Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Nice rig BFG!

Specs?

And what is that stock cooler doing there?!!?! :mad:

Thanks "lay-z-boy" Specs: Core 2 Duo E6850, 4GB Ballistix, XFX 8800 GTS XXX Edition 640MB, Gigabytes P35 DQ6, 500GB HD & Creative Labs Gamer Extreme Sound Card... Kept stock cooler as I am not going to overclock, its keeping CPU nice and cool..:D The way the case is layed out, all components are getting excellent airflow, really pleased with build..:D

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

Nice case to work in, watercooling to come :)

having a bit of an onboard audio problem but im sure it will be sorted soon

SG

Last edited:
BFG - where did you get that bendy ram cooling fan from please ?

anyone find the Karma drive bay coolers rather annoying to clean ? IE to clean out the filter you have to remove the whole lot !

Mark.

Heres some pics of the inside

(other stick of ram was faulty, then got lost in the mail, :mad:)

i never realised the hdd's fit in the floppy bay.. ^^ maybe i should move em and take out the hdd bay

Last edited:
anyone find the Karma drive bay coolers rather annoying to clean ? IE to clean out the filter you have to remove the whole lot !

Mark.

Yes, and the bottom of the filter kept getting sucked out to catch on the fan I have in there (faster than the 800rpm one that comes with it). I just took out the filter and run the fan at 7V to reduce the noise (was noticabley noiser without the filter).

BFG - where did you get that bendy ram cooling fan from please ?

Mark.

Before just run the hoover over the front of it...it removes all the dust///then just wipe the front clean. Worked a treat. You will only have to remove it every so often to give it a proper clean.
I actually removed the filter a few weks ago...as it improved the airflow a bit.

Wow, you get so much more extra room by not using the HDD bays :eek:

Are the HDD bays attached to the FDD bays?
Can you take just the HDD bay out and leave the FDD bay still in? :)

Gaaaahhh.... can't wait to build my rig now.
Looks like I'm going to have to wait until November 1st though before I can buy all my components.

Will probably pick up the Eclipse, window, cathodes and any other mods I'll have on it pretty soon though. Then just buy the GFX/CPU/mobo etc... next month.

Wow, you get so much more extra room by not using the HDD bays :eek:

Are the HDD bays attached to the FDD bays?
Can you take just the HDD bay out and leave the FDD bay still in? :)

Gaaaahhh.... can't wait to build my rig now.
Looks like I'm going to have to wait until November 1st though before I can buy all my components.

Will probably pick up the Eclipse, window, cathodes and any other mods I'll have on it pretty soon though. Then just buy the GFX/CPU/mobo etc... next month.

Yep.. You can detach the lower HDD Bay and leave the FDD Bay, or as shown on mine..remove both, great case to work with...:D

stuff the window took it out replaced all screws will silver caps, rubber edged all the window.

notfinishediu1.jpg

silver fan is blowing on mobo/ghx card, needs securing better, but is really still secure at the moment.

Why is the fan on the outside?

Fans move more air when they push rather than pull. Not to mention less noise.

And you have removed your side window? :( Bad for airflow in the case but meh.

Back
Top Bottom