2019 NFL Season Thread

Soldato
49ers really messed up that last drive.

Didn't really mind who won, but, delighted for the Chiefs been a long time since they last won it.

Associate
Excellent game and well deserved by the Chiefs after that last quarter although the 49'ers did seem to lack any kind of decent drive too which helped. Glad I stayed up to watch this.....seemed like a really quick game too.

Associate
Congrats Chiefs. Niners didn't do much wrong until that 2nd half of the 4th quarter. Really thought for a moment it was theirs. Two good teams and great game though.

Soldato
Really enjoyed the game, although tbh I didn't pay as much attention as I perhaps normally would as we had three friends over that we don't see that often these days, so lots of chatting. I watched the second half on 'Game in 40' on Gamepass just now and the 49ers really did throw it away...

EndVHqPh.png.jpg

2nd Ranked Defence in the NFL
2nd Ranked Pass D in the NFL
3rd Ranked Pass Rush in the NFL
2nd Ranked Rushing Attack in the NFL

Their team is built to win a game from that position. How on earth did they let it get away from them!?

It came down to those two drives where they ran the ball on 1st and picked up 5 yards and then threw two incomplete passes to go three and out. Now, I like a team that stays aggressive when they have a lead, and I'd even said while we were watching that I don't think they could opt to just run the ball down after down like they did in the Championship game, but even I was a little surprised they threw it twice on both of those drives...

Soldato
Their team is built to win a game from that position. How on earth did they let it get away from them!?

That 44 yard pass from Mahomes was the pass that won the game. Chiefs were dead and buried, 3rd down, 15 yards to make up. Then he nails that pass, that changed the whole momentum of the game. The whole Chiefs team responded.

Associate
Shanahan's play calling is a discussion point but the Chiefs woke up with those two late scoring drives (when they went 4 pts up and Kelce suddenly getting involved) and will be the discussion points as well as what the game will be remembered for.

That said I thought the Chiefs D changed to much more pressure in the second half of the 4th with blitzing that was really effective at reducing the Niners.

Soldato
Shanahan's play calling is a discussion point .

I think he was in shock. He is known for his play calling, but, that last drive he had nothing. With 3 time outs and 2 minutes left they had enough time to get down the field with their rushing game.

Associate
I think he was in shock. He is known for his play calling, but, that last drive he had nothing. With 3 time outs and 2 minutes left they had enough time to get down the field with their rushing game.

I was referring more to where the Niners were up by 10, and then they attempted passes on 2nd and 3rd downs and stopped the clock with nearly nine minutes left.

Soldato
OP
Mahomes was they key here, that pass rush was swarming him all night and he kept himself Alive until late game when the secondary started creaking and losing coverages when he struck.

What a player.

Edit: blinking auto correct :p

Last edited:
Soldato
We might need that one again in English? I think I get what you're saying. Yes, he did great, but the 49ers 'allowed it' as others have said. Two 3 and outs, I think the first two they'd had all game (heck, the punter wasn't seen until the 4th quarter) are unforgivable.

I don't get the image showing ball already across the goal line plane against an image with no goal line visible?

Caporegime
Mahomes had a relatively clean pocket most of the night along with 2 ints, not a single holding call either. He wasn't really the key, a lot of players showed up late and 49ers didn't execute on offence.

Back
Top Bottom