*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Doesn't mean it isn't better.

It may be better in your opinion, that much is clear but it's just your opinion.

In the real world Exynos 4412 wins most benchmarks, so why not try being impartial with your comments instead of trying to pass of your opinion as fact? :)

Both have advantages, neither is outright better, that said the Quad Core S4 with Adreno 320 will be better. ;)

No, they really couldn't be ****** http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

EU iPhone 5 users will never have access to the bulk of their LTE network. (EE will probably have 800/2600 masts from next year too)

Edit:
They probably just added one frequency per country outside the US for "4G" advertising :p

Just because it isnt available now, doesnt mean it wont be later. The Verizon iPhone came along a few months after the intial release.

However, the LTE frequencies being discussed arent even owned by anyone currently and the bidding for them wont start until early 2013 with them likely not being in use until the end of 2013. So why bother creating an iPhone that would support them? By the time they're actually available, the iPhone 6 will be out.

Hi guys, remember me? ;)

Liking the look of the black anodised aluminium, the USB3.0/lightning connection, the bigger screen, dual band 802.11n wi-fi and iOS6.

I'd like to say I won't upgrade from my 4S, but I know come Friday I wont be able to resist the urge and end up pre-ordering! Ha!

I'm currently on O2 Simplicity, but will be moving to Everything Everywhere for 4G.

Hi guys, remember me? ;)

Liking the look of the black anodised aluminium, the USB3.0/lightning connection, the bigger screen, dual band 802.11n wi-fi and iOS6.

I'd like to say I won't upgrade from my 4S, but I know come Friday I wont be able to resist the urge and end up pre-ordering! Ha!

<waves>

same camera
1232550426_worf%20face%20palm.gif

same camera
http://gifs.gifbin.com/1232550426_worf%20face%20palm.gif[img][/QUOTE]

No it's not, it's thinner! And has a sapphire crystal cover! (but yeah its more or less the same). I guess we'll have to wait for like for like comparisons with the 4S camera to tell for sure if there's any real world difference. I think low light pictures will show the most improvement.

Does the Iphone 5 have a new sim card size?

The microsim in my 4s now wont fit the iphone 5 will it?

Which means ill have to get orange to send me a new sim when i order one.

Does the Iphone 5 have a new sim card size?

The microsim in my 4s now wont fit the iphone 5 will it?

Which means ill have to get orange to send me a new sim when i order one.

Correct, it's a "NanoSIM"... and unlike when they changed from the original SIM to MicroSIM, you can't just trim one down to fit :(.

Correct, it's a "NanoSIM"... and unlike when they changed from the original SIM to MicroSIM, you can't just trim one down to fit :(.

That sucks :(

Ive had my 4s since release day, so i still have ages on my contract, do you think orange will supply me with a nano sim if i tell them im purchasing an iphone 5 sim free?

I thought it wasn't the same - that the resolution was the same, but the optics are better?

Optics are more important than megapixels in determining the image quality of a camera.

No it's not, it's thinner! And has a sapphire crystal cover! (but yeah its more or less the same). I guess we'll have to wait for like for like comparisons with the 4S camera to tell for sure if there's any real world difference. I think low light pictures will show the most improvement.

Well we will find out soon I guess, the picture comparisons will no doubt be with an S3 and we will find out how good the 1080p recordings and camera pictures really are :)

I hate to say it but in my eyes Apple have delivered a 'nice to have' device that in no shape or form resets the bar for mobile devices. It's good looking... and that's about it. If you're invested in the Apple ecosystem then you've got a nice place to go with updated radio, faster hardware and a nicer screen. The unfortunate thing is that they haven't (I hate to use the word in light of recent events) innovated.

They will keep most people that are big Apple users, that have big iTunes investments and love the design aspect more than the capability aspect, but those that use it just as a mobile don't have any real reason to hang on. Especially since they've made their peripherals a little less relevant.

It'll sell but they won't be gaining any big market share with it. To the contrary, I suspect that they will, in the long run, see their share fall.

Last edited:
I can't believe they actually released it without fixing Siri for 4S outside of US. Didn't think they would just blatantly not care to this degree. Sold entire phone on the back of it, never took it out of beta, never worked fully, lowered quality of voice recognition as new devices joined, then just bam - moved on to another phone and OS. Worse than Korean manufacturers!

The iPhone 5 doesn't show me anything crazily amazing, however it is a slight upgrade from an easy to use smart phone with features most people will use. However, there are other phones out there that can offer a bit more, however there are people who may not want that bit more and just want a basic easy phone that simply works for them.

It may be better in your opinion, that much is clear but it's just your opinion.

In the real world Exynos 4412 wins most benchmarks, so why not try being impartial with your comments instead of trying to pass of your opinion as fact? :)

Both have advantages, neither is outright better, that said the Quad Core S4 with Adreno 320 will be better. ;)

It isn't my opinion, it's just my understanding that the S4 Snapdragon is better. I have an Exynos S3 so have no interest in falsely saying the S4 is better for my own benefit, I'd rather it wasn't.

What are these benchmarks that you speak of, I'd love to see them.

Sarge on here is the chap to ask about this, I'm sure he'll clear it up for you.

Back
Top Bottom