**Apple Media Event - September 12th **

Soldato
20120904-jut5kcxg2k76w4esym5qxgm7e6.jpg

Engadget.com said:
Apple has just invited members of the press to attend a San Francisco-based product launch event on September 12th, where the next generation iPhone is expected to be officially unveiled. As rumored, it seems as if the company's prior iPod-focused fall events may be split off into two. It's been reported that an October event may follow this one, with a miniaturized 7-inch iPad on the docket for that. This event, however, seems a lock for the iPhone 5 -- or "new iPhone," or whatever it ends up being coined -- and while CEO Tim Cook confessed at D10 that it would be doubling down on secrecy, leakers seem to have doubled down on tipping the world off on what's to come. The keynote kicks off at 10AM PT in SF, and you can bet we'll be there covering every second of it live. Didn't have any "lunch" plans for 9/12? Looks like you do now.

What is Rumoured?
  • iPhone 5 - The New iPhone is due to be unveiled, with a new design, improved internals, and possibly NFC amongst other bits and bobs...
  • iOS 6 - We'll get a launch date, and no doubt more features on the latest iOS version for iOS devices
  • New iPad Mini? - Rumours have been going wild about a new iPad mini model - But will it be unveiled in this event?
  • iTunes 11 - Late rumours have come in regarding a new version of iTunes, which promises to be "Sleeker and Faster"...
  • New iPod Touch & Nano Models - Another late rumour is suggesting that Apple will be releasing some new Touch and Nano models for their iPod series

Where can I watch this Apple Event?
Unless you are a member of the press, sadly it's still out of bounds. It would appear that Apple isn't covering the keynote live, and others are prohibited to do so!

HOWEVER - not all is lost, mac-related websites/blogs around the world are here to give you the latest breaking news via RSS-News Feeds and other "Live Update" blogs.

I will keep an up-to-date list of the sites which will give you "Live Updates" of the event below...

As always, Apple are kind enough to upload the keynote shortly after it's finished. You are often able to stream it from Apple Events or alternatively, you can wait 24 hours after the keynote to download it in high quality straight from your iTunes!

The keynote starts at 10:00 AM (PT), also known to us brits as 18:00 PM (BST), on the 12th September 2012! Be there!

Other times are:
07:00AM - Hawaii
10:00AM - Pacific
11:00AM - Mountain
12:00PM - Central
01:00PM - Eastern
06:00PM - London
07:00PM - Paris
02:00AM - Tokyo (September 13th)

Event Summary:
Watch the Keynote Here

• iPhone 5 launched with 4″ display and LTE, prices start at £529
  • iPhone 5 pre-orders announced for Friday September 14, release date a week later on September 21
  • New iPod Touch released, available in October
  • New iPod Nano released, also available in October
  • iTunes 11 with complete redesign announced, due out in October
  • iTunes 10.7 released, required to install iOS 6
  • iOS 6 release set for September 19 as a free download
  • iOS 6 GM for developers released
  • Lightning is the new Dock connectors name
  • EarPods, new earphones for iOS devices released

Thread Last Updated:
  • 15th September 2012 - Added Summary
  • 12th September 2012 - Added More Live Update Links
  • 12th September 2012 - Added iTunes & iPod Rumours
  • 4th September 2012 - Thread Creation

---

Last edited:
Haven't been following rumours at all but looking forward to upgrade from my ageing 4 now.

The only thing that would get me to upgrade from my iPad 2 also is a mini iPad. That would be pretty much my perfect setup and would take both MBA & iPad with me instead of one or the other.

I still don't think it is the iPhone 5, it wouldn't make sense.

They went with the 'New iPad' because you cant keep going iPad 1, iPad 2 and so on :/

Oh well, roll on next wends!

+1 Marky for the info in regards to gmt times etc. Ive been meaning to check this out the last few nights.

Interested in the ipad mini. Will be interesting to see their pricing strategy for it and whether or not those famous words of "ships today" will finish on the presentation. Couldn't be too far saying around £250 for a basic wi-fi model (c/w Retina...:rolleyes:)

Back
Top Bottom