) FPS drops to 51-53 and again cannot make a distinction when 2 objects moving at 30km each from 10m distance. Let alone 200-300m

Funny bit, 3900X is faster than 8700K & 9900K when Intel Embree is been used :D
https://www.pcgamesn.com/archeage-unchained-launch

Permabanned
RX-Navi.png

AMD ‘Big’ Navi GPU Passes RRA Certification – Powerful New High-End Radeon Flagship?

https://wccftech.com/new-amd-gpu-spotted-rra-big-navi/

"After what seems like ages, there seems to be news on the high-end AMD GPU front. An AMD device codenamed "ATI-102-D18802" recently passed RRA certification and while this might seem like just a random string of digits, I used to trawl the now-dead Zauba all day long for relevant shipping entries which followed the same naming convention - and was quickly able to decipher it. The GPU in question is a much powerful variant of the Navi GPU (judging from the nomenclature) and here is the full story. That said, considering this is based on just a certification and it could end up being scrapped/revised again for all we know, please do keep a pinch of salt handy.

In fact, if we are being specific about it than the exact code names were:
  • Hawaii XT had the C67101 code name.
  • Tonga had the C76501 code name.
  • Fiji XT had the C88001 code name.
  • Polaris 11 had the C91103 code name.
  • Vega 64 had the D12201 code name.
  • 'Small' Navi had the D18205 code name."

Permabanned
Dev Preview of New DirectX 12 Features
DirectX Raytracing Tier 1.1
"Back in October 2018, we released Windows 10 OS and SDK to support DirectX Raytracing (aka. DXR tier 1.0). Within one year of its official release, game developers used DXR to bring cinematic level of photorealism in real time to a long list of games.

At the same time, we continue to work with both GPU vendors and game developers to better expose hardware capabilities and to better address adoption pain points. As a result, we will introduce DXR tier 1.1 with the following new additions on top of tier 1.0.

• Support for adding extra shaders to an existing Raytracing PSO, which greatly increases efficiency of dynamic PSO additions.
  • Support ExecuteIndirect for Raytracing, which enables adaptive algorithms where the number of rays is decided on the GPU execution timeline.
  • Introduce Inline Raytracing, which provides more direct control of the ray traversal algorithm and shader scheduling, a less complex alternative when the full shader-based raytracing system is overkill, and more flexibility since RayQuery can be called from every shader stage. It also opens new DXR use cases, especially in compute: culling, physics, occlusion queries, and so on.
DXR tier 1.1 is a superset of tier 1.0. Game developers should start building their raytracing solution based on the existing tier 1.0 APIs, then move up to tier 1.1 once they can better evaluate the benefit of tier 1.1. to their games."

DirectX Mesh Shader
DirectX Sampler Feedback
Texture Streaming
Texture-Space Shading
Other Features

"DRED support for PIX markers
  • New APIs for interacting with the D3D9on12 mapping layer
  • R11G11B10_FLOAT format supported for shared resources
  • New resource allocation flags that allow creating D3D12 resources without also making them resident in GPU memory, or without zero initializing them, which can improve the performance of resource creation
  • D3DConfig: A new tool to manage DirectX Control Panel settings"
PIX Support
PIX support for these new DirectX 12 features is coming in the next few months. We will provide more details when deep diving into each feature in coming weeks.

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/dev-preview-of-new-directx-12-features/?sf222395810=1

Everything with Windows 10 2003 Update. And with probable RDNA 2 support.

OcUK Staff

On there way:

Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+ Special Edition 8GB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £458.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Sapp...DDR6-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-GX-392-SP.html

11293-05-40G, Core Clock: 1845MHz, Boost Clock: 2035MHz, Memory: 8192MB 14400MHz GDDR6, Stream Processors: 2560, DirectX 12 Support, Vulkan Support, RDNA, Freesync 2 HDR support, 3yr Warranty.

Only £458.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Back
Top Bottom