• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

14th Gen "Raptor Lake Refresh"

You can see the frametimes next to the average fps I think, not a graph just the number. But sure I'll upload one with a graph
I’m seeing jumps from ~6ms to ~12ms. That’s not good.
when you going to test again change afterburner/riva tuner sampling rate to something like 100ms.
here is mine:

Last edited:
I’m seeing jumps from ~6ms to ~12ms. That’s not good.
when you going to test again change afterburner/riva tuner sampling rate to something like 100ms.
here is mine:

Stop playing with the counter on. You’re going to develop another complex.

when you say frametime is all over the place what exactly is it ?
It’s probably the judder that you experienced yourself.
If you look at my video you will see frametime graph and framerate on the right side of my small diplay. You can see both constantly jumping up and down which is what I’m seeing with my eyes when playing.
I think I have it refreshing at 10x a second.

This is my 12900k

Here's my 7950X3D for a comparison at the same spot.

The Last of Us Part I | 7950X3D Stock + Both CCDs + SMT Enabled + 4090 Stock​

I also simulated a 7800X3D at the same area too.

The Last of Us Part I | 7950X3D Stock + Cache CCD Only + SMT Enabled + 4090 Stock

Although I have seen higher power draw in other CPU heavy games, the CPU temperature is the highest I've seen of any game so far for the 7950X3D, usually it's a lot lower.

CPU power draw was 85-90W, CPU temp was 75c-81c.

The workload was pinned to the cache CCD according to Task Manager and Ryzen Master Tool with both CCDs enabled.

I'm having serious problems with this game though. I have no sound at all (or any of my devices) since the last patch, so won't be playing it again until it gets fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: J.D
Certainly is a broken game for some it seems , for me on the 13900k it plays absolutely perfect with no stutters at all and is as smooth as can be albeit I'm playing on a DS5 . Core usage is minimal with total usage at 25% odd at 4K ultra with a 13900k ...

The-Last-of-Us-Part-I-Screenshot-2023-04-06-01-52-33-46.png

Certainly is a broken game for some it seems , for me on the 13900k it plays absolutely perfect with no stutters at all and is as smooth as can be albeit I'm playing on a DS5 . Core usage is minimal with total usage at 25% odd at 4K ultra with a 13900k ...

The-Last-of-Us-Part-I-Screenshot-2023-04-06-01-52-33-46.png
Bencher is weird, he likes to nerf IQ by enabling DLSS performance mode. If you do that you'll probably see a bit more CPU utilisation mate.

Bencher is weird, he likes to nerf IQ by enabling DLSS performance mode. If you do that you'll probably see a bit more CPU utilisation mate.

Yeah CPU and Power usage gone up a touch , hitting a CPU or memory bottleneck at this point as well but still smooth just doesn't quite look as crisp ;)

The-Last-of-Us-Part-I-Screenshot-2023-04-10-16-41-23-30.png

Here's my 7950X3D for a comparison at the same spot.

The Last of Us Part I | 7950X3D Stock + Both CCDs + SMT Enabled + 4090 Stock​

I also simulated a 7800X3D at the same area too.

The Last of Us Part I | 7950X3D Stock + Cache CCD Only + SMT Enabled + 4090 Stock

Although I have seen higher power draw in other CPU heavy games, the CPU temperature is the highest I've seen of any game so far for the 7950X3D, usually it's a lot lower.

CPU power draw was 85-90W, CPU temp was 75c-81c.

The workload was pinned to the cache CCD according to Task Manager and Ryzen Master Tool with both CCDs enabled.

I'm having serious problems with this game though. I have no sound at all (or any of my devices) since the last patch, so won't be playing it again until it gets fixed.
Interesting. So the 7800x 3d basically ties a 12900k. Did not expect that at all.

I assume thats the latest patch right? My video was from a week ago, the 14gb patch from yesterday helped with performance a bit.

Could you guys test the warehouse (1st floor) @LtMatt @Jay-G25 thats in my video few posts up while also displaying frametime graph that’s refreshing every 0.1s or so.?
Thanks.
is that the bit before you get to Robert ? i have currently just arrived in Bills town ( The Woods ) and have no way of going back if so apart from starting a new game . The Auto save feature in this is a touch annoying for that as can't back track :rolleyes:

is that the bit before you get to Robert ? i have currently just arrived in Bills town ( The Woods ) and have no way of going back if so apart from starting a new game . The Auto save feature in this is a touch annoying for that as can't back track :rolleyes:
Yeah that’s the one. You can do few new saves where you are just in case although your previous ones should still be there and then go to chapters to get close to that spot.

It’s probably the judder that you experienced yourself.
If you look at my video you will see frametime graph and framerate on the right side of my small diplay. You can see both constantly jumping up and down which is what I’m seeing with my eyes when playing.
I think I have it refreshing at 10x a second.

10x a second ? is that what everyone uses ? Isn't it gonna look worse the higher you set it ?

Back
Top Bottom