• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970/50 Arctic Accelero Users

Caporegime
OP
You could be onto something here matt, could be an earner in it!;)

Modded AC and the massive Alpenfohn vrm sink, jobs a good un and no more vrm worries FTW, just surprised no one else has done it tbph.

Yeah im gonna have to get one. I will end up buying a new accelero when i get a new gpu as ive fiddled with this one so much its old before its time. :D

Caporegime
OP
Rainforest site. Im looking for a solution rather than a blame but i cant seem to find anywhere that has these chip coolers in stock :(

They should send you out a new one. However id be interested in taking that current one off of your hands. I'll cover postage etc. Will drop you a trust. I could do with a new accelero even though yours is missing the heatsinks. ;)

Caporegime
OP
Yea no problem. Im guessing id have to send this one back though and they would send me a new one?
Anyway enough of trying to profit from another mans misfortune!
I wonder if you can make homemade chip coolers? ;)
Looks like im going to have to put the original cooler back on, i dont think there is a guide for that? Ive got some mx-4 dotting about i think, this will be ok for the stock cooler? GPU and vram chips?

Sorry Gelly, where are my manners?

In my defence i saw a gap in the market and i went for it. Sometimes you have to be ruthless in this world.

In other news someone else saw my post and offered me their Accelero as well so in the end...

iqS5rJf.gif

Looks like im going to have to put the original cooler back on, i dont think there is a guide for that? Ive got some mx-4 dotting about i think, this will be ok for the stock cooler? GPU and vram chips?

You only need to use it on the core, don't put it on the vram chips.

Caporegime
OP
I did notice some thermal tape on the square chips and a long strip too somewhere on the original cooler. What should i use to replace these or will it be fine with nothing?
Love the gif LtMatt well played

Just use whatever was there originally. Once you seal the shroud on it will hold it in place, if it doesn't stick there by itself already. Its grey/white thermal pads isn't it? I had it on mine. It should fit back on nicely.

Caporegime
OP
That could prove difficult cos the ones that came off on the pcb i threw away.... Obviously if id have known what was going to happen i would have kept it, i think this is turning out to be a nightmare. Not a good time with it been the weekend either

:eek:

That was a bad move Gelly. I actually have some spare ones i can give you if you want. ;)

Caporegime
OP
I for one hope that Gelly contacts the rainforest and says send me out a new one and they let him keep the old one and he gives it to me. That's what im hoping. Who's with me?

Caporegime
OP
god I didn't think it was that poor,no wonder they drop off

I did try to make that fairly clear in previous posts. :D

Now you'll have to clean it up before you can use the adhesive. Use a rubber (not a condom, especially not a used one) to wipe the G1 off of the vram/vrm pcb then go over it with some TIM cleaner or nail polish remover. (as i use :p)

Once you've cleaned off the parts you can use the adhesive.

Caporegime
OP
^^ i think im gonna use akasa thermal tape rather than the G1 then.

Rainforest site asked me for the product number, i gave them this one

qxrjex.jpg

But they questioned it and asked me to send a photo of the code
This is the right code yeah?

Tape is worse than G1. I've used all three, tape, adhesive and g1.

just played 30 minutes in crysis,need to wipe of this liquid pro and put some mx4 on though,i think its too thin to really improve temps

son6hj.jpg

before the vrm's would be just over 100c

Whats going on with the gpu core temp? I've never seen my core exceed 64c and mine is a really hot card.

Caporegime
OP
no just g1,ive just put some mx4 on the die,so ill play fc3 again n see what coretemps are now

clocks for the above were stock volts and 1050/1500mhz

What asic card and what voltage settings Wazz? I can run a comparison if you like of say Unigine or something so you can potentially see what temps you can get with the adhesive. Its pretty warm here today but it will still give you a rough idea.

Caporegime
OP
what voltage and clocks do you run for 24/7?

I think this g1 is ok aslong as you don't mess or move your pc around much,otherwise id plump for the perminant stuff

I might try for 1150/1500mhz now ive got some oc room

Various clocks.

1125/1575 - stock volts
1133/1633 - stock volts
1172/1667 - 1.138 volts
1200/1719 - 1.163 vols
1225/1750 - 1.193 volts
1250/1823 - 1.225 volts

Back
Top Bottom