2019 NFL Season Thread

Associate
While the Cowboy's game was a total disaster I'm encouraged by Jerry Jones' comments post game. He was openly disappointed and frustrated and said as much. Hopefully he's had a belly full the clapping seal that is Jason Garrett.

Soldato
can't imagine the coach was too happy:

Redskins quarterback Dwayne Haskins was supposed to be out on the field with his teammates, leading them into victory formation. Instead, he was taking a selfie with a fan, celebrating Washington's victory one play early.

utter mess from the rams, no matter how good the ravens are, be interesting to see where mcvay goes from here, might be useful if he remembers he has a running back he paid big money too

Last edited:
Associate
can't imagine the coach was too happy:

Redskins quarterback Dwayne Haskins was supposed to be out on the field with his teammates, leading them into victory formation. Instead, he was taking a selfie with a fan, celebrating Washington's victory one play early.

I've never seen anything like that in all my days. Totally insane!

Soldato
I'd actually be interested to know, does anyone else make a bit of a link to a team that has their star fantasy player on? It can cause me issues some times (mind you, I just don't draft Cowboys... ever...) like I have a photo of me in an Eagles McNabb shirt somewhere, as I had him and Owens and they got me many a victory in their prime. This year I started the season with Andrew Luck as my keeper QB. Last year I almost got a Luck shirt and I guess thankfully I didn't.

Last year I thought Lamar Jackson was a flash in the pan, one dimensional QB that D's would work out this year and shut down. All the same, I took a chance on Jackson in an early round and it looks like it might have paid off. I didn't draft well for this season, looking more to score some young talent and find a new keeper, but still managed more points than 65% of the other teams so far this year and only just missed the playoffs. I feel I'm quite well set for next year now with Jackson, Chris Carson and JuJu (pending the Steelers QB position).

And now I'm here...

WwHUyQih.jpg

To be honest, it's come at just the right time for a Redskins fan. Even though we've had a couple of winning seasons, I feel like we've been rubbish for 15 to 20 years now. I'm glad I experienced our two Superbowl wins, the first is a night I will remember forever. In fact that whole playoff run was amazing. I still remember listening on armed forces radio to Darrel Green run that punt back, injured, against the Bears. I thought we had a glimmer of hope with RG3, but Shanahan basically broke him by keeping him in against Seattle when he was clearly injured. Then I had hope with Cousins (who I always thought looked our better bet) but the ownership clearly didn't want him... and I'm just at the end of my tether. A bit like @No1newts I feel I need someone in with a chance of being good to pull for. I don't think I can turn my back on the Skins, how can I after 30+ years of pulling for them, but I just want a team I can cheer for with the hope of some post season action!

I'm quite impressed with the shirt itself for £29.

9wdThbrh.jpg

I took a chance on some unheard of site (eCrater). The store (caisehose) on there is Chinese I think so it took a couple of weeks to come, but looks to be a genuine NFL shirt.

As for this evening, the first game looks a little dull, but I guess could be quite close, pending the Bears Offence I guess. I'm really looking forward to Bills v Cowboys though. Any half decent team the Bills have faced though, they've lost, so not sure how it will go.

Soldato
OP
That's brilliant for £30!

Such a shame a brilliant Cowboys squad is being killed by a bad coach. Shamelessly stealing this quite "they are a 9/2 team with a 2/9 coach" they should be superbowl favourites or at least nailed for a bye as it is they may miss out altogether.

Soldato
OP
Left 41 fantasy points on the bench in the bench in the Thanksgiving games :(

Had week 2 of my training, hauled in every pass my way apart from one which went straight through my hands and nearly neutered me :p didn't get any DB work this week but hopefully next week!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
How the Browns are losing is beyond me, I would think they should be ditching Kitchens but NFL franchises have a habit of ignoring the obvious (Bengals and Lewis, Cowboys and Garrett etc etc)

Goff looked like a QB again last night, unsurprisingly when his line showed up, he may just be a QB who is entirely line reliant. Puts a lot of pressure on the organisation to keep a good line which I can see the Rams struggling with considering the amount they are splashing around in other positions, I would even consider losing Ramsey if it meant a better line as Goff looks elite when it shows up.

Nice win for Bengals, even though they are **** I just can't stop supporting them :p part of me hopes they win against the Browns but giving up the first pick for one more win in a hopeless season is stupid.... So 100% a Bengals move :p:D

In the playoffs and number 1 seed in all my fantasy leagues in my first season in fantasy :D fingers crossed!

Soldato
browns need a strong head coach, which i don't think kitchen is.

still don't rate goff, but if hes given time he can throw, problem is any sort of pressure generally panics him, paid 110m for him which he isn't worth and not only the oline suffers, but donald has no consistent help on the other side of the ball.

with all of that still disappointed in mcvay, doesn't seem to have much in the way of short passing option, loves running a fake jet sweep which we never seem to be able to sell, and don't know if its a combination of mvvay/goff or just one of them, but love to try laterals when 3rd&5+ and it never seems to work but they keep doing it.

go bengalssssssssssss :D

nice work in the fantasy leagues :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Having a watch as I'm up stupidly early for a stupidly early flight in Germany. Man @BlueMerle will be irritated with this Cowboys D, it's awful!

just watched through the game, you know it's bad when you give up a 20+yd TD run to trubisky :D, gave away bad penalties which extended some of the bears drives as well, and by bad i mean on 3rd down when dallas had the bears where they needed them.

they weren't too good on offence either after that 1st drive, elliot had a couple of td's but didn't see him doing his usual damage.

Back
Top Bottom