2019 NFL Season Thread

Soldato
OP
lol, they were scared of a flag, no RB scores such an easy TD. That was all on the defence

Aye right, write off sublime talent as a scared defence.

Anyhow, what a performance from the Chiefs, don't need to say how good Mahomes was, running and throwing, but their defence really stepped up at key times to make plays. Even Williams for some key runs and the receivers made sure they came up with the pass when needed.

Chiefs v Niners, ultimate offence against ultimate defence would be an awesome superbowl. Please not the Packers, please.

Caporegime
One play isn’t writing off a sublime talent lmao, it’s easy to get caught up in hype but that was horrific from Titans

Mahomes has plenty of properly insane plays, that was insane only by the Titans

Soldato
Actually going to be a decent superbowl for once.
Mahomes is amazing but SF have the better team.

Should be a close game.

Going on holiday with family from San Fran in March, so I hope for everyones sake they win!

Last edited:
Soldato
I honestly believe its the niners time to win the SB. We've got the talent, coaching staff and a bond I've never seen before between team mates. Each player will do whatever it takes to win and no moaning about receiving stats or runs.

I stayed up to watch the niners vs packers last night and booked today off work. I always thought we'd smash the packers again but in this sport you can never say anythings for certain. Aaron Rodgers is a legend.

I think it was the beginning of the 3rd quarter they got their game heads on with all the bootleg plays and quick releases. Too little too late though, if they started out like that then they might have won.

I never get emotional about stuff but i've followed this team through hell and now we're knocking at the door of the superbowl. I was in tears of happiness last night lol.

Soldato
Yeah, a couple of silly mistakes in the first half just ruined the Packers chances unfortunately. Great running game from the 49ers though. Right now, I don't think the Chiefs can match them. At the same time, you can never write them off even if the 49ers take an early lead.

Soldato
OP
I tend to be a believer that offense bests defense on that basis I would be fancying the chiefs, especially considering their D has stepped up a lot. It isn't a great D but it's no longer a liability since they've added the likes of Clark and Mathieu.

Niners have a good shot at it and I think it's too close to call, but if I had to choose I would say chiefs.

I actually like the Niners and always had them as a second team so a win would be nice, but I'm an unashamed Mahomes fanboy and believe we are watching a QB who will go do as the, or one of, all time great so I would like to see him win.

Basically I want a good game :p

Soldato
I tend to be a believer that offense bests defense

I tend to believe the opposite. I remember trying to explain this to a friend who put money on the Broncos over the Seahawks a few years back... he wouldn't listen and lost his money :p In this instance, I don't know the 49ers D is quite good enough though. I think it should be a good one.

Soldato
OP
Oh I agree it should be good, I think if the Titans were playing Niners or Packers Chiefs we would have got a blowout. Hoping for a competitive game but with some points on the board as well

Soldato
OP
Some fans dissociate the two and just enjoy the sport. I don't like the guy but I'm able to shelve it enough to enjoy the play.

You see it in most sports, just look at foot all and Liverpool fans sticking up for the psychotic little racist Suarez :p people just have the blinkers on when it suits in sport, most watch it for the sport and not the politics and/or scumbags that surround it.

Despite that I hate AB :p

Caporegime
Yeah woman beating and breaking a child’s arm are just a tad more extreme, there’s nothing enjoyable about that ***** achieving a thing.

Not that KC fans shouldn’t cheer their team, they can’t choose who they employ

Soldato
Not sure racism is any better or worse than domestic violence tbh. Suarez was and is a piece of work, same applies to AB and Tyreek Hill. They're all as bad as each other and I agree with Newts that fans tend to put the blinders on when it's one of their own. It's tribalism, pure and simple, in the same way that people tend to defend the politician they voted for even if that person is indefensible.

Caporegime
Breaking a child’s arm and battering a woman is not even on the same scale as racism. They’re quite clearly not as bad as each other (not to say they aren’t all ‘bad’)

Hill is far beyond Suarez/John Terry/Schmeichel. Even Kareem Hunt was tame given the footage

Hill belongs in territory with Ray McDonald/Bruce Miller/Jon Flanagan/Greg Hardy

edit: Actually upon rereading the events of what Hill did I’ll assume you haven’t seen them before. Punching a pregnant woman repeatedly in the stomach and strangling her

Back
Top Bottom