Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Cheers for the nice comments :)

With regards to the cable, will any IDE rounded cable do?

I heard the pin layout was *slightly* different, involved having to poke a hole to get it to work with the X-Fi bay.

I'm probably wrong though :p

Dan7 said:
Cheers for the nice comments :)

With regards to the cable, will any IDE rounded cable do?

I heard the pin layout was *slightly* different, involved having to poke a hole to get it to work with the X-Fi bay.

I'm probably wrong though :p
As I explained you need to find one with two connectors rather than three, one pin is blocked out on the cabled with 3 plugs so will not work.

Just got my eclipse after getting annoyed with my old thermaltake soprano, this case is quality. just so easy to work with, and the fans that come with this case are about 1 million times quieter than the ones in my soprano, i had to check if they were on when i first switched my rig on.

could anyone tell me whats the best way to remove the hard drive bay??? as i dont even use it.

SNC10405.jpg

SNC10404.jpg

Last edited:
Just got my eclipse after getting annoyed with my old thermaltake soprano, this case is quality. just so easy to work with, and the fans that come with this case are about 1 million times quieter than the ones in my soprano, i had to check if they were on when i first switched my rig on.

could anyone tell me whats the best way to remove the hard drive bay??? as i dont even use it.

Hot swap drives eh? fancy :p

If memory serves the HDD bay has screws located behind the front panel ;)

You undo the screws then pull the knob thing towards you at the front and you will hear it click out
then just pull forwards the cage.

Last edited:
You have to take the front plastic panel off, undo, i think 4 screws that keep the cage clamped to the front of the case. You then need to pull the small plastic knob that has two screws either side of it until it clicks and then undo both screws that are on either side, should come free no problem. :)

Has anyone got images of a Mirage with a Kama bay fitted ? there seems to be large gaps around it when fitted in mine, enough to make me wonder about wether itd be a good idea to fill the gaps in with some foam.

You have to take the front plastic panel off, undo, i think 4 screws that keep the cage clamped to the front of the case. You then need to pull the small plastic knob that has two screws either side of it until it clicks and then undo both screws that are on either side, should come free no problem. :)

That was simple enough, cheers guys, i only asked as i could have swore i saw someone say they cut theres off?!? Just doing that has droped the case temps down a feew degrees!!

All i need now is a sata dvd drive and some longer sata cables and i will be happy:p

That was simple enough, cheers guys, i only asked as i could have swore i saw someone say they cut theres off?!? Just doing that has droped the case temps down a feew degrees!!

All i need now is a sata dvd drive and some longer sata cables and i will be happy:p

What is the name/make of the HDD enclosure you're using?

I might steal that idea for my Eclipse :p

edit: Is it the Icy Dock?
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-019-BT&groupid=701&catid=14&subcat=72

Certainly looks very similar... I may have just answered my own question :o

Cool, cheers :)

I'm toying between the idea of a Kama bay or that hot-swappable drive configuration.

Haven't bought the Eclipse yet, but I'll be grabbing one come September

Get the Icydock it helps to cool the case aswell or it seems to anyway when i put my hand behind it, the fan on the back seems to suck cold air in from the front and blow into the case. :confused:

SNC10405.jpg

SNC10404.jpg

Like the HDD 5.25 bays... ;)

Back
Top Bottom