Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

yes- thanks for that - will try.

it was enough that for instance my X1900XT after 6 months in situe - was slightly bent LOL! seriously - you could see the bend in it

actually let me digest that post in detail tomorrow (got "late" head on at the moment) - and if needed some piccies might be good actually :) (much appreciated)

it had been my only minor complaint with this case

Buckster said:
yes- thanks for that - will try.

it was enough that for instance my X1900XT after 6 months in situe - was slightly bent LOL! seriously - you could see the bend in it
Do exactly as I have suggested and you will have no trouble alligning cards in the Akasa, it is such a simple solution, this is why I bought this case it is so adaptable, again if you want some pics just ask..... ;) :D

Buckster said:
daft question - but why not having it facing the back ? ie the normal way round ?

m2n32.gif

Look at the bracket....

m2n32a.gif

Have another closer look at the bracket...

See what I mean? Trust me I already have eliminated the idea of turning my CPU cooler the other way... infact thats the first thing I thought of... :D

waso_dude said:
anyone know if i remove the HDD caddy in this case and can fit a 120.1 radiator in place of it?

The HDD caddy clips in/out, haven't tried a rad. in there yet though, where would you mount your hard drives though? (unless you used the 5.25" slots with spacers)

Cuchulain said:
The HDD caddy clips in/out, haven't tried a rad. in there yet though, where would you mount your hard drives though? (unless you used the 5.25" slots with spacers)

Exactly where i was planning to, or in the floppy drive bays.

waso_dude said:
anyone know if i remove the HDD caddy in this case and can fit a 120.1 radiator in place of it?

Yes it will fit no problem, mate.

I've tried a Black Ice Pro and a Thermochill PA120.1 (you can also mount them infront of the rear case fan.)

I see a lot of ppl fit the Akasa Acoustic Absorption Mat, does it really works? Like silent out your PC by how much dB? Would it also make your PC much more hot?

Welcome to one of the few downfalls of the eclipse, it amplifies hard drive noise, it doesn't help that a raptor is louder than most hard drives as well.

(Try and imagine 6 hard drives :eek: )

The best way to silence the raptor is to shove it in a caddy of some sorts, any one should do the trick. Imo ones with active cooling and a fancy display would go nicely with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom