2019 NFL Season Thread

Soldato
OP
Rudolph trying to be a big guy but picked the wrong fight, he tried to rip off Garrett's mask and failed then came back for more after his lineman stopped the fight and got handled like the punk he is. Bad player playing bad and taking it out on others.

That doesn't excuse Garrett, he needs a ban as does the Steelers 53 for trying to stamp on Garrett's head I just like seeing Rudolph trying, and failing, to be alpha. Such a bad player. :D

Soldato
Garrett is just done now. That was unreal and I doubt the NFL will want to be part of any of it. Wouldn't be surprised if Rudolph gets a ban till end of season.

Pouncey should be fine, I pretty sure they will chalk that up to defending the QB

Soldato
I wish I hadn't bothered staying up to watch that garbage. Switched it off with about about 5 mins to go so I missed all the drama at the end. Probably the worst game I have seen from the Steelers. As for the QB he looked like a Rabbit caught in the headlights for most of the night. No composure at all with Rudolph. I would rather have Landry Jones playing than that clown. Hopefully they change it up a bit next week and put Hodges in there.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Garrett suspended until at least the end of the season.
Pouncey given a 3 game ban, and Ogunjobi just the 1 game.

Both teams fined $250,000.

Probably harsh on Pouncey.

Soldato
Mason Rudolph got off scott free for trying to remove Garrett's helmet and escalting the stituation by chargeing at Garret while Garret was being restrained by another steeler.

here is a better video

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Can you buy proper stitched NFL jerseys from the EU NFL shop, the site is terrible in terms of working out what is real and what is just printed on.

After a new real jersey jor myself and one for my lad, last one I got a mate actually bought it for me from the US and brought it home.

Last edited:
Associate
I've never seen anything like the melee at the end of that game. I've seen some really bad stuff, but that has to be the worst.

This isn't over yet. There will be more suspensions imo. There certainly needs to be.

Soldato
Mason Rudolph got off scott free for trying to remove Garrett's helmet and escalting the stituation by chargeing at Garret while Garret was being restrained by another steeler.

here is a better video

Scanning through the second vid I don't see the footage? Looking at the first vid, surely Garrett started it all, dragging Rudolph to the ground after the ball had gone? Rudolph looked more to be pushing at him to get him off. Yes, you can see a hand on the back of the helmet, kinda pulling. Not particularly serious. Garrett then pulls him along by his facemask to the point his helmet comes off... is quitte bad, Rudolph gets up and chases after him all angry but doesn't really do much... not very serious. Then Garrett swings his own helmet at Rudolph's exposed head... very serious, which then leads to the Steelers lineman going for Garrett in a big way, yes serious, but personally I get it if I'd just seen Garrett do what he did to my QB.

Soldato
Scanning through the second vid I don't see the footage? Looking at the first vid, surely Garrett started it all, dragging Rudolph to the ground after the ball had gone? Rudolph looked more to be pushing at him to get him off. Yes, you can see a hand on the back of the helmet, kinda pulling. Not particularly serious. Garrett then pulls him along by his facemask to the point his helmet comes off... is quitte bad, Rudolph gets up and chases after him all angry but doesn't really do much... not very serious. Then Garrett swings his own helmet at Rudolph's exposed head... very serious, which then leads to the Steelers lineman going for Garrett in a big way, yes serious, but personally I get it if I'd just seen Garrett do what he did to my QB.

Garret's late tackle is still a football play though and Rudolph reacting to it by trying to take off Garret's helmet is not a football play

Garret only swung because he came after him but he still shouldn't have used the helmet as a weapon

Soldato
OP
Rudolph tried to pull off Garrett's helmet (failed) and then charged at him looking for round two (and failed again) there's talk he tried to knacker shot him as well which was when Garrett really lost it but it's hard to tell on any video.

Garrett's hit was most probably late but at every stage thereafter Rudolph went looking for it, amusingly he found it right on his bonce.

Not excusing Garrett, he deserves a ban, but so does Rudolph for a game for making it happen. Saying that the NFL probably haven't banned him as it's a much harsher punishment on the Steelers having to let him QB your team into oblivion.

Soldato
Rudolph tried to pull off Garrett's helmet (failed) and then charged at him looking for round two (and failed again) there's talk he tried to knacker shot him as well which was when Garrett really lost it but it's hard to tell on any video.

Intent or aggression may have been there, but he actually did very little...

You'd be quite aggressive too if you'd played a terrible game, your team was losing then some guy is illegally physically abusing you. (As with others, not excusing, but as I say, he didn't actually do much)

Soldato
OP
Intent or aggression may have been there, but he actually did very little...

You'd be quite aggressive too if you'd played a terrible game, your team was losing then some guy is illegally physically abusing you. (As with others, not excusing, but as I say, he didn't actually do much)

Physically abusing?

Back
Top Bottom