***21.9 Ultrawide Thread***

Soldato
Associate
I have just got the AOC 34". Using it as my side monitor with the samsung curved 34" as my main monitor and all i can say is that both of these monitors are stunning. Most surprised by the AOC, the build quality and stand are lovely. And my panel has no bleed/ bloom. After all the horror stories about the ips wide screen models i am amazed to find how nothing is wrong with this one. Not sure if i just got lucky or maybe I don't notice bleed as much but either way i am very happy!

I would say, that whilst the curve on the samsung is subtle i do find it makes for a nicer viewing experience when gaming than the flat panel AOC.

Soldato
I have just got the AOC 34". Using it as my side monitor with the samsung curved 34" as my main monitor and all i can say is that both of these monitors are stunning. Most surprised by the AOC, the build quality and stand are lovely. And my panel has no bleed/ bloom. After all the horror stories about the ips wide screen models i am amazed to find how nothing is wrong with this one. Not sure if i just got lucky or maybe I don't notice bleed as much but either way i am very happy!

I would say, that whilst the curve on the samsung is subtle i do find it makes for a nicer viewing experience when gaming than the flat panel AOC.

The AOC sample I reviewed was excellent as far as lack of backlight bleed and generally uniformity goes as well. People really shouldn't rule it out when considering an UltraWide model, it seems to generally offer better uniformity than models using the current curved IPS panel.

Associate

Wow you have one of the most interesting setup I've heard so far about these widescreens. VA curved + flat IPS. That'd be interesting to see some picture if you have a decent camera to shoot them with (no smartphone) and even better if you can do some sort of comparison in games. I don't mean a review, just tell us you your impressions. And, did I mention pics? :p

Associate
DSC_0450_zpsdtymt6ei.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_0451_zpsp1qohv0n.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not had much chance to game yet but i will say blacks aren't as good on the AOC but the other colours do seem to pop! Plus it is sharper, most notable on website text.

Soldato
Not had much chance to game yet but i will say blacks aren't as good on the AOC but the other colours do seem to pop! Plus it is sharper, most notable on website text.

That's the Samsung 34 curved right? Of course blacks wont be as good as the Samsung is VA. The contrast is about double the IPS screens. Colours from what I can remember looked around the same. At least when Calibrated correctly. Text is definatly sharper on the IPS screens though. The text on VA gives me eyestrain.
For me personally I do like the look of IPS more and it felt so much nicer on my eyes but the motion and blacks are better on the Samsung.

Back
Top Bottom