Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

BFG_9000 said:
Got a spare Akasa top lid panel...looking to get a single 120mm fan fitted to get rid of the top excess hot air.....Good to hear if anyone has done this and the temp diffrence to a top exhaust fan fitted... :cool:

BFG, about 6 months ago I got a mate to do just this.
To be honest it only made 3-4 degrees difference to case temps at the time. And I think this is because the fan sits very high on front of the psu area and not closer to the cpu area as on the tj09.

Incidentally did you have a tj09 and move to the eclipse ? wondering why ?

Flanno said:
BFG, about 6 months ago I got a mate to do just this.
To be honest it only made 3-4 degrees difference to case temps at the time. And I think this is because the fan sits very high on front of the psu area and not closer to the cpu area as on the tj09.

Incidentally did you have a tj09 and move to the eclipse ? wondering why ?
Yes tried the TJ09, was very dissapointed with the case layout, for one example, I wanted to simply replace the internal centre factory fan for an Akasa LED fan, the centre case fan housing was a nightmare to remove, with all the screws in un-excessable reach when components are installed into the case, not a good design at all, can't imagine if you wanted to get to the fan filter to clean it, The Akasa's design seems flawless, all panels removable through-out, bay cages removable, excellent cooling, very high build quality, all in all a builders dream, the only limitation the Akasa has is the owners imagination, you only have to look at this thread to see the fantastic builds and mods this case has offered..... :D

BFG_9000 said:
How big is the Tuniq Tower.

Its pretty big but more than enough room around it to work with. It requires a back plate which you have to remove the motherboard to fit.

Great cooler tho, 32c idle / 48c load E6300 @ 3.22Ghz @ 1.45v

faicec said:
Exactly the same cooler as that showin in this post (a page or so back).

^^ Photo of the Tuniq tower fitting in my rig.

markyb said:
Its pretty big but more than enough room around it to work with. It requires a back plate which you have to remove the motherboard to fit.

Great cooler tho, 32c idle / 48c load E6300 @ 3.22Ghz @ 1.45v

^^ Photo of the Tuniq tower fitting in my rig.
Can you fit a 120mm fan to these coolers.

A 120mm is fitted as standard in the middle of the heatsink. You can't see the fan unless you look at the cooler from the bottom. The black top unscrews and lifts up to revel a 120mm fan.

You can replace the 120mm fan. :)

Not to sure you would see much light around the Heatsink, the fins are very close together.

The new version of the Tuniq tower has a blue LED fan which can be found here

Anyone got photos of a Akasa top panel mod with fan fitted... thinking of fitting either 80/92 or 120mm fan, still looking for sites that offers a modification service to drill the relevent fan holes.... Recomendations welcome :D

BFG_9000 said:
Yes tried the TJ09, was very dissapointed with the case layout, for one example, I wanted to simply replace the internal centre factory fan for an Akasa LED fan, the centre case fan housing was a nightmare to remove, with all the screws in un-excessable reach when components are installed into the case, not a good design at all, can't imagine if you wanted to get to the fan filter to clean it, The Akasa's design seems flawless, all panels removable through-out, bay cages removable, excellent cooling, very high build quality, all in all a builders dream, the only limitation the Akasa has is the owners imagination, you only have to look at this thread to see the fantastic builds and mods this case has offered..... :D

Yes had both, and think the Akasa is better value for money allright.
Some people though have complained about the front fan airflow being blocked by drives, but that's easily fixed with the sidepanel. Would definitely consider the Akasa again if building a new rig.

Back
Top Bottom