Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
probably dressed like a slapper, drunk and egged on by a friend.

wallop.

anguish_zps9e81e3ce.gif

Soldato
Why exactly? Meet a girl in a club, presume she's 18. Go back to his place or wherever they went, have sex, get her number, she leaves. They arrange to meet up again some place, she dresses similarly, they go to a restaurant or maybe straight to his place.

If he went and picked her up from school the other times that is one thing. But if he was lied to the first time and he believed her to be 18, there would need to be some new event to make him think she wasn't after that.

As people have said before, it really depends entirely on circumstances, you see 20-25 year old women who could pass for 15, easily, and 15 year old girls who likewise(dressed appropriately) pass for 25 easily. if you meet someone in an adult situation where she appears over 18, is drinking, in a night club, then continues to meet her and she still looks older than 18.. .I don't see what changes that from acceptable to not at all acceptable. As said, if at some point he realised she was under 16, or it was clear from where they met or whatever, then he's an idiot.

He could just as easily have spotted her outside the gates of a school, known she was under 16 and gone after her anyway. Just pointing out, meeting up again doesn't really change things one way or the other, as before, context matters and we don't have the context in how they meet or how old she looks.

Three charges of a sexual offence, one of grooming... That's pretty damning.

If you can't tell a 15 year from a 20 year old I'm concerned, at first glance maybe... After meeting up on numerous occasions and you have to assume some kind of text contact...

Ok sure...

Caporegime

If you can't tell a 15 year from a 20 year old I'm concerned, at first glance maybe... After meeting up on numerous occasions and you have to assume some kind of text contact...

Ok sure...

Firstly no, charges aren't damning, secondly no, you can't just magically know someone's age because it suits your story. Some people look older, some people look younger and your premise is completely ridiculous.

According to you, directly at first glance someone might look over 15... what over time would change that made you believe they looked younger. Has anyone you've ever looked at looked noticeably younger the second or third time you looked at them?

What would be a normal conversation between two adults who had met in a club and had sex, exchanging numbers before one of them leaves. Meet up again, one or the other suggesting meeting up for a date or asking her to come over to his place... all completely normal behaviour. If however that woman turns out to be under 16, and you're begging her to meet up... would that not count as grooming? So would spotting a 15 year old outside a school and offering her a lift and befriending her intending to get her into bed. Without context... it's meaningless.

Most girls I knew when I was a teenager and most women I know now, go on three or four dates with a guy, it's not like the first time is all make up and the second time a woman shows up in sweat pants a t-shirt and no make up.

If you met a girl dressed up to look older in a club, chances are if you call her again and call her over to your place or out to a restaurant, she'll be in similar make up, similar clothes and look similar to how she did before.

I have no idea if he's guilty or not, she may look closer to 12 than 15, or closer to 25 than 15. I'm simply talking about the arguments being made her. Because he was charged with grooming he couldn't have met her in a club? Because he met her more than once her apparent age would change?

Soldato
Imagine thinking meeting someone in a nightclub is comparable to meeting someone outside of it...You see someone in a club, you haven't spoken to them, you've had a few drinks i could understand not noticing. Meeting someone outside of that kind of situation....utter nonsense.

Like i said before, if you can't tell the difference between a 15 year old girl and a 20 year old woman i'm concerned.

"According to you, directly at first glance someone might look over 15... what over time would change that made you believe they looked younger"

Oh i dont know...looking at them closer, speaking to them, texting them, meeting them on a few occasions might just might make it a little clearer then glancing at them in a club.

"If you met a girl dressed up to look older in a club, chances are if you call her again and call her over to your place or out to a restaurant, she'll be in similar make up, similar clothes and look similar to how she did before."

Apart from in a restaurant the lights aren't dimmed, you havent had a skinful and your looking at someone face to face, engaging in conversation with that person...you really can tell.

Man of Honour
a whole lotta speculation going on here...

Yup, innocent until proven otherwise in court.

From the club:

The club released a statement saying they would "review the matter" while the legal process takes place.

Head coach Dick Advocaat said winger Johnson would be part of the squad for Saturday's Premier League game at Stoke City (15:00 BST) if he "felt OK".

Caporegime
Imagine thinking meeting someone in a nightclub is comparable to meeting someone outside of it...You see someone in a club, you haven't spoken to them, you've had a few drinks i could understand not noticing. Meeting someone outside of that kind of situation....utter nonsense.

Thinking back to my high school days, the 15 year old girls, some could pass for 22+ EASILY, some wouldn't pass for 12, pretending this is not normal is ridiculous. Some could get served in off licences/pubs with ease, others couldn't get in the door.

One girl was almost 6ft had a deeper voice(adult woman not manly voice), great skin, intelligent, mature. When she joined the school at 15 an entire school of people couldn't remotely believe she was 15 and she got teased mercilessly about being held back and being dumb over looking so old.

If she looked 18(which is all I said, I didn't say in a certain light), if she looked 18, or even older, then that is how old you would believe she was. If she lied about her age then there is little reason to suddenly change your mind about how old she looked at some other time. That doesn't mean she did or that he ever believed she was old enough. But if she looked older than she was, then it's entirely understandable IF she misled him on purpose and she was

Soldato
Omnomnom, I don't understand why you're even making the comparison of girls aged 15 and 20. As long as he genuinely believed that she was at least 16, he's fine in the eyes of the law. Whether it's morally wrong or not is a different matter, but that's irrelevant here.

Soldato
Omnomnom, I don't understand why you're even making the comparison of girls aged 15 and 20. As long as he genuinely believed that she was at least 16, he's fine in the eyes of the law. Whether it's morally wrong or not is a different matter, but that's irrelevant here.

DM said that you can sometimes not tell the difference between a 15 year old and a 20 year old. I'm saying at first glance maybe, after numerous meet ups and conversations I'm saying goes that's ridiculous.

Basically.

Soldato

Not really. Let's assume for a minute that he actually thought this girl was of legal age, the 'grooming' charge would then be tacked on by the CPS because he was talking dirty to her and arranging to meet her over the internet or via text.

Caporegime
Right.... But I'm not that one who said that...my whole argument was how ridiculous a statement it was...?

No, it wasn't. I said a 15 year old girl can look 25 and a 25 year old can look 15(rarer, but certainly possible).

You countered that by saying if you can't tell a girl is 15 after multiple meetings you were 'worried' while also implying that because he met her 3 times, it would be easy to tell her actual age and thus it was damning for Johnson.

These aren't the same things, you didn't claim the statement was ridiculous, you merely stated matter of a factly that if someone is 15 you can easily tell this.

Kate Upton is 22, she has been modelling for what, 7-8 years, when she was first around she looked 20 and could quite easily pass for late twenties now. Selena Gomez is also 22, born a month apart. 7-8 years ago she looked about 14, today she looks about 18.

You're saying flat out, if someone is 15, you can absolutely tell she is 15, the only logical extension of this is all 15 year olds look 15, all people look their actual age. This is utter, utter nonsense. As said, Gomez/Upton are almost exactly the same age and they could easily pass for there being 10 years between them, easily. This was true when they were both 15 and it's true today when they are both 22.

Your point was quite clearly that if she is 15 then it's easy to tell she's 15, this is patently false with literally millions of examples of people who are the same age but don't remotely look to be the same age.

If I'd run into Upton in a club what 6 years ago, with how looks it wouldn't have even crossed my mind she was under age. If I ran unto Gomez today in a club I'd be worried about how young she looked.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Footballer Adam Johnson has pleaded guilty to one count of sexual activity with a child, but denied two other charges.

:eek::eek::eek: - completely forgot about this case and was not expecting this! He's also admitted he knew she was under 16.

Tommy K

Last edited:
Caporegime
The grooming charge will ruin him, must've known she was underage at the time.

RIP career.

Edit: And to think the last time he'll ever kick a football was against Liverpool and he scored. We just can't catch a break this season :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom