• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD ThreadRipper ***

Man of Honour
Got the cable, now it’s giving me memory code C5. The RAM works fine on my intel board. It’s what’s in my sig. Clearinf CMOS has not helped. Any idea?
Well, a long awaited bump to this problem. I RMA'd the board and bought a replacement. The retailer couldn't fix the issue so it was sent back to ASUS and I believe it's had a new socket fitted. So once I sell some other stuff that'll get listed for sale.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eight times the cost.
Given that Intel doesn't sell anything else than a 9900K what you expect?

The 10980XE is nowhere to be found across the planet since initial release in November and nowhere to even pre-order.
The rest of the 10000 lineup are on pre-orders and months on waiting list, not because they sell, but because Intel doesn't make them.

Soldato
This is by FAR the most powerful CPU on earth, if it was an Intel CPU it would cost twice as much and you know it, i think AMD deserve to stuff their coffers for once.

For reference, this is (according to Linus, which is where I got the image from) the closest competition the 3990X has:

intelvamd.jpg

Hardly inspiring, while there are higher chip/thread count Intel chips the cost will be through the roof.

OcUK Staff
Given that Intel doesn't sell anything else than a 9900K what you expect?

The 10980XE is nowhere to be found across the planet since initial release in November and nowhere to even pre-order.
The rest of the 10000 lineup are on pre-orders and months on waiting list, not because they sell, but because Intel doesn't make them.

You can order that very CPU from OcUK, we have also sold many and shipped many and we have more landing next week hopefully, so though Intel is short, the parts actually do exist and are rather popular. :)

Back
Top Bottom