Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Flanno said:
Yes had both, and think the Akasa is better value for money allright.
Some people though have complained about the front fan airflow being blocked by drives, but that's easily fixed with the sidepanel. Would definitely consider the Akasa again if building a new rig.

Totally agree with you with the front drive bay obstructing the 120mm fan, simple solution is to remove both the hard-drive caddy and the floppy-drive caddy, which then completely frees any fan obstruction. I then bought a Vant** HDD 5.25 twin fan cooler and placed it in the upper 5.25 bays. This gave me maximum cooling from front fan without any hard-drives warming up the air as it comes into the case..... and it looks much tidier as well.. ;) If you want pics just ask.. :D

I guessed its time to post mine :D Have this case for so long, never bothered posting it ... *lazy*

ake62a.gif

ake62.gif

Never good at cable management, at least I have tried :S

Any way of making my cables more tidy?

For starters you cooler is in the worst place possible, the fan is going to be fighting convection.

Orientate it so it blows air out the back of the pc or to the power supply.

Cables are easy to hide, use the 2 plastic locks that are behind the hdd cage and hide power/data cables behind the drive cages.

Hrm, yea I did think of the coolers, CPU is facing not directly over to the PSU fan, so which is ok I think...

The back 120mm fan is sucking out the air, and meanwhile the front 120mm fan is blowing in....

Is that ok? Or maybe I required to change a new CPU cooler?

Zen said:
I guessed its time to post mine :D Have this case for so long, never bothered posting it ... *lazy*

ake62a.gif

ake62.gif

Never good at cable management, at least I have tried :S

Any way of making my cables more tidy?
Have you got the backing plates off for any reason, not good if you want to keep the dust out, would recommend blanking any extra banks out.. ;)

BFG_9000 said:
Totally agree with you with the front drive bay obstructing the 120mm fan, simple solution is to remove both the hard-drive caddy and the floppy-drive caddy, which then completely frees any fan obstruction. I then bought a Vant** HDD 5.25 twin fan cooler and placed it in the upper 5.25 bays. This gave me maximum cooling from front fan without any hard-drives warming up the air as it comes into the case..... and it looks much tidier as well.. ;) If you want pics just ask.. :D

Would like to see some pics allright if you don't mind :)

the "honeycomb" at the bottom - do people leave that open or seal it up ?

I've sealed it up for 2 reasons

(1) its not an area I want air to go out of - I want it to follow the path of the fans so to speak

(2) I don't want air sucked up there - as I use filters on all my intakes and don't want a dusty case.

Mark.

finally removed all the tape ....

ps - anyone have any problems at the PCI fixing end ?

mine since installing 9 months back - doesn't seem to line up quite right - don't know how to describe it - but when you try and install the screws for the PCI cards -the holes in the board/and case don't line up - very frustrating.

Mark.

/steps cautiously into thread

Evening, have a quick questions or two for you lot:

1. Does the Eclipse come with fans or not? The description on the site says it comes with two, yet ya'll say it doesn't?

2. Anyone tried fitting 120mm Noctua fans in it? I'll be ordering the case in a week or two along with the side window (evil mode ahoy), and just want to make sure...Obviously they'd fit like, but just in case there's some really odd..er..thing that stops them from fitting..Um, you know what I'm saying. :D

BFG_9000 said:
Have you got the backing plates off for any reason, not good if you want to keep the dust out, would recommend blanking any extra banks out.. ;)

Oh I was cleaning them earlier, normally I have them on, to keep dust out...

Well the thing is, I would love to re-sit my CPU cooler the other way round, but it would be blowing into the GPU :/

And then there isnt much choice, as the CPU cooler bracket is facing one direction only, either up or down. Unless its moveable that I didnt know of....

Buckster said:
finally removed all the tape ....

ps - anyone have any problems at the PCI fixing end ?

mine since installing 9 months back - doesn't seem to line up quite right - don't know how to describe it - but when you try and install the screws for the PCI cards -the holes in the board/and case don't line up - very frustrating.

Mark.
Hi Mark, This is one reason apart from the other million reasons why I bought an Akasa Eclipse, I have experianced on many cases the alignment of the back of the case to installing PCI cards, to be more specific, when you install the graphics card for instance, the hole in the back plate and the rear of the graphics card should line up, otherwise you will be unable to screw the card to the rear of the case. With the Eclipse, if you put a PCI card in and the Case/Card screw holes don't line up, the solution is to move the Motherboard tray from the base side out about 2mm, push the top of the back panel of the motherboard tray to the case to check allignment, once you are happy and the Case/Card screw holes are lined up, screw top back (3 screws) panel to case, finally the last two screws which fit the Motherboard tray to case can be fitted, the slight gap where the tray and case are I use 3 little fibre washers between the case and back panel on the screw to fill the small gap, so it is nice an tight fit. If you would like and pictures to what I have explained, just let me know. Basically and removable motherboard tray can be moved and alligned as desired to ensure cards and case meet. hope I have been of some help... :D

Back
Top Bottom