Aero/Gains Thread

Soldato
OP
90% of our TT's are still under British/Scottish Cycling unfortunately up here with very few CTT events. Although a considerable rise in CTT events over the past 2 years thankfully.

I am going to ride for Transition RT next season as I will be focusing on Scot Nat 10/25 again but want to do a lot more CTT and hopefully that will involve plenty in the North of England area is the plan for next year. They are BC affiliated with approved kit and also CTT affiliated etc like any other club. Kit is black with yellow fluro on top but is BC approved so SC can away tae and concentrate on illegal positions and socks instead :p

@touch - I will just do 2nd claim to MF if anything but I do not see much actual point to have primary and secondary claim clubs even if they are in totally different districts?

Soldato
Ah, that's cool then. I'm sure that any approved kit is fine between BS/SC - I dont think you can be approved for one and not the other.

I've no idea tbh what a 2nd claim means in terms of races, etc. I think the main point of having that option is to allow people to join the club and join in the chaingang and club runs whilst still being able to race for another club.

Soldato
OP
Ah, that's cool then. I'm sure that any approved kit is fine between BS/SC - I dont think you can be approved for one and not the other.

I've no idea tbh what a 2nd claim means in terms of races, etc. I think the main point of having that option is to allow people to join the club and join in the chaingang and club runs whilst still being able to race for another club.

I think you are right, clubs don't need to seek SC approval for kit and all club duties are performed in line with BC who have the dedicated clubs side of their admin team etc. so like you say, if it is fine with BC then it is automatically OK'd as far as SC are concerned.

I think 2nd claim basically aligns you to another club purely on paper. You pay your fee for the year to that club the same but you cannot represent second claim at events at all. It means you can take part in club training and everything the club does but you cannot race in the second claim club kit... it would be cool if you could TT for a team and road race for another for example. It would also be good if you could ride as your 2nd claim club if riding within that club district and your primary club is from a different district. That is how it was in athletics for us and it worked nicely. So I could ride as MF in all the local RR's and TT's but as soon as away from the Highlands at nationals and CTT events etc I could ride for TRT..... admin and policing of it though might provide hassle and put even more unfair troubles on race organisers as well with entries and ensuring all is in order.

Soldato
Club 10 this morning.

Pleasantly surprised given I'd not ridden the Speedmax since June (I think). Having made a saddle height & angle tweak I'd found comfort at last, relatively speaking. So did a little reccy of the course on Tuesday and also my Friday after work 'wind down' ride on it rather than the roadie.

I'd hoped to, obviously, beat last years time and/or power. Granted power isn't the be & all. Anyway.... did both :D 6th Overall.

I seem to be capable of matching road power which I'm not going to complain about, bang on FTP today. Definitely some low hanging fruit available on position though.

Did find I was able to surge for the last .5 miles or so but would have rather that, than fade 8 miles in. 296w/307w 5 mile splits.

It's a lumpy course with not much flat, rollers and two short climbs, 370ft overall. For perspective the KOM is 22:20~

KStNTaSl.jpg

iwwEgOAl.png.jpg

8squum9h.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The CyclingTips podcasts interviewed the design team responsible for the latest Venge (I think), quite interesting how they approached it all. Including a few 'lols' with a very literal modelling CDA program :p

Soldato
Tools too! Most of that is aero assistance probably hardly used for food storage. How would you ever get anything out of it? The fork design is certainly interesting and the handlebar is actually quite cool if you travel to race a lot. But by god it is ugly.

Soldato
Club 10 this morning.

Pleasantly surprised given I'd not ridden the Speedmax since June (I think).
Great result and figures considering your lack of time on the Speedmax! Setting it back up for the turbo over winter?

I am fed up of seeing the monstrosity plastered all over the Internet. What are they "storing" in the bloody thing? a picnic of energy gels?
It's obviously an aero fairing, which Spesh have utilised as a drink/liquid bladder. Quite a clever idea but will totally agree it makes it ugly as sin!

Bit of a shame as the front end I actually really like the look of - really aggressive and angular with those monster forks. It does look like the back and front where designed by different departments haha!

The really dropped chainstays even draw your eye to the fairing more. Gah!

I dont like that but i've grown to love the PX5. When the PX5 first came out I hated it.
I've always liked the look of the PX5, I guess because it looks groundbreaking and actually quite nice as a futuristic actual rideable 'concept'. It has clean lines and just looks 'fast'.

The Ribble Shiv/other P5x knockoffs look far uglier. :o

The CyclingTips podcasts interviewed the design team responsible for the latest Venge (I think), quite interesting how they approached it all. Including a few 'lols' with a very literal modelling CDA program :p
Got a link/date to it please?

Soldato
OP
These are definitely worth a watch guys. Super useful and some info shared which I didn't think you'd see appear online for us mortals to have free use of.
I'd love the opportunity to do this with Aerocoach.

PART 1:

PART 2:

Back
Top Bottom