Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Associate
I agree completely. The QC on these monitors is shocking, hopefully when the new batch finally arrives these issues are a thing of the past.

Associate
That's true. Would you keep the monitor if it was like mine? I am not sure what to do. I am thinking of keeping it to be honest as it does not bother me that much so far and it could have been worse based on what people reported.

e: Do I need to do something in order to enable 144hz? Maximum I see is 120hz. The monitor is displayed as "Generic PnP Monitor" in Device Manager.

Last edited:
Associate
If you are happy with it then keep it. Personally I would be sending that back because of the bleed/glow and dirt behind the screen.

I just enabled gsync on mine in the nvidia control panel and games run at 144hz if you have the Gpu power to reach it.

Associate
Regarding the glow, give it a couple of days. The ones I had anyway, the glow reduced to the point of barely being able to see it on black screens. Hopefully be the same with yours.

Mine just had nasty backlight bleed problems and dead pixels

Associate
Regarding the glow, give it a couple of days. The ones I had anyway, the glow reduced to the point of barely being able to see it on black screens. Hopefully be the same with yours.

Mine just had nasty backlight bleed problems and dead pixels

Thanks, hopefully it will get better in the next few days.

Do you need G-Sync enabled to get 144hz? At the moment I am on my laptop with 7970m CF and I don't see a way to set 144hz.

Associate
Once I get my new PC up and running I will give this monitor a few days of normal use. If the bleed or that dirt bothers me, it will go back to OcUK.

So far I am quite impressed with the image quality. It is probably because it is my first 1440p monitor though.

Associate
And the waiting continues...

So. I spy with my little eye something beginning with.... ok I'm bored now.

Heard nothing from Acer whatsoever so far. I'm on the list for a swap as far as I know but clueless to anything else.

Associate
I took mine back to the shop almost 30 days after buying the monitor and they gave me my money back no questions asked. There was a dead pixel in the middle of the screen and dirt behind the screen in the left bottom corner. Acer are accepting them back for the dirt because it is an inherent fault in this first batch. I'd send the one shown in the picture above back because the bleed is shocking compared to mine and the dirt looks almost the same size and shape that I had behind my panel. It's about the size of a grain of rice and a faint brown colour.

Last edited:
Soldato
OMG thats terrible. Wonder if they need to turn down the brightness to 15 :) You can see the glow sometimes when it displays an image.

Asus ROG Swift PG279Q WQHD 144Hz IPS Panel and G-sync
2uesiv4.jpg

35k0hzp.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
For my current and previous 2x29um65's and dell u2311h, it makes a massive difference. But yes "severe" bleed will not be "completely" removed by lowering the brightness

Back
Top Bottom