• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

I assume you haven't tried TLOU or any of the heavy games on your 5800x 3d,else you would realize what happens to 8 core cpus in those. 8 cores should be at the 200-250 price point nowadays, they are not suitable for high end gaming.

I haven't yet seen some actual footage from TLOU or cp on the 7800x 3d,so I'll withhold my judgment for now, but let's say I'd be impressed it it beat a 12900k, let alone a 13900k in those games, just because of the lack of cores.

I got the 5800x3d for £220 dropped it in current motherboard
I have the 3080 is the part thats struggling, high preset dont actually think there is any noticable difference graphically between high and ultra , high preset no dlss ( I get shimmering with dlss ) keeps it under 10gb vram average fps 90s never dips below 60fps at 1440p for me thats good enough experience , its a single player game I dont need super high FPS all the online games I play are well above 100fps makes no sense to me to spend on new GPU + platform

my next upgrade is likely GPU but trying to hold out for next gen aint entertaining paying current prices by that time hoping platform costs are lower so upgrade to that as well,

Last edited:
I got the 5800x3d for £220 dropped it in current motherboard
I have the 3080 is the part thats struggling, high preset dont actually think there is any noticable difference graphically between high and ultra , high preset no dlss ( I get shimmering with dlss ) keeps it under 10gb vram average fps 90s never dips below 60fps at 1440p for me thats good enough experience , its a single player game I dont need super high FPS all the online games I play are well above 100fps makes no sense to me to spend on new GPU + platform

my next upgrade is likely GPU but trying to hold out for next gen aint entertaining paying current prices by that time hoping platform costs are lower so upgrade to that as well,
Well if you don't want super high fps then there is no point in getting the 3d in the first place, either the zen 3 or the zen 4 part, right?

My point is 8 cores - even for gaming - should be the low end options nowadays, not the premium high end which the 450 price suggests on the 7800x 3d.

I've seen the 5800x 3d with a 4090 in this game, it hits 100% usage across all cores, draws 110 watts and struggles for 80 fps at heaviest parts of the game.

I think Bencher is rubbing off on you…
Maybe lol but top end AMD 8 core CPUs are much more then 200-250 these days however they do go down in price not long after being released.
But like I said before I am very inpatient so not gonna wait and watch my 5800X struggle to keep up with 4090.

Last edited:
Maybe lol but top end AMD CPUs are much more then 200-250 these days however they do go down in price not long after being released.

His statement comes from his hatred of AMD and is laughable. We’ve had 8 core around that price for years and he knows it… People like that are anti enthusiasts and just want to see the market stagnate with expensive Intel and Nvidia hardware.

His statement comes from his hatred of AMD and is laughable. We’ve had 8 core around that price for years and he knows it… People like that are anti enthusiasts and just want to see the market stagnate with expensive Intel and Nvidia hardware.
Yeah, my factual statements comes from hatred, lol, what a bunch of BS.

The 5800x was launched at 450, the 5800x3d was launched at 450,the 7700x was at 399, the 7800x 3d is also 450. What the actual heck are you talking about, lol.

Well if you don't want super high fps then there is no point in getting the 3d in the first place, either the zen 3 or the zen 4 part, right?

My point is 8 cores - even for gaming - should be the low end options nowadays, not the premium high end which the 450 price suggests on the 7800x 3d.

I've seen the 5800x 3d with a 4090 in this game, it hits 100% usage across all cores, draws 110 watts and struggles for 80 fps at heaviest parts of the game.

threads gone off topic as usual , can you link the 4090 at 4K with 5800x3d in thread games / the last of us thread
thanks

threads gone off topic as usual , can you link the 4090 at 4K with 5800x3d in thread games / the last of us thread
thanks
I mean you said yourself it does stutter for you in places despite framerate being high.
im having the same issue on my 5800X.

avx512 gives a massive boost in that emulator for amd, can easily be seen how slow the 5800x3d is without it.
Yeah definitely huge difference. And the fact that non 3D cache 7000 Ryzen CPUs are doing so much worse in techpowerup review is down to the fact that they tested them with avx512 disabled for some reason. At least that’s what I read on Reddit.

Yeah definitely huge difference. And the fact that non 3D cache 7000 Ryzen CPUs are doing so much worse in techpowerup review is down to the fact that they tested them with avx512 disabled for some reason. At least that’s what I read on Reddit.
Rcps didn't support avx back when they tested the original zen 4. Apparently they didn't retest them with the new version that does.

avx512 gives a massive boost in that emulator for amd, can easily be seen how slow the 5800x3d is without it.

I wouldn’t say the 5800x3d is that slow TBH.

It’s impressive the difference AMD have managed to gain between the 7700X and 7800X3D considering the reduction in power use. Must be some kind of magic happening. Possibly a respin.

Last edited:
could it be the game itself? bad port?
Oh yeah it most likely is but the game is heavily taxing 8 core CPUs and it seems people with more cores are doing better in this game or that’s what I figured out reading comments around here with few exceptions.

I wouldn’t say the 5800x3d is that slow TBH.

It’s impressive the difference AMD have managed to gain between the 7700X and 7800X3D considering the reduction in power use. Must be some kind of magic happening. Possibly a respin.
As @Bencher said rpcs3 didn’t support avx512 when they tested 7700x and they didn’t update their results.
he is probably right about that.

Back
Top Bottom