Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Just joined the club! - very nice case and a good airflow.

Cables need a little sort out but that can wait til I get a few more SATA cables.

64599738ub6.jpg

* Had to change the orientation of the GFX cooler. It was getting a little too hot!

26737583nm3.jpg

* Move the GFX cooler but had to also move one of the heatsinks as it got in the way!

56053004fn0.jpg

Not sure if anyone else had a little trouble lining up the motherboard with the case? - I have a little gap between the backing plates and all the ports on the back of the motherboard? - Can post a pic if you have no idea what I am talking about!

Last edited:
What d'ya mean m8? Something to do with the resisitor in series? How would I do that?

Google search for "molex 7v mod" I've got a 12cm Thermaltake Thunderblade, 78cfm so quite loud. Modded to 7v is more acceptable and still shifts plenty of air (used on videocard)

Not sure if anyone else had a little trouble lining up the motherboard with the case? - I have a little gap between the backing plates and all the ports on the back of the motherboard? - Can post a pic if you have no idea what I am talking about!

Post a pic :) always helps

on another note, your hard drive bay, worth the money over using hdd rack or fdd rack ?

Just joined the club! - very nice case and a good airflow.

Cables need a little sort out but that can wait til I get a few more SATA cables.

64599738ub6.jpg

* Had to change the orientation of the GFX cooler. It was getting a little too hot!

26737583nm3.jpg

* Move the GFX cooler but had to also move one of the heatsinks as it got in the way!

56053004fn0.jpg

Excellent build...:cool: would be interested to see the gap you mentioned?? did your PCI cards allign with the back of the case screw holes ok, enabling you to screw the cards to the back of the case.

Post a pic :) always helps

on another note, your hard drive bay, worth the money over using hdd rack or fdd rack ?

Thanks for the comments guys!

Here is a pic (or two) of the gap I was talking about!

img1935mv5.jpg

img1938xk0.jpg

My GFX card for example does not line up with the screw holes to keep it in place... I have to give it a little squeeze to line it up and the screw it down.

i can see what you mean now, i believe its because manufacturers batch make motherboards etc and then it would be a lot to expect that the case manufacturers could make the holes for the motherboard standoffs perfect for every motherboard, with mine i had to squeese the gfx in to place a little but it hasnt given me any problems :)

is it giving you problems connecting leads to your pc ? or did you not know whether it was just yours that is like this ?

SG

Thanks for the comments guys!

Here is a pic (or two) of the gap I was talking about!

img1935mv5.jpg

img1938xk0.jpg

My GFX card for example does not line up with the screw holes to keep it in place... I have to give it a little squeeze to line it up and the screw it down.

Do you have any GFX card allignment pics with the back of the case, just to see how far the card and screw holes are off..;)

Quietest rear 120mm fan

Guys,
I installed a Scyth S-FLEX 1600 in te rear of my Eclipse. I have had to unplug it, its too noisy.

I have the same fan at the bottom front and it seems not that noisy.

Do you think it's worth cutting out the hexagonal cutout thing at the back of the case (where the fan vents out) so the fan can blow out unimpeded? Anyoen done this? I feel that the noise could be due to a "whistling" effect with the air blowing through.

Likewise with the front, The Sycth has to suck air through the bottom plastic grill which impeds the flow (infact, if I put my hand in behind this lower front fan - I removed the lower drive cage for improved air flow - I can hardly feel anything).

I also installed a Kama Bay at the top front with the Akasa Blue LED fan to make it look nice. Again, can;t feel much air. I also removed the air filter on both the top and bottom front fans.

I am not sure I have my airflows set up correctly....

Any help...

Guys,
I installed a Scyth S-FLEX 1600 in te rear of my Eclipse. I have had to unplug it, its too noisy.

I have the same fan at the bottom front and it seems not that noisy.

Do you think it's worth cutting out the hexagonal cutout thing at the back of the case (where the fan vents out) so the fan can blow out unimpeded? Anyoen done this? I feel that the noise could be due to a "whistling" effect with the air blowing through.

Likewise with the front, The Sycth has to suck air through the bottom plastic grill which impeds the flow (infact, if I put my hand in behind this lower front fan - I removed the lower drive cage for improved air flow - I can hardly feel anything).

I also installed a Kama Bay at the top front with the Akasa Blue LED fan to make it look nice. Again, can;t feel much air. I also removed the air filter on both the top and bottom front fans.

I am not sure I have my airflows set up correctly....

Any help...

Would'nt cut the hexagonal grill from the case, it wont make any diffrence to the airflow, any pics M8...;)

Should be getting mine into primer shortly, I have truly fell in love with this case!

look out for project Crysis lads :D

SGWILLs: ill have a look at the tray in mine and see if it can be painted or not... cant really see a problem with it though.

p.s how come mine has only one big hole, not three?

Rb

Should be getting mine into primer shortly, I have truly fell in love with this case!

SGWILLs: ill have a look at the tray in mine and see if it can be painted or not... cant really see a problem with it though.

Rb
Have found all Akasa Eclipses are now shipped with one motherboard tray hole rather than the usual three....:confused: can't see any logical reason why the design was changed. By the way R B Customs... Like your Bio-Shock case mod that you are currently building 10/10 ;):cool:

Rb

Back
Top Bottom