• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

10GB vram enough for the 3080? Discuss..

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be marvelous if true.:p

On your other point, until someone with>10Gb can show me the game stuttering down to single digits constant on 16Gb system ram, I'm not budging.

@LtMatt @gpuerrilla any of you able to test that out?

I've provided you with plenty of evidence/sources to see for yourself, you're just simply to choosing to ignore it because it's not what you want to see or rather fitting the narrative of this thread "zOMG 10GB not enough!"

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/top...-for-your-issue-updated-23-02-2022?lang=en-US

c1IQRG9.png

Like I said, I posted screenshots showing my ram usage before and after the patch which fixed the rendering/loading of textures, shaz commented the same (iirc, he has a 3080ti) and pretty sure grim etc. commented the same but in different threads.

Ram usage has increased and it’s peaking at 14.9GB for me while it never crosses 11GB pre patch. 16GB of Ram is right on the edge if you are using the HD pack.

Again, given this part here:

NO HD texture pack AND at 1440P AND whilst using FSR

And you're still encountering FPS drops etc.? According to ubis requirements, you in theory should not be having issues:

Recommended 2K configuration (60 FPS, Raytracing On)
Operating System Windows 10 (20H1 version or newer, 64-bit versions)
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @ 3.7 Ghz or Intel Core i5-10600K @ 4.1 Ghz (AVX, AVX2 and SSE 4.2 support required)
RAM 16 GB (Dual-channel mode)
Video card AMD RX 6900XT (16 GB) or NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
DirectX DirectX 12
Hard Drive 60 GB available storage

Brave statement on here my friend. Lets see if the pitchforks come out like they did if I posted remotely anything like that! :cry::p

You do realise what he's saying, right..... That despite having an extra 2GB vram, a 3080 12gb has no better longevity either because the cards are/will lack the grunt before 10+12gb vram becomes an issue.... same way a 3090 also will lack the grunt.

I've provided you with plenty of evidence/sources to see for yourself, you're just simply to choosing to ignore it because it's not what you want to see or rather fitting the narrative of this thread "zOMG 10GB not enough!"

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/top...-for-your-issue-updated-23-02-2022?lang=en-US

c1IQRG9.png

Like I said, I posted screenshots showing my ram usage before and after the patch which fixed the rendering/loading of textures, shaz commented the same (iirc, he has a 3080ti) and pretty sure grim etc. commented the same but in different threads.

Again, given this part here:

And you're still encountering FPS drops etc.? According to ubis requirements, you in theory should not be having issues:

You do realise what he's saying, right..... That despite having an extra 2GB vram, a 3080 12gb has no better longevity either because the cards are/will lack the grunt before 10+12gb vram becomes an issue.... same way a 3090 also will lack the grunt.

I admire your restraint.

I admire your restraint.

:D

Are you quoting me or the ubi forum?

You, hence the comment below that...

Wasn't it you who said you are having FPS drops/stutter even with those settings/res????

3R1ilpB.png

9MNBFdv.png

2 people with 3090 experiencing stutters and fps drops therefore it must apply to every 3090 user playing fc 6 too!!!! :cry: Better download more vram folks.

Brave man @tommybhoy. Don't forget Gerard has 32GB of system memory and saw the same FPS drops and stuttering too with Far Cry 6 and the 3080 at max settings with the HD Texture pack, so you are not alone. :D

Gerard found out as he's actually playing the game like I was, as I said, I can record it and up a vid playing fine maxed out too, it can play quite a bit before it starts.

You, hence the comment below that...
NO HD texture pack AND at 1440P AND whilst using FSR
Old data that I've told you countless times now, DOES NOT HAPPEN IF YOU RESTART THE GAME
Already told you/updated my findings that if you restart the game after running out of vram it doesn't have those problems

it only had those problems after running out of vram then reducing settings in game, is that clear enough this time?
Put a space in to make it easier for you, can crack the crayons out if it's not sinking in?

Also, to clarify, stutter?

2 fps a second isn't stuttering, there's stuttering and then there's slideshow.

Gerard found out as he's actually playing the game like I was, as I said, I can record it and up a vid playing fine maxed out too, it can play quite a bit before it starts.

Wasn't it yourself or/and Geard also reporting CTDs etc. regardless of the HD texture pack/settings as well? Something I and others reported no issues with (I did have CTD with the second patch once the opening logos finished just before I got to the menu screen, which was widely documented on the ubi forums and fixed with the 3rd or 4th patch). Essentially, once again, why take issues, which 1-2 people are having and "insist" that every other 3080 must also be having those issues too? I think you kind of missed the whole point of that 3090 post.... :o

Old data that I've told you countless times now, DOES NOT HAPPEN IF YOU RESTART THE GAME

Put a space in to make it easier for you, can crack the crayons out if it's not sinking in?

Also, to clarify, stutter?

2 fps a second isn't stuttering, there's stuttering and then there's slideshow.

You are missing the part where I keep saying, do you think it is normal that even with those settings of yours that you are encountering such issues? Given your comments in the rtx thread about encountering issues in metro, cod, rdr 2 etc. as well, it kind of points at user/system error again, given, that it seems to only be you experiencing issues in those games with no one else saying the same?

Also, again, I have a 3080 too and have told you that I've not seen any of the issues you have mentioned in FC 6 but I don't play games for more than 2 hour sessions at most so maybe it's just simply I haven't played for as long as you do but then does that not kind of tell you there is an issue with the the way the game is coded i.e. this thing called a memory leak....

There are other posts on there too with 3090 users mentioning fps drops to single digits, I posted one further back in this thread but apparently that's because he messed with his page file..... :cry: But again, I think you kind of missed the point I'm making, I'll quote it and put it in bold if that helps:

why take issues, which 1-2 people are having and "insist" that every other 3080 must also be having those issues too?

Consistent at least. Be prepared for nonsense. :cry:;)

As per usual, nothing to add :cry:

Another example why RT and Ultra textures cannot be compared in motion. I am playing Cyberpunk and toggling between different RT settings and the effects of RT are quite clear even in motion. Its literally changing the lighting and shadowing of the whole scene. The downgrade in textures using DLSS performance is well worth this gain.

RTGI Off

IBF4OXGF_o.jpg

RTGI On

yJFOE5xB_o.jpg

Wasn't it yourself or/and Geard also reporting CTDs etc. regardless of the HD texture pack/settings as well? Something I and others reported no issues with (I did have CTD with the second patch once the opening logos finished just before I got to the menu screen, which was widely documented on the ubi forums and fixed with the 3rd or 4th patch). Essentially, once again, why take issues, which 1-2 people are having and "insist" that every other 3080 must also be having those issues too? I think you kind of missed the whole point of that 3090 post.... :o

No, it wasn't me.

You are missing the part where I keep saying, do you think it is normal that even with those settings of yours that you are encountering such issues?
Still reaching:o

Again, I'm not encountering that issue and to add, it's not my fault the 80 can't recover when the vram runs out in FC6-even when you reduce settings in game, when even FSR and dropping to 2K couldn't help a 3080 recover from breaching 10GB, take that up with UBI or Nv why it's not recoverable, not me.:p

Given your comments in the rtx thread about encountering issues in metro, cod, rdr 2 etc. as well, it kind of points at user/system error again, given, that it seems to only be you experiencing issues in those games with no one else saying the same?

The only issue was not enough vram on 70 and 80 using highest settings I can play on, just like @chrcoluk I don't need high fps on single player games.

Haven't seen you taking issue and posting walls of text with (for example)roff when he says the 70 doesn't have enough vram, because he'd absolutely destroy you.

Also, again, I have a 3080 too and have told you that I've not seen any of the issues you have mentioned in FC 6 but I don't play games for more than 2 hour sessions at most so maybe it's just simply I haven't played for as long as you do but then does that not kind of tell you there is an issue with the the way the game is coded i.e. this thing called a memory leak....

If there was a memory leak, imagine you'd have spammed this thread and others with loads of links, as you haven't tells it's own story.

There are other posts on there too with 3090 users mentioning fps drops to single digits, I posted one further back in this thread but apparently that's because he messed with his page file..... :cry: But again, I think you kind of missed the point I'm making, I'll quote it and put it in bold if that helps:

Because 99% don't want to say their 70/80's not got enough vram, buyers pride and all that which is understandable, plenty in here taking the absolute nip at me for even talking about it on here.

I don't expect to see any other vids showing it running out, for reasons stated, but I don't see any 80 playthroughs on max settings of it running within 10GB on max iq either.

As per usual, nothing to add :cry:

@gpuerrilla no ******* wonder:p

The only issue was not enough vram on 70 and 80 using highest settings I can play on, just like @chrcoluk I don't need high fps on single player games.
Haven't seen you taking issue and posting walls of text with (for example)roff when he says the 70 doesn't have enough vram, because he'd absolutely destroy you.

If there was a memory leak, imagine you'd have spammed this thread and others with loads of links, as you haven't tells it's own story.

Because 99% don't want to say their 70/80's not got enough vram, buyers pride and all that which is understandable, plenty in here taking the absolute nip at me for even talking about it on here.

I don't expect to see any other vids showing it running out, for reasons stated, but I don't see any 80 playthroughs on max settings of it running within 10GB on max iq either.

Funny enough, I said same in the CP thread, got tetchy per form, avoided it.

Cherry picks fights, odd fellow. Glad you confirm some of them characteristics. Not just me then! :p

I can't take the "RT vs no RT" debate seriously since I tried it on Control.

Both RT and baked-in lighting can vary A LOT depending on how the devs choose to implement either.

In Control, RT looks good and the baked-in lighting looks like one of the devs had their toddler code it on a "bring your kid to work" day. Baked-in lighting doesn't have to look like the absolute trash seen in Control with RT off.

No, it wasn't me.

Again, I'm not encountering that issue and to add, it's not my fault the 80 can't recover when the vram runs out in FC6-even when you reduce settings in game, when even FSR and dropping to 2K couldn't help a 3080 recover from breaching 10GB, take that up with UBI or Nv why it's not recoverable, not me.:p

Yet again, explain how it is reaching?

Emmm, you're the one solely blaming lack of vram here and not being open to the very likely and possible fact that it is an issue with the game or/and your system, it's not me ....

Again, what about my experience?

I have already posted exactly how and when a vram issue happens as per my cp video with 4-8k texture mod packs, if I was getting the same for FC 6, I would have shown it too:

You can clearly see my vram usage "exceeding" 10GB here yet funnily it doesn't drop to single digits, in fact, the frame latency doesn't even suffer the way it should, funny eh....

Like I said, no substance or any evidence whatsoever to back up claims. If it was such an issue, surely there would be more than just you and Gerard posting these issues? Not forgetting the fact that you will always get far more "complaints" being posted than people saying the game runs great for them.

Again, there have been at least 3 complaints of fps drops from 3090 users on ubi forums so does that mean it applies to all 3090 owners???

Remember just because you and 1 other person has an issue does not mean it is the same for everyone.... How many times does one need to say this before you get this?

I haven't seen many of rroff posts on vram, feel free to link them, at least with rroff, he'll post some actual evidence to back up his claims unlike the majority here who post nothing to back up the claims or/and completely ignore the evidence/points of others because it doesn't fit said narrative ;) My stance is and always will be that grunt is more of a problem than vram and settings need to be reduced first and foremost due to that and not vram. You're reminding me of that other fellow in here who kept moaning about his 3070 and not being able to max the likes of cp 2077 out at 4k then saying it's because of no vram despite the fact, the 3070 doesn't even have enough grunt in the first place to be able to max it out at 4k :o Also, not forgetting I posted several 3070 vs 2080ti youtube video comparisons spanning across many games which showed the 3070 winning in them all despite its lesser vram, oh wait, they mustn't have played for 5 hours.... :cry:

As for the potential memory leak, in fact, I did post links back when the texture etc. issue was happening where people had posted in depth testing of allocated and dedicated vram usage on the ubi forums but as per usual it got ignored because after all, who wants to believe in factual statements with evidence :cry:

Funny enough, I said same in the CP thread, got tetchy per form, avoided it.

Cherry picks fights, odd fellow. Glad you confirm some of them characteristics. Not just me then! :p

Tetchy? :cry:

You came in out of nowhere, took peoples posts completely out of context to start your "fc 6 vs cp 2077" crusade again even though the posts you took had no comparisons/mentions of fc 6 to cp 2077 at all and said posts were solely talking about cp 2077. When corrected and debunked like there was no tomorrow, you went MIA :cry:

Like I said before if going to spout BS, expect to be corrected, hence why you and others can't come back with any kind of evidence or substance to debunk my points :cry: :D

I can't take the "RT vs no RT" debate seriously since I tried it on Control.

Both RT and baked-in lighting can vary A LOT depending on how the devs choose to implement either.

In Control, RT looks good and the baked-in lighting looks like one of the devs had their toddler code it on a "bring your kid to work" day. Baked-in lighting doesn't have to look like the absolute trash seen in Control with RT off.

Whilst that is true, a developer can do a very good job with rasterization.... they have to put A LOT of time and effort in to get the same results and even then, it will still pale in comparison to RT. Best way to prove this is to compare metro exodus and the enhanced version, people ranted and raved about how good metros lighting, shadows etc. were yet even still, compared to the RT version, it looks like **** in comparison.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom