Age of Conan

Associate
I just hope it runs better than Vanguard even though my specs are getting old now :*(

it's light years ahead of vanguard, in vanguard i was constantly getting killed by chars 8 lvl's or more below me due to lag spikes, in this game i have never died due to lag (i'm dieing a lot at the moment due to my net connection dieing every 5 min's %$@#ing Be* :mad: )

Soldato
Is anyone playing this able to offer their early first impressions of how good it is? I'm sure there are minor bugs, but looking past this is the game a keeper (and yes I have read through earlier posters)?

Associate
i've encountered a couple of major issues, mostly concerning quests really. the first was when i had to follow Quesada, i got jumped by loads of guys and died, returned to try again and the camera got stuck in the cut scene, so all his cronies are beating on me without me being able to do anything - i can hear all the sounds so i was waiting to die! 3rd time was fine though :)

i've also had a lock up when talking to nadina (or whatever her name is) i was talking to her and all the conversation options disappeared (both these were at night in single player mode).

in daytime last night after the server down time i couldn't get into any other location (other than buildings) i got a Playershift error of some kind, i couldn't get into any caves or dungeons or anything. other than that (and getting level 50 drops occasionally) i've had no issues, performance has been good, it looks really good and the combat is proper cool - some quality fatality moves!

i'm looking forward to getting the manual though to find out some of the stuff i've not got much idea of - feats, them points you get, weapons and armour and the like.

MMD

MMD

Associate
Go idle you will get raped and i got killed by some spawn campers

I guessed as much. So I assume because it is free-for-all (and not 2 opposing sides like in wow), that there will be no quests or tasks unless amongst guildies? Or is grouping possible and then no 'friendly fire' when grouped?

Soldato
There's a PvP Culture server, meaning it's Aquilonians vs Cimmerians vs Stygians, but only Stygians get casters, but no soldiers, Cimmerians don't have Assassins etc, meaning it will be very rock paper scissors, and organised PvP will be a nightmare.

Soldato
this is me

Octavia_picture001.png

MMD

MMD

Associate
That sounds like a hugely unbalanced situation. Doesn't really make sense to me, but I guess the developers have thought it through..

Associate
I was wondering what the pvp servers would be like i got a little ticked off with the ganking in beta so i rolled on Dragon pve server.

Does anyone else find the item drops a little off at times i have had 2-3 times i have got a lvl 50 drop killing a lvl 17 or 18?

J86

J86

Associate
just got my serial from the big P.com, but when i go to register it on register.ageofconan.com, it says its invalid. any ideas?

Associate
Can anyone advise me on how well this will run on my PC ? I really like the look of this game but am not sure if my GFX card is up to it (i've also got a widescreen monitor and run most games at 1680x1050 if that makes a difference)

Intel core 2 duo E6600 (Overclocked to 3.2Ghz)
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512mb

many thanks !

Last edited:
Associate
Can anyone advise me on how well this will run on my PC ? I really like the look of this game but am not sure if my GFX card is up to it.

Intel core 2 duo E6600
4GB RAM
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro 512mb

many thanks !

You should be able to run medium quite well at 1680×1050. You may get some of the high settings at a push.

I have the same CPU and also 4GB but I've got the 8800GTX. I'm running everything on high at 1680×1050 and I get anything from 30fps(in town) and upwards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom