Alien: Isolation...

Associate
Dis anyone ever ride the alien adventure ride at American adventure? It was one of those 4d things with a big screen and moving seats and stuff. Iirc there was a drop ship moment from aliens as well as a ride in the car ripley drives. That was cool.

I wish I'd been on this one and I'll be going later this year so have to check if it's still around. I bet it's not..
Did you ever go on the Alien Encounter ride at the Magic Kingdom? I'd watched Aliens with my father at some point before and when we went on this ride I was convinced it was real and we were all going to die. I was six or seven. Nothing will ever top that ride for me. :D

edit: I'm a dummy and read Islands of Adventure

Last edited:
Soldato
There was a book released called River of Pain, it takes place at Hadley's Hope, the setting for Aliens before the outbreak. I listened to the audiobook on Audible(it's a full cast dramatisation) and it was really good. It would make a really good game.

Yeah that one is very good. First one is pretty rubbish though, and the second one...with the psychic that can sense the aliens...pfft. They're all worth listening to if you're an Alien nerd but only the third one (River Of Pain) I would really recommend. It's great.

Associate
I finally picked this up for £8.50 via a cdkeys code and now its 75% off lol - typical. Although think my code included a lot of the additonal dlc so probably still better value. Just need to play it now.

Associate
A 7 part mini series just got released. Mostly it's a retread of the game's story using its cutscenes with a little bit of new stuff set directly after. Reminds me that I need to check out the comic.

On the one hand it's nice to know they haven't forgotten about the game, but on the other it's bloody annoying that none of these follow-ups is a proper sequel. Maybe if they keep interest up it might actually materialse into a game some day.

Caporegime
Interesting, thanks. It looks like they’ve added new stuff at the beginning as well. You don’t see Amanda spinning round like that. I’ll watch it over the weekend when I’ve got time. Is the only place to see it on IGN?

Soldato
OP
It's boils my pee that the series is an IGN exclusive when they pretty much made sure Isolation was a flop with their initial reviews.

Is there enough new material in the web series to be worth watching for someone who's played the game extensively and remembers most of the cutscene stuff.

On a side note, watching Alien (1979) in the cinema tonight...whoop whoop.

Caporegime
Is there enough new material in the web series to be worth watching for someone who's played the game extensively and remembers most of the cutscene stuff.

Man, if you're an Alien fan, you shouldn't even be asking that question. You should be glued to your screen watching it again and again and again and again. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom