• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5800x3D upgrade

Did a scan through this thread but couldn't see an answer. Just upgraded from my 3600x to the 5800x3d and first boot it scared me and didn't look like it posted but then after a while it just kicked into life and loaded windows..

Is there anything driver related i need to do after changing it over?

Last edited:
Did a scan through this thread but couldn't see an answer. Just upgraded from my 3600x to the 5800x3d and first boot it scared me and didn't look like it posted but then after a while it just kicked into life and loaded windows..

Is there anything driver related i need to do after changing it over?

Just update the chipset drivers really.

They just the same drivers from the motherboard website?

Just check to see if there are any that are more recent than what you have installed.

Tbh it's probably not even necessary, the drivers for my board are a couple of years old so it was literally just a drop in upgrade with minimal fiddle on my end.

That was coming from a 3700X on a B450.

Last edited:
Just check to see if there are any that are more recent than what you have installed.

Tbh it's probably not even necessary, the drivers for my board are a couple of years old so it was literally just a drop in upgrade with minimal fiddle on my end.

That was coming from a 3700X on a B450.
Ok cheers, i installed the latest drivers a couple of weeks ago so should be ok i think. All seems to be working, with some fiddling around with settings in wow it has made a very noticeable difference, don't get anymore stuttering, not made a huge increase to max fps but the minimum is much higher which is much more noticeable.

Processor arrived today and I’m happy that it’s installed and the temperature is staying reasonable on stress tests. I had some fun prising off the old backplate from my X370 motherboard so I could install an AIO on it. Hopefully I’ll have time to play with it over the weekend.

Processor arrived today and I’m happy that it’s installed and the temperature is staying reasonable on stress tests. I had some fun prising off the old backplate from my X370 motherboard so I could install an AIO on it. Hopefully I’ll have time to play with it over the weekend.
I saw a huge difference coming from a 3700x. It's going to be like being on another planet coming from a 1700x.

That great keep us updated on the progress

Thanks guys - I’ve installed Ryzen Master but there are no options to use curve optimizer. Is PBO2 Tuner the right tool to use to undervolt the cores? Any recommendations on where to start with this?

My Cinebench scores are a little below expectations but that could well be because I’m still using my old 2400 MHz memory.

Thanks guys - I’ve installed Ryzen Master but there are no options to use curve optimizer. Is PBO2 Tuner the right tool to use to undervolt the cores? Any recommendations on where to start with this?

My Cinebench scores are a little below expectations but that could well be because I’m still using my old 2400 MHz memory.

What motherboard and chipset you running?

What speed does Ryzen Master say your cores are running and boosting too during a CB run?

Back
Top Bottom