Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

wooooo

for a short period of time, im in your club :D

i have to say this case is beyond my expectations.

It is a DREAM to paint! screw, screw, twist, click and every paintable panel is off :D

the biggest let down is the cheapie front panel, but apart form that i love it

I have used pretty much every case on the market and this is up there with the best

bit of bad news, the coater said he had problems when trying to apply the coating to the tray, should have an update tonight about it :(

It could be that the motherboard tray is chromed rather than polished aluminium. I've never actually heard of anyone powdercoating a chromed surface before so it might need to be dechromed before the powdercoat will adhere properly. That's assuming it's not just polished, which I must be honest, I always thought it was.

I still have the CNC data for the hoojum fronts I had made 18 months ago. I can get you an identical part (including front panel blanks) made in magnesium for about £500. That's based on the fact that the whole design and setup cost me £2200 and I got 4 fronts out of it, none of which sold for £500:rolleyes:

The problerm with the cheapie front is that no-one was prepared to pay £100 for a metal front, and that's about what the actual cost would have been had I got a production batch of 50 or 100 made up by the time that I'd packaged them, shipped them and underwritten a guarantee for 12 months. There just aren't enough sufficiently enthusiastic Eclipse owners out there to get a production batch made.

And then no-one could decide what front they actually wanted. This was pre-Mirage so some wanted a door, others wanted a PC-7 style front etc. etc. and I only actually got 3 serious people responding to my request for interest.

And before you ask for photographs, it looked exactly like the existing front, it was just milled from a piece of magnesium and anodized black, so it just looks identical to a bog-standard Eclipse. It certainly feels nice in the flesh, but ultimately it's a waste of money looking for a better front. I know.:rolleyes:

wooooo

for a short period of time, im in your club :D

i have to say this case is beyond my expectations.

It is a DREAM to paint! screw, screw, twist, click and every paintable panel is off :D

I have used pretty much every case on the market and this is up there with the best

R B Customs welcome....:cool: A complete re-design of the front panel of the Akasa is definetly due, I was hoping the "V2" of the Eclipse was going to produce some welcome changes..:cool: Mabey "V3" eh!!! ;)

It could be that the motherboard tray is chromed rather than polished aluminium. I've never actually heard of anyone powdercoating a chromed surface before so it might need to be dechromed before the powdercoat will adhere properly. That's assuming it's not just polished, which I must be honest, I always thought it was.

Still waiting for the guy to get back to me as to why they couldnt do it however they have done similar in the past and he didnt say it wouldnt work when it was sent off.

shall keep you all up date when i find out :)

SG

ran in to a bit of trouble :(

the guy said that it cant be done (confused a little, waiting for some more info) HOWEVER from what he can gather, one of the trainee's had started filing and sanding the Tray so in effect has broken it :p been told they can try and spray it or they will try and source a new motherboard tray for me.

Doh!

ran in to a bit of trouble :(

the guy said that it cant be done (confused a little, waiting for some more info) HOWEVER from what he can gather, one of the trainee's had started filing and sanding the Tray so in effect has broken it :p been told they can try and spray it or they will try and source a new motherboard tray for me.

Doh!

How can they break the motherboard tray just doing a powdercoat, the Akasa's motherboard tray is a pretty strong piece of kit...:confused: Sorry to hear the bad news M8...:mad:

Back
Top Bottom