Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Yeah so erm... CRAP PICS INC!

as you can see i never actually bothered to tidy this beast :D

photo0007uh6.jpg

photo0008rt4.jpg

photo0010ca8.jpg

sorry about poor photos, i'm too lazy to move my PC into proper light or go unpack my proper camera ;)

I know exactly what I need to do, looking at it, to tidy the thing up...im just FAR too lazy to bother

- Pea0n

edit - just noticed my RAM sticks, i'm hoping they are in the right slots, been ages since i built the thing...GA-K8NF-9 O.o

I think the morning i build the thing i was half drunk :D only ever opened it up to clean it ;) well hey maybe tomorrow ill jiggle it round, mebbe reverse the HDD and bin the floppy drive if i can be arsed, then get a half decent pic out of it :)

- Pea0n

Hey guys,

Sorry being off topic, if you have to chose between this and Antec 900, which one would you go with? In terms of cooling as well?

Definetly the Akasa, offers a lot more room and cooling properties over the Antec 900...;) tha Antec still has a lot to offer, but the Akasa in my view pips it to the post...:cool:

quick up date, motherboard tray has been sent to the powdercoater, should have that back in about a week or so.

next things on my list of changings are to make the hdd a bit more quiet, tried reversing them aswel to hide the cabling more but the cabling seemed to give me a lot of trouble, not a lot of room to tidy the cables so its a really tight fit so i have decided to leave them as they are.

also got to cut a hole for the PSU leads to fall out of and last but no means least think i will change the standard fans to some (7v) sharkoon's :)

quick up date, motherboard tray has been sent to the powdercoater, should have that back in about a week or so.

next things on my list of changings are to make the hdd a bit more quiet, tried reversing them aswel to hide the cabling more but the cabling seemed to give me a lot of trouble, not a lot of room to tidy the cables so its a really tight fit so i have decided to leave them as they are.

also got to cut a hole for the PSU leads to fall out of and last but no means least think i will change the standard fans to some (7v) sharkoon's :)

Is powder coating very expensive to get done, been thinking about doing a few panels myself..

I really wish I had those 3 holes in my motherboard tray as it would be so much easier to tidy up my cabling but I only have the one at the bottom right which is pretty much useless for cable routing. I'm loathe to cut them out myself but I am getting a little tempted by the prospect of doing so and also considering maybe drilling a small hole towards the near rear side of the PSU to enable easy fan wire cabling so I don't have to keep removing the PSU to pull out the Motherboard tray.

Anyway been a while since I last posted pictures of my Mirage setup and it's been updated a fair bit recently so here are a few:

OLD:

PC05.jpg

PC02.jpg

CURRENT:

PC09.jpg

PC10a.jpg

PC10b.jpg

Link of the above picture in full size for closer scrutiny:
http://www.saigoyume.com/images/Misc/PC10c.jpg

I still need to tidy up the cabling a bit better but I plan to get an 3HDD Icy Box to keep my HD's in maybe towards the end of next month so I can tidy up a bit when I install it.

Last edited:
I really wish I had those 3 holes in my motherboard tray as it would be so much easier to tidy up my cabling but I only have the one at the bottom right which is pretty much useless for cable routing. I'm loathe to cut them out myself but I am getting a little tempted by the prospect of doing so and also considering maybe drilling a small hole towards the near rear side of the PSU to enable easy fan wire cabling so I don't have to keep removing the PSU to pull out the Motherboard tray.

Anyway been a while since I last posted pictures of my Mirage setup and it's been updated a fair bit recently so here are a few:

OLD:

PC05.jpg

PC02.jpg

CURRENT:

PC09.jpg

PC10a.jpg

PC10b.jpg

Link of the above picture in full size for closer scrutiny:
http://www.saigoyume.com/images/Misc/PC10c.jpg

I still need to tidy up the cabling a bit better but I plan to get an 3HDD Icy Box to keep my HD's in maybe towards the end of next month so I can tidy up a bit when I install it.

Nice transformation..:cool: Good to see a CRT again :D Still got my CTX 19" for gaming, you definetly get deeper and richer colour in games over the TFT's (seen a lot of TFT's playing the top titles, and most look washed out) a lot of people are still trying to source CRT's for gaming as they give superior colour and response time for applications (Games especially) :cool:

my advice would be to get some strong drill bits. theses motherboard trays are gits to drill and cut. hoping to get my tray back from the powdercoater *ha sounds like a superhero :p* some time soon, expect pics and some better cable management :D:D

my advice would be to get some strong drill bits. theses motherboard trays are gits to drill and cut. hoping to get my tray back from the powdercoater *ha sounds like a superhero :p* some time soon, expect pics and some better cable management :D:D

Never seen a powder coated Akasa Eclipse Motherboard tray, looking forward to pics...:cool:

depends on the type of finish i get on the mobo tray, as the mirage is already black :p however i have another case mod that might be happening soon, just waiting for some details to get back to me;)

depends on the type of finish i get on the mobo tray, as the mirage is already black :p however i have another case mod that might be happening soon, just waiting for some details to get back to me;)

I know the mirage is black..:D I asked because most powdercoat finishes have a matt effect, where as the retail paint on the Eclipse's are of a gloss finish...;) give us a hint on your next projo...:cool:

Back
Top Bottom