700D carbon fibre build: Blackbox II

Soldato
OP
Yeh think window will now be 'bottom compartment divider and up'

As for night shots, atm it looks nice and subtle with the human eye, but I can't do it justice with my camera which is shocking in low light conditions.

It doesn't really look great, I need an SLR or something:(

Last edited:
Associate
Really nicely applied CF vinyl, you even got the expansion slots done nicely too & plenty of Mnpctech's billets of goodness :D, are you from the UK & if so how much was shipping?, I want to order some case feet for my next build :).

Soldato
OP
Nottingham mate

Just ordered light tinted and plain (clear) perspex last night:)
And an aquaero 4.0 display system, 10cm and 30cm UV cathodes and some white braiding.

So hopefully this wknd I will have a window made!

@Gtiracer the tubes are too small to fit on the barbs without softening with boiling water first. Then they serve as their own clamp and will not come off with kilos of force. In fact a scalpel must be used and the tubing section binned.

The bottom tube feeding the pump from the res is sloowly kinking! Going to have to drain the loop which will be good practice anyway and put a slightly longer piece in to see if it helps. I refuse to use anti kink coils they look gash IMO in most cases.

I ill install also a bitspower black nickel temperature probe in the remaining port on the bottom of the res:) fed to my aquaero it will tell me the temp of the water, just something I am curious about!

Forgot I will also be illuminating the acrylic on the 470 block. Then I may eventually hook up to my RGB for a very slow 'fade-pulse' effect:)

ATM I am running just a silver coil with the ultra pure water, I have PHN Nuke but have not added any yet.do I need any drops also? Any compatibility issues anyone know of?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
hmmm OK these are ok:

P1010938.jpg

P1010934.jpg

P1010935.jpg

Got the aquaero, what a feat of electronic engineering it looks very impressive.
Will install tomorrow

Soldato
OP
yup but its still patent. will change it out tomorrow for a longer piece, hopefully this will fix it:(

Last edited:
Soldato
Now THAT is what I'm talking about! NIIIIIICE :)

Can't help but think that beautiful backlighting is being overpowered by the other lights in there... can be the voltage regulated to be a little bit fainter? or is that just the photo making them look like that?

Soldato
OP
cheers, the tubes are about 1/3rd as bright in real life i'd say

The small amount of purple the UV cathodes give off is really sweet, if only you guys could see this, the camera can't pick it up! Very happy with it, not got perspex yet, maybe tomorrow maybe not, gotta have window!

A mate just had a look at it, I gave him no warning. He was freaking out just looking at the size of the case, then, I showed him the side with the panel alreay off:)
He had no idea PC's could be liquid cooled, he was holding his head and swearing for about 3 mins lol.

priceless, it was worth it:D

Soldato
I remember when I first saw a pc with watercooling it totally blew my mind lol then as I came to understand how it worked it is such an obvious solution to the problem of heat - and I was dying to try it myself... alas funds did not (and still don't) allow :(

Soldato
OP
new, longer unkinked tube in place, hopefully it will last:
P1010941.jpg

aquaero is now controlling the rad fans, the pump is noisy again due to air. when it has settled things should be quieter:)
P1010940.jpg

P1010939.jpg

edit; just put in one of the sensors for a laugh and stuck it in the rad exhaust stream to see how similar water and exhaust air temps would be. at first it was lagging by half a degree and now it's completely lined up! out by 0.1 degrees to 0.0 degrees now...

and for the purists I have more screws courtesy of MNPCTECH so the top grill is all sorted:)

aluminium sheet discs for fan hubs next...

P1010944.jpg

P1010942.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
undergroundgraphics.com

Missed my delivery of perspex (i think/hope) which I will collect sat morning.

Then hopefully I can make a side panel and upload some pics for you guys!

Must order some more vinyl too...

Also ordering an adapter cable so that I can control the DDC, it's the loudest part of the system atm. The fans cant be heard they are STEALTH with shrouds :D

Soldato
OP
thanks all:)

well I've got my perspex now, think i'm going to use the tinted stuff, it looks brilliant, like it adds 'depth' and contrast to the internals instead of dimming it.

left my soldering iron in london so can't add the rest of the LED's or solder the pump to aquaero just yet:(

but it should be much more complete this time next wknd:)
watch this space

Back
Top Bottom