Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Are those light switches on the bezel...:cool:

Yea a little bit of dremelling, i'm terrible at things like that, but I surprised myself. I think it looks good. Little bit more cable tidying and i'll be sorted. Was very impressed with the case. Last time I bought the Antec lanboy and there just wasn't enough space. This was a dream to work with.

Hi there,
I just bought this case and I am very impressed with it.

I just wish there were a few more holes drilled into the metalwork verticals inside the case so that you can get cable ties though to neaten the cables up. Lets get the drill out !!

Also,how do you get the front bezel off? Scared of breaking it. I have the sides off and can prize back the lugs on the left hand side of the bezel. However, I cant see how you remove the right hand side without undue force.:confused:

Cheers,

Hi there,
I just bought this case and I am very impressed with it.

I just wish there were a few more holes drilled into the metalwork verticals inside the case so that you can get cable ties though to neaten the cables up. Lets get the drill out !!

Also,how do you get the front bezel off? Scared of breaking it. I have the sides off and can prize back the lugs on the left hand side of the bezel. However, I cant see how you remove the right hand side without undue force.:confused:

Cheers,

There are three clips on each side on the front bezel attaching it to the case, to release... unclip the top two pushing out together * Always Push Out The Clips In Pairs* then the middle two clips and finally the two bottom clips, the front bezel will then come away from the case without using any force...;) Note: The top right hand clip is a bit fiddly to get too, as the frame restricts you getting your hole finger on the clip to release it... just use your finger nail to push it out.. the middle and lower clips on the front bezel are easier to get to...;)

Last edited:
Hmm sounds like mine is slightly different.
Presumed it was the same as the current Eclipses :p

All the front "Akasa Eclipse 62" bezels I presume are the same in the way they are attached to the case, I haven't seen any variations on any as yet.. both mine are two years apart and are attached the same way...:cool:

That is my Globalwin :p

It is pretty much identical to an Akasa Eclipse but there are a few slight differences. I've never owned An Akasa one and have never had a chance to take a really good look at one, always assumed they were the same :p

spent the whole day on this, and im half and half on the out come.
Before -

DSC00062.jpg

woke up this morning feeling productive, took my pc apart, whilst marking the mobo tray as to where to cut my holes,

DSC00064.jpg

Then i take the tray to my Workshop a.k.a my garage and get the "usual" Tools out HOWEVER me being a trumpet forgot that the tray wasnt the average piece of scrap metal and started using the wrong tools:crying: Not dishearten by the mess as i want the tray to be powder coated at some stage to make everything inside the case black :) so when i finally get round to doing my WC the UV will standout a lot more.
Problem two - My Father. my loving father being the kind of guy he is, e.g. a busy git, decided he would take most of my tools so he could finish a job off down the gower, after a few cups of tea and looking at the tools i had left i painstakingly Multi-Drilled around my markings before dremelling the hell out of it, chuck in a lot of time filing by hand:( left me with what i got now

DSC00065.jpg

next thing i got to do now is cut a hole at the side of the case where the psu is to allow the 24pin and 4 pin cables to reach the holes properly, might tidy up the holes i made today, grab a few longer sata cables and last but not least get it powdercoated so that it looks a lot smarter

any comments good or bad welcome

SG

Last edited:
spent the whole day on this

[SNIP]

any comments good or bad welcome

It's certainly significantly tidier, not that it was a mess before.

I suspect the photograph doesn't do it justice either. If the SATA cables were black or grey it would also tone them out a bit.

I suspect you're suffering from small-mod fatigue. You've had to do a lot of work for what is actually a very minor visual tweak. Anyone who knows what they are looking at will appreciate the effort though.

It's interesting that you use the phase half and half, because it is only half-done. Do the final couple of cuts for the PSU cables and I think you'll be surprised how many really positive comments you get.

The more I look at it. the more I think it's very, very good indeed. Clean. Rather than blacking out the motherboard tray, why not make it white so the exceptionally clean lines of the interior stand out?

making the tray black because there will be some lovely UV Watercooling going in so by making it black the edges i have cut will be hidden making the cables more secretive :phopefully i can get the case cut later today :)

there is one pre cut hole on the tray but i wanted the holes closer to the connections, it was struggle to get the cables to reach in the first place, order 3 x 1metre sata cables and once i cut the side of the case to allow the psu cables to drop through it should look a lot better

a few sleeving kits then to make most the wiring black along with a powdercoated mobo tray and it should look sweet as. chuck in a few watercooling goods and some lighting and i could almost say it is finished :p

there is one pre cut hole on the tray but i wanted the holes closer to the connections, it was struggle to get the cables to reach in the first place, order 3 x 1metre sata cables and once i cut the side of the case to allow the psu cables to drop through it should look a lot better

a few sleeving kits then to make most the wiring black along with a powdercoated mobo tray and it should look sweet as. chuck in a few watercooling goods and some lighting and i could almost say it is finished :p

Are you powder-coating motherboard tray yourself..:cool:

Back
Top Bottom