Akasa Eclipse 62's Club... Desktop & Machines.

Has anybody modded the Eclipse 62 to have a mesh grill side rather than the window? If so, any pics/tips?

i was looking at meshing a window on the side of mine but i thought it might make a dust issue.

tips on it thou - fine tooth jigsaw to cut the mesh or a handsaw, jigsaw and file to cut and smooth window design, and then either black hex bolts or No more nails to secure it :p

i was looking at meshing a window on the side of mine but i thought it might make a dust issue.

tips on it thou - fine tooth jigsaw to cut the mesh or a handsaw, jigsaw and file to cut and smooth window design, and then either black hex bolts or No more nails to secure it :p

A mesh side window I think would'nt do the Akasa Eclipse any justice, as you correctly stated it would be a dust magnet with all those open grills. Windowed side panel all the way...:cool:

as promised a little insight to what im doing next ;)

DSC00080.jpg

monkey mascot in the pic :) keep your eyes open will be posting a worklog some time soon

browsing through this thread I think I have decided I want one of these. The Antec 900 keeps everything extremely cool but I don't like the wire management and it's a terrible watercooling case...and it certainly isn't a pretty case.

The Akasa 62 looks awesome with the paxmate and watercooling. I wonder if I'll be able to score one in the MM :)

hmm just looked at how expensive they are.

TBH I am considering the Lian Li PC7 as well. I won't have money for a week or two so I suppose I'll just scout and take whatever deal I can find.
The PC7 is a very good case but it's not a great case like the Eclipse. It feels very cramped to work on compared with the Eclipse.

not the best pic in the world, but I'm finding the eclipse a bit tight for space :(

Copy%20of%20IMAGE_529.jpg

s754 setup
1gb ram
2x 500gb samsung drives (at front)
2x 160gb samsung drives (above cpu)
1x 80gb maxtor drive in 5.25 suspended to silence it.

fans are a bit loud at 5v, so is the AC on the x800xt, need some new cooling stuff.

waiting for soundcard and tv tuners, might also add some more sata ports as I'm out of space bar 1 ide channel.

not the best pic in the world, but I'm finding the eclipse a bit tight for space :(

Copy%20of%20IMAGE_529.jpg

I'd put all the HDD in the front bay - they look tight, but the HDD don't overheat as they are right beside the intake fan. As for everything else, none of that is a feature of the case, surely? The Eclipse has only recently come with fans, and I don't think anyone is pretending they're fabulous.

hehehe was meant as a bit of tongue in cheek, the case is huge and just right for all this. I haven't got all the drives in the front because they've designed the hard disk casing at the front to take all bar a small gap of air from the fan, I'm worried it would disrupt the airflow.

Back
Top Bottom